Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 123  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part III  (Read 650407 times)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part III
« Reply #2875 on: October 06, 2017, 02:22:40 am »

Having an avatar makes it look like you're a member of the community, rather than someone who just joined and is making a few quick posts. It makes you look a little more unique, rather than just a username posting.

The best avatars are either a painting of you or dominion art.

I'm going to explain the joke here because especially new people won't pick up on this:  Tables is Sir Martin.

He also eats tables.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: October 06, 2017, 07:17:55 am »

Having an avatar makes it look like you're a member of the community, rather than someone who just joined and is making a few quick posts. It makes you look a little more unique, rather than just a username posting.

I'm going to explain the joke here because especially new people won't pick up on this:  Tables is Sir Martin.

He also eats tables.
Tables may have Martin in his name, but he is not Sir Martin. I don't think Sir Martin has an account here. Sir Destry does.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2877 on: October 06, 2017, 07:23:10 am »
+2

Tables is a Martin and he kind of looks like the art, according to some old posts.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: October 06, 2017, 09:34:12 am »

The menu has chai tea latte. The redundancy is killing me.
A man has no signature

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: October 06, 2017, 11:21:26 am »

Is there no espresso involved?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: October 06, 2017, 11:24:04 am »

You can order a shot of espresso to be added.
A man has no signature

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: October 06, 2017, 11:28:08 am »

You can order a shot of espresso to be added.

I think latte is an acceptable truncation of caffelatte but otherwise, yes, means "with milk". Chai certainly denotes milk but also some spices, no? cardamom, cinnamon and ginger IIRC.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: October 06, 2017, 11:38:25 am »
+1

Chai just means tea.

I am also amused by garbanzo beans. Garbanzo means chickpea.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: October 06, 2017, 12:47:37 pm »
+1

Tables is a Martin and he kind of looks like the art, according to some old posts.
Kind of in the sense that they both have beards.
Sir Martin looks much better though.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2884 on: October 09, 2017, 06:11:16 am »
+1

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: October 09, 2017, 01:45:36 pm »

Should I get an avatar?

If you don't, then someone will yell at you to choose an avatar. That's how I got this one.

I forgot who yelled at me. Was it Silverspawn? I want to say it was Silverspawn.

Pretty sure it was me. Anyways the argument you posed regarding judgement and avatars was the reason you took it down (and still basically have it down for all intents and purposes)
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: October 09, 2017, 01:53:01 pm »
+1

Pretty sure it was me. Anyways the argument you posed regarding judgement and avatars was the reason you took it down (and still basically have it down for all intents and purposes)

Ah yes, good times.
A man has no signature

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: October 10, 2017, 02:58:57 am »

He also eats tables.
Tables may have Martin in his name, but he is not Sir Martin. I don't think Sir Martin has an account here. Sir Destry does.

I sit corrected.  Somehow I had gotten the idea that they were the same person.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: October 11, 2017, 09:52:47 am »

So I was aware of a game called Kingdom Hearts, and I knew it was Disneyed, which may explain why it never really made a serious blip on my radar.

But I've seen claims that it's a really amazing game –even possibly the best video game of all time.

Is it really that great, I ask of the people who are probably younger and hipper than me. I still have my PS3, so it should be a very simple purchase if I decide to go that route.

And for the sake of getting my wife involved, does it have spiders?
A man has no signature

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2889 on: October 11, 2017, 10:02:44 am »
+5

I understand that spiders are super cute and all, but not wanting to get involved with anything that doesn't have spiders sounds a bit extreme.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: October 11, 2017, 11:50:14 am »

So I was aware of a game called Kingdom Hearts, and I knew it was Disneyed, which may explain why it never really made a serious blip on my radar.

But I've seen claims that it's a really amazing game –even possibly the best video game of all time.

Is it really that great, I ask of the people who are probably younger and hipper than me. I still have my PS3, so it should be a very simple purchase if I decide to go that route.

I have not played any Kingdom Hearts game. I watched my housemate play an early part of the first Kingdom Hearts game once. It looked super boring.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: October 11, 2017, 12:20:29 pm »

I have not played any Kingdom Hearts game. I watched my housemate play an early part of the first Kingdom Hearts game once. It looked super boring.

I got into it when I was a teenager and a bit more impressionable, but yes it's fun.

The battle system in the first game looks less impressive than the battle system in later games.

They can be a bit easy in that on regular difficulties you can mash the attack button and end up winning anyways.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: October 11, 2017, 07:36:34 pm »
+5

I just realised that you can take a Ferry in order to Inherit a Crown, which then lets you Counterfeit your Estates. The thematic implications are doing my head in.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: October 13, 2017, 02:42:50 pm »

Does saying "Everything I say is false" imply that some things I say are true? My gut tells me yes but it's really funky.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: October 13, 2017, 02:57:51 pm »

Does saying "Everything I say is false" imply that some things I say are true? My gut tells me yes but it's really funky.

This sentence is a paradox, thus anything involving it is meaningless.  It doesn't even make sense to talk about anything when you assume that saying "Everything I say is false" is possible.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2895 on: October 13, 2017, 03:04:37 pm »
+1

It doesn't even make sense to talk about anything when you assume that saying "Everything I say is false" is possible.

It is possible. I just tried and I could say it just fine, although my pronunciation might not have been perfect.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: October 13, 2017, 04:06:54 pm »

According to my logic classes, it's effectively word salad. It's syntactically correct, but not meaningful, like "Colorless green ideas sleep furiously".

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: October 13, 2017, 04:14:34 pm »

My thinking was involved. using Reductio Ad Absurdum on the statement "Some things I say are true". If you negate that you get "No things I say are true", and if you say that you get a contradiction, proving the orginal statement.

I'm guessing that this is just pseudo-logic. It sounds logical but it makes no logicao sense.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: October 14, 2017, 12:08:42 am »
+1

Well it does in the same sense that anything can be derived from a contradiction. Saying "I am four years old and I'm also not four years old" implies I am four years old, I'm not four years old, the moon is made of cheese, and unicorns are real.

My thinking was involved. using Reductio Ad Absurdum on the statement "Some things I say are true". If you negate that you get "No things I say are true", and if you say that you get a contradiction, proving the orginal statement.

I'm guessing that this is just pseudo-logic. It sounds logical but it makes no logicao sense.

But this argument works independently of whether you started with the statement "Everything I say is false". You're just proving that, in general, "some things I say are true" always holds; it's a tautology. If you also say "Everything I say is false", now you just get a contradiction, because that sentence is always a contradiction; it's (logically equivalent to) the negation of a tautology.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: October 14, 2017, 04:04:28 am »

Wow, this is confusing. You can say "some things I say are true" and be lying, for example if the only things you say are that and "1=2".
How does that work with the negation of "some things i say are true" being the paradoxon "everything I say is false"?
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.