Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Greetings From Washington State  (Read 3820 times)

frogspet

• Pawn
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
Greetings From Washington State
« on: January 08, 2016, 10:07:00 pm »
+6

Hello! I was over the moon last spring when my spouse informed me that there was an online version of Dominion because it was hard finding people to play with IRL. My spouse enjoys Dominion but his favorite games are a little heavier and esoteric. He's also not a huge fan of the shuffling. I've really enjoyed it because there are so many interesting variants and strategies without having to learn a completely new game.

I've been enjoying working through the Campaigns (I was first annoyed, then pleased when the new maps erased progress) and spend half of my time there. Sometimes I play online with my spouse, though usually with random players.

I've mostly been lurking around (I was pointed here by a Donald X link from the Making Fun Forum) but decided to post today my question about Gen Con.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings From Washington State
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 10:10:56 pm »

Greetings and welcome to the forum!
We've been getting a lot of new people recently, which is just fantabulous. It's not my job to tell you to check out the Forum Games and Dominion League, so I won't tell you to check out the Forum Games and Dominion League.

I would recommend helping me fight a losing battle, this community is great and all, but they are quite clueless when it comes to the card 'Scout' (sad, I know, but what are you going to do?).
Hopefully you will post around a lot and not do anything too crazy and get banned.
Welcome!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 10:57:50 pm »

Welcome!  Where in Washington are you?  I'm in Everett.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hugovj
  • DFTBA
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 10:50:05 am »

Greetings and welcome to the forum!
We've been getting a lot of new people recently, which is just fantabulous. It's not my job to tell you to check out the Forum Games and Dominion League, so I won't tell you to check out the Forum Games and Dominion League.
Thanks for leaving that to the professional, Roadrunner.

Check out the forum games and League! I'm not participating in either of those things at the moment, but you know, I get paid quite good.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 03:55:28 pm »

Everett? I am on the other side of Seattle in Tacoma
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

frogspet

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 03:56:07 pm »

Okay so what I am getting from this is I should check out the Forum Games and Dominion League and Roadrunner7671's posts are what I should imagine my son's OL posts will be like in a few years.

Kirian - Just up the 5 from you in the 'Ham. We won't be going to the new OrcaCon or DragonFlight this year (my spouse led several games last year that had really flakey players) but we'll be at Game On! and Gen Con. There is a gaming group that meets Sunday nights at a pizza place in Bellingham if you're interested in meeting up there tomorrow to play Dominion (assuming you're not at OrcaCon this weekend). I'm probably more of an intermediate player than advanced.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 04:39:43 pm »

Okay so what I am getting from this is I should check out the Forum Games and Dominion League and Roadrunner7671's posts are what I should imagine my son's OL posts will be like in a few years.
OL is internet slang for online?
And I have a sinking feeling that your son is 5 or 6 and I'm just very bad at the Internet.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 06:44:15 pm »

Kirian - Just up the 5 from you in the 'Ham. We won't be going to the new OrcaCon or DragonFlight this year (my spouse led several games last year that had really flakey players) but we'll be at Game On! and Gen Con. There is a gaming group that meets Sunday nights at a pizza place in Bellingham if you're interested in meeting up there tomorrow to play Dominion (assuming you're not at OrcaCon this weekend). I'm probably more of an intermediate player than advanced.

Hah, I'm sitting at Orcacon right now, waiting to pay for lunch.

Everett? I am on the other side of Seattle in Tacoma

So anything from 45 minutes to 4 hours away...
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

frogspet

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 02:05:54 pm »
+1

Kirian - What did you think about OrcaCon? My spouse read all of the 'triggering' speech and was triggered.  ;D And I'll admit that I am glad that you're busy because yesterday my introverted self was thinking 'WTF have I done?'

Roadrunner7671 - I looked at your profile and decided to take that you were 13yo at face value. After all, who would lie on the internet?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 03:41:41 pm »

Roadrunner7671 - I looked at your profile and decided to take that you were 13yo at face value. After all, who would lie on the internet?

Well, it's not exactly hard to believe when you read his posts.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 03:44:06 pm »

Can you point out certain posts in particular?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2016, 03:48:30 pm »

No.

Vote: RR
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2016, 03:48:59 pm »

No.

Vote: RR
Dayvig: Roadrunner7671
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.