Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 123  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part III  (Read 650231 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part III
« Reply #2025 on: November 19, 2016, 11:39:01 pm »

That made me incredibly sad. Why can't that nerd have just one day of happiness?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: November 21, 2016, 11:15:26 pm »
+3

Dating profile description: "Please give your name when replying to me."

My response: "Hi, my first name is ____, and if we get to know each other well enough, you'll get my last name. If we really get to know each other, you'll also get my last name."

Nailed it.

Edit: The conversation is going well so far! :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 11:16:45 pm by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2027 on: November 22, 2016, 01:54:31 am »

Dating profile description: "Please give your name when replying to me."

My response: "Hi, my first name is ____, and if we get to know each other well enough, you'll get my last name. If we really get to know each other, you'll also get my last name."

Nailed it.

What exactly were you trying to say?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: November 22, 2016, 02:12:24 am »
+2

Marry me.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: November 22, 2016, 03:02:50 am »

Some random questions as a CS major.

Is coding still as fun when you move into higher levels?

What is the point of coding stuff in Vim?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2030 on: November 22, 2016, 04:23:32 am »
+7

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: November 22, 2016, 09:18:22 am »
+3

Some random questions as a CS major.

Is coding still as fun when you move into higher levels?

I used to think that vim was totally useless. Now I am logged in to a super computer all day and the only editor that the super computer has installed is vim. It is pretty powerful when you learn it (which takes a lot of time) but overall I would say it is worth it to learn. The other nice thing about it is nearly every computer will have it wherever you go so you don't need to worry about installing something else when you go start working at a new place. It also can be required by work places. There is also just some usefulness of being able to program in just a terminal.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: November 22, 2016, 09:23:12 am »
+1

What gkrieg said. I ended up installing mvim on my local computer just because I got so used to vim's commands (mvim has a nicer GUI and works better for cutting and pasting, and mouse use). But yeah, the main draw of vim is that all computers (seem to?) have it.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: November 23, 2016, 06:38:43 pm »
+1

That awkward feeling when you join a game on BGA, and you recognize the handle of someone who joins your game as someone you know IRL, but don't much like and haven't seen in many years.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: November 23, 2016, 06:44:04 pm »

It gets even worse once you see the chatbox light up with their conversation.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: November 23, 2016, 06:49:11 pm »

It gets even worse once you see the chatbox light up with their conversation.

I'm almost certain he doesn't know me as "Kirian" at all.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: November 23, 2016, 07:03:25 pm »

Then I'd say it's fun and not awkward. :D

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: November 24, 2016, 01:02:13 pm »

So I don't really like Starbucksbut,  sometimes it's just the most convenient.  Especially on holidays or other times when small businesses may be closed. 

For some reason they insist on making a cafe americano exactly incorrectly.  They put the espresso shots in an empty cup and then fill with (almost always way too hot) water.  It should be like a cafe longe (which you can't get in US, though they were the best thing ever in Paris): add hot (drinkable temperature) water and then add the espresso shots in top.  This preserves the nice 'cream' on top of the drink.  Also you want to drink the espresso shot as soon as possible, so why do it first?  After the few initial drinks, I suppose both ways are more or less the same as the drink has become homogeneous, but it's not as good at first.

Thanks for tuning in to this Thanksgiving coffee rant.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2038 on: November 24, 2016, 01:06:57 pm »

You're welcome!

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: November 24, 2016, 01:33:50 pm »

So I don't really like Starbucksbut,  sometimes it's just the most convenient.  Especially on holidays or other times when small businesses may be closed. 

For some reason they insist on making a cafe americano exactly incorrectly.  They put the espresso shots in an empty cup and then fill with (almost always way too hot) water.  It should be like a cafe longe (which you can't get in US, though they were the best thing ever in Paris): add hot (drinkable temperature) water and then add the espresso shots in top.  This preserves the nice 'cream' on top of the drink.  Also you want to drink the espresso shot as soon as possible, so why do it first?  After the few initial drinks, I suppose both ways are more or less the same as the drink has become homogeneous, but it's not as good at first.

But are you thankful for Starbucks?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: November 24, 2016, 07:07:18 pm »

Starbucks (and most places, actually) don't even know what a macchiato is. I mean they have things on their menu with macchiato in the name but macchiato they are not. I hardly ever drink espresso, or even coffee anymore, but when I do it's going to be a macchiato which means I have to either make it myself, know a place that can, or give explicit directions to some misguided barista.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: November 24, 2016, 08:49:41 pm »

I don't drink americano. I think it's kind of weird, but I get why people do like it. I prefer when it tastes more, I guess.

Can't find anything on cafe longe, but I do know how cafe lungo works, and it's not really add water to espresso, but rather have more water pass through for a longer time.

And wikipedia says you can add the water before or after for an americano.

I don't know much about coffee, though. So take it with a grain of salt (which was apparently how one took their coffee, at least in Sweden, way back).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: November 24, 2016, 11:39:38 pm »

I don't drink americano. I think it's kind of weird, but I get why people do like it. I prefer when it tastes more, I guess.

Can't find anything on cafe longe, but I do know how cafe lungo works, and it's not really add water to espresso, but rather have more water pass through for a longer time.

And wikipedia says you can add the water before or after for an americano.

I don't know much about coffee, though. So take it with a grain of salt (which was apparently how one took their coffee, at least in Sweden, way back).

I meant cafe alonge, which is the same as cafe lungo.  Not the same as an Americano, but that's like the closest you can get here to those. 

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: November 25, 2016, 01:41:32 am »

I enjoy Starbucks for what it is -- a place for free wifi and flavored beverages that have coffee as an ingredient.

For real coffee, no matter the style, make your own at home.  (Or fly to Italy.)
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: November 25, 2016, 10:51:38 am »

I enjoy Starbucks for what it is -- a place for free wifi and flavored beverages that have coffee as an ingredient.

For real coffee, no matter the style, make your own at home.  (Or fly to Italy.)

Sometimes getting coffee is my excuse to leave my apartment.  That was the only reason I went outside yesterday.

Edit: Though I do make my own; I have a relatively cheap (but functional) espresso machine and a French Press.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 10:52:58 am by Witherweaver »

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: November 29, 2016, 12:25:19 am »

(Out of context from Paranatural, which is a fun webcomic.)
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: November 30, 2016, 12:48:01 am »

Anyone have recommendations for a phone stylus?  I bought a cheap-ish one from Best Buy so I could continue to play Pokemon Go without my hands freezing.  It is wearing out after only a couple weeks of use.  Not sure if it's just especially low quality, cold weather or the specific motions needed for PoGo (but probably some combination of all 3).

Anyway, I'm not sure if a more expensive stylus would be better.  For now, I've ordered a set of 10 extra-cheap styluses from Amazon.  No idea if they'll collectively last longer, but it's so cheap that I may as well try.  They're gonna take a month to arrive though.  Any of you guys have relevant wisdom to offer?

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: November 30, 2016, 03:10:15 am »
+2

Never used a phone stylus. I either suffer with my fingers being out in the cold or don't use my phone when I'm outside during the winter. On rare occasions I've used my nose. But when it's cold outside that's not really optimal as I have a tendency to get a slightly runny nose.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: November 30, 2016, 05:18:38 am »
+1

There's also those gloves with touchscreen-active fingertips. I've never tried them, but my friend was pretty satisfied. They are not very thick, though, so they might not be warm enough for your winter.

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1606
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: November 30, 2016, 12:24:59 pm »
+5

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.