Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ignoring Witch?  (Read 1145 times)

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Ignoring Witch?
« on: January 16, 2012, 01:19:41 pm »

Earlier today, I played this game against another strong player, a game without gardens or any kind of rush strategy, a game without some kind of quick mega-kill like NV/Bridge, a game where witch is the only curser available, and... neither of us bought one. You've got three ways to deal with them here, lookout, trader, and lighthouse. I was planning on smashing the lighthouses to defend myself, and once I had them, witch's draw gets a lot worse, and he had some defense too... I don't know.
Is lighthouse enough reason to not get witch? What else do you need to make it worth it? Was it the right call here? What about trader and lookout?
What other reasons are there to ignore witch?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
Re: Ignoring Witch?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 07:02:28 pm »

Neither one of you hit exactly $5 until turn 7, at which point you both had plenty of Lighthouses making Witches less useful. You both hit $6 before your second reshuffle, letting you leap straight up to buy Golds. Would you have bought a Witch if you'd hit $5 on turn 3/4/5?

Fuu

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: Fuu
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
Re: Ignoring Witch?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 07:53:03 pm »

What other reasons are there to ignore witch?

What about Remodel and some decent $2s? Maybe it also needs hand-size increasing. I had some success opening Remodel against Sea Hag, with Pearl Diver and Laboratory available...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.736 seconds with 20 queries.