Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 123  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part III  (Read 650392 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +971
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part III
« Reply #2200 on: January 07, 2017, 06:30:32 am »
+2

I still don't get the concept of having a favorite color.

my favorite color is the one yellow troops in WarCraft 2 had. And all their buildings. It's such a cool yellow! But i don't have favourite color overall. Some shades of purple and purple/yellow mix I think.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: January 07, 2017, 07:08:17 am »
+8

I had a problem with that too, but then I started to think of it as in having a favourite polyhedron, but with colours instead.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
  • Respect: +145
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: January 07, 2017, 01:30:45 pm »
+3

I had a problem with that too, but then I started to think of it as in having a favourite polyhedron, but with colours instead.

I failed to understand that as well, but then I considered the similarity between having a favorite polyhedron and having a favorite quark.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: January 07, 2017, 02:35:07 pm »
+8

I failed to understand that as well, but then I considered the similarity between having a favorite polyhedron and having a favorite quark.
That's strange

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: January 07, 2017, 02:56:07 pm »
+2

That's strange

You have so much charm

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
  • Respect: +145
    • View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: January 07, 2017, 03:00:03 pm »

That's strange

I see what you did there. Have an upvote.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: January 07, 2017, 05:59:55 pm »
+1

That's strange

You have so much charm
Is that the truth?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: January 07, 2017, 06:00:20 pm »
+2

That's strange

You have so much charm

I'm going to go up to downtown and will go to a skyscraper to visit all the floors from the bottom to the top.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: January 07, 2017, 08:14:57 pm »

That's strange

You have so much charm

I'm going to go up to downtown and will go to a skyscraper to visit all the floors from the bottom to the top.

Sounds electronofying

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: January 07, 2017, 11:10:48 pm »

there was some term that i'm forgetting that you're supposed to use for white & black & the like

Hue
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: January 08, 2017, 11:38:15 pm »
+1

So I found this cool website where you can listen to accents from different parts of the world.

https://localingual.com/

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: January 08, 2017, 11:44:11 pm »

So I found this cool website where you can listen to accents from different parts of the world.

https://localingual.com/
the top one in colorado is "shred the gnar, brah!"

he does it very well, too
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: January 14, 2017, 05:44:59 pm »
+5

Today I played the Nintendo Switch. Anyone have any questions about it?
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: January 14, 2017, 05:45:43 pm »

Was it as awesome as it appears to be?  What game did you play?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: January 14, 2017, 06:11:37 pm »
+2

Was it as awesome as it appears to be?  What game did you play?

It was pretty awesome. The Joycons feel like they're each more accurate than the Motion Plus Wiimotes were, and you have one in each hand, which is great. The classic controller feels pretty balanced. I didn't play with a Switch console itself but my friend who did said positive things about it.

I played (possibly missing some but I think...):

Arms (5 full battles, once as each character in the demo)
Splatoon 2 (Charger)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Battle mode)
1 2 Switch (Safe Cracker, Ninja Training, Poser, Milk)

There were lots of other games at the event but queues were fairly long (especially for Zelda - they had a LOT of Zelda booths but, long queues + 1 player meant we passed on it).
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: January 14, 2017, 09:29:51 pm »

How was Arms?  I can't tell if it's going to be the dumbest game ever or the greatest game ever (or both).

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: January 15, 2017, 05:33:14 am »
+2

How was Arms?  I can't tell if it's going to be the dumbest game ever or the greatest game ever (or both).

Fun. Really fun. I think a big part of why was the novelty + being fairly equally matched + next to my friend, and I feel like it'd lose some of that if I played it a lot, but at the event, it was a blast.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: January 15, 2017, 06:11:05 pm »
+1

Hey, me too! I posted my thoughts about it on another forum, I'll go retrieve that post at some point and share it here, too.

ConMan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: January 15, 2017, 09:26:18 pm »
+4

Here we go:

• The Joycon controllers are tiny. Even the Switch is small, but you really notice it when you're holding something that is about 2/3 the length and 1/2 the thickness of an original Wiimote and trying to press buttons on it. It's especially odd that the two sides aren't exactly the same, so there can be some slight alignment adjustments if you swap between them.
  • I didn't get to play Zelda (the combination of the demo taking about 20 minutes and everyone else in the building wanting to try it kind of made it tricky), but from what I hear it's pretty, a lot of things feel like a Zelda game, but some things (possibly including combat) don't.
  • ARMS is a tech demo, and one with fairly limited replay potential.
  • 1, 2, Switch is a bunch of tech demos repurposed into a party game. A few of the minigames are probably "play once and you'll never touch it again", but several of them will be fun to pull out at gatherings and set up impromptu cow milking tournaments, or whatever.
  • Speaking of 1, 2, Switch, they weren't kidding about the sensitivity of the rumble - I played both the Safe cracking and Ball counting games and you could feel quite small changes in the pattern of the rumble (Ball counting is definitely one of those games that you'd only play once and go "Woah" at, though).
  • Splatoon 2 is Splatoon with more stuff. Fun stuff, but there didn't feel like any radical departures in the demo I played (proper local multiplayer should be good, though).
  • Everyone who played Snipperclips thought it was amazingly fun. Apparently it should be an eShop title and will be about $AU30, which I think is a little high but probably not terribly so.
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe seems fine, but refer back to my comment about the small controller, and apply that to the small controller inside a proportionately small steering wheel. It's theoretically nice that the motion controls are actually good enough to steer with now, but it was still tricky.
  • Bomberman is Bomberman. Those who like the games are getting more of what they like, and it will probably be a good intro to the series for people too. It will support up to 8 players in battle mode (possibly on the one console?) with a double-width map, which should make for some good chaotic fun.
I'm guessing that, like with the Wii and Wii U, the first year or so of games is going to be a mix of (a) tech demos elevated to real games and (b) stuff that was being planned for the previous console before being retooled for the new one, so I wouldn't expect to see much in the way of games that really delve into the depths of possibility just yet. The price point is not terrible, though, so we might consider it (especially for Zelda).

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: January 16, 2017, 04:38:48 pm »
+1

ARMS is a tech demo, and one with fairly limited replay potential.

Eh, I dunno. I think it's got a bit of replayability. It feels like it's probably on par with stuff like Pokken, but I doubt it's going to be a smash hit like Splatoon was.

Speaking of 1, 2, Switch, they weren't kidding about the sensitivity of the rumble - I played both the Safe cracking and Ball counting games and you could feel quite small changes in the pattern of the rumble (Ball counting is definitely one of those games that you'd only play once and go "Woah" at, though).

I didn't get to play the ball counting, but the safe game definitely. Really felt surprisingly good.

The price point is not terrible, though, so we might consider it (especially for Zelda).

Hm, really? The big thing putting me off right now is the price. I didn't realise just how expensive it was until I started going through the numbers. For example, suppose I wanted to get the console shortly after launch, with 3 games: ARMS, Zelda and 1-2-Switch, plus an extra set of joycons (roughly equivalent to an extra controller, although sorta like two extra controllers). That would set me back:

£280 for the console
£75 for Joycons
£60 for Zelda (why is Zelda on the Switch 50% more expensive than on the Wii U?)
£40 for 1-2-Switch
£50 for ARMS

For a total of £505. By comparison, I got my Wii U with 3 games and an additional pro controller for about £315, although since it was several years after launch you can probably add about £100 from price drops and promotions. Still though, that's a solid 25% more expensive compared to the Wii U, and people already panned the Wii U for being expensive. I don't know exactly how this compares in Australian Dollars or Freedom Dollars (I mean according to Google £505 = $608 USD but it's not really like that since games are just more expensive here) but price wise, that's the main thing putting me off right now. And this has done nothing to factor in things like the paid online.

Still... overall, it's fun. Right now I'm debating getting Breath of the Wild on the Wii U rather than Switch, because seriously, why does it cost £60 on Switch and £40 on Wii U?

ConMan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: January 16, 2017, 06:50:43 pm »

Well for me, it would be:

$470 for the console
$120 for an extra pair of Joy-Con
$40 if I want a Joy-Con charging station
up to $100 per game (MK8DLX is $80, Zelda BotW is $90, Mario and Splatoon 2 are $100, Has Been Heroes is only $40)

For comparison, a Wii U with 4 games (MK8, Nintendo Land, Sports Connection and an eShop code for SSB) is currently $430, Wiimotes are about $70 each, a Pro controller also about $70, and games are around $70 as well (including BotW). And that's taking into account the fact that this is at the end of the console's life cycle, and I think about the only thing that's changed significantly since launch prices is that you get more games with the Wii U itself. (Google agrees - launch price for the Wii U Deluxe was $430 with nothing included.)

But also, to factor in, a New 3DS XL is $250, with $60 being fairly typical for a top-line new release game. I can't imagine that the Switch will really replace the 3DS as the portable console, but it might eat a little into the time I would otherwise spend on it and hence the games I play on it.

The conversion to GBP is about 2/3rds at the moment - so from some quick calculations the costs aren't that much off what you're talking about, I guess we just have differing ideas of what all that stuff is worth.

ARMS is a tech demo, and one with fairly limited replay potential.

Eh, I dunno. I think it's got a bit of replayability. It feels like it's probably on par with stuff like Pokken, but I doubt it's going to be a smash hit like Splatoon was.
I think it's a bit below Pokken, personally. Besides the lack of a major licence, I didn't feel like there was a huge amount of control available like there is in most popular fighting or shooting games - you pick a character, you pick their left and right weapons, you flail wildly in an attempt to hit your opponent without getting hit yourself. It didn't feel like they were leaving room for, say, fancy combos like in Street Fighter or a large range of weapons like in Splatoon. I guess I might be judging too much from a pre-launch demo, but none of our group really saw it as a game that we'd pay full price for.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: January 16, 2017, 08:12:58 pm »
+3

People, we have Dominion Online, there's no need to bother with Nintendos.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

ConMan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: January 16, 2017, 11:04:17 pm »

You say that, but the upcoming* Switch port of DO is going to be amazing.

* Not actually upcoming.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2223 on: January 16, 2017, 11:08:35 pm »
+1

* Not actually upcoming.

It's already out?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: January 17, 2017, 03:28:05 pm »
+2

I'm pretty excited for the Switch, personally.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 21 queries.