Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: Best Dominion moments 2016  (Read 52032 times)

aku_chi

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: aku chi
  • Respect: +1435
    • View Profile
Re: Best Dominion moments 2016
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2017, 11:57:43 am »
+3

It's not uncommon to open Silver/Moneylender and end up drawing Moneylender, Silver, Estate x3

Actually, there's only a 1/792 chance of drawing Moneylender, Silver, Estate x3 on turn 3 or 4 after opening with Silver/Moneylender.

(If I've done my math correctly: 12 choose 7 / 7 choose 7)

TrojH

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2017, 12:05:38 pm »

FFS.

Wait, what? Is this some time into the game, after you've played a Highway? How unlucky this is depends heavily on how many Coppers you've already trashed. It's not uncommon to open Silver/Moneylender and end up drawing Moneylender, Silver, Estate x3, and that's much worse than having it happen later.

Turn 3, after a Baker token, I'm guessing.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2017, 12:37:57 pm »
+1

FFS.

Wait, what? Is this some time into the game, after you've played a Highway? How unlucky this is depends heavily on how many Coppers you've already trashed. It's not uncommon to open Silver/Moneylender and end up drawing Moneylender, Silver, Estate x3, and that's much worse than having it happen later.

Turn 3, after a Baker token, I'm guessing.

No, look at the costs of all the cards; they're reduced by 1.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2017, 12:40:19 pm »

It's not uncommon to open Silver/Moneylender and end up drawing Moneylender, Silver, Estate x3

Actually, there's only a 1/792 chance of drawing Moneylender, Silver, Estate x3 on turn 3 or 4 after opening with Silver/Moneylender.

(If I've done my math correctly: 12 choose 7 / 7 choose 7)

I think you over complicated it, it's also just 12 choose 5, or 12 choose 7. But uncommon was clearly the wrong word. I guess I meant not unheard of.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2017, 12:45:09 pm »
+1

It was turn 11, and the costs are lowered because I took the screenshot on my opponent's turn and he had a Bridge. Yes, I had trashed like 3 Coppers already, but I also had a bunch of Scrying Pools and City Quarters and other Actions so my expectations to cycle through at least some of my deck, connect the Potion with at least $2 and connect the Moneylender with a Copper should have been pretty good (I mean, that's how it worked out for my opponent). Instead, I skipped the trashing that shuffle, I skipped the Scrying Pool gain that shuffle, and I skipped just one entire turn in general, putting me perhaps two-ish turns behind my opponent in terms of tempo and permanently behind in terms of the Scrying Pool split.

I guess I meant not unheard of.

Yeah and I'm still salty about that too.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 12:47:37 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2017, 01:26:13 pm »
+2

Cross post from way back in the Homage to the Best Card thread:

In any case, I just realized that Young Witch could probably be a reasonable proxy for Disaster Girl.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 01:27:14 pm by markusin »

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2017, 02:30:52 pm »
+1

Winning a game thanks to an early Transmute buy.

Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.