Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 123  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part III  (Read 650212 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part III
« Reply #1600 on: September 02, 2016, 10:39:23 pm »

I finished Infinite Jest, by the way.  I liked it quite a bit.  I recommend it to anyone that's, like, alive and reads stuff.  I think I'll go into more of his stuff (maybe short stories first).

Though, I found out a couple months ago that Howl's Moving Castle was actually a novel (series, really).  So I'm starting that now.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: September 05, 2016, 06:24:19 pm »
+1

So a Facebook friend (really, someone I went to elementary school with, so "friend" is an overstatement), in accordance to instructions, shared a post from "Chevy USA" in order to qualify for one of five free Chevy trucks.

I looked at Chevy USA and saw that it only had 745 Likes. I voiced my suspicions that an established company like that would have thousands upon thousands of followers (in fact, 16 million). I said that such a group was likely created for Like farming so it could be sold later. Her response was, "ya never know." That's when I just have to give up.
A man has no signature

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: September 05, 2016, 06:41:32 pm »
+1

So a Facebook friend (really, someone I went to elementary school with, so "friend" is an overstatement), in accordance to instructions, shared a post from "Chevy USA" in order to qualify for one of five free Chevy trucks.

I looked at Chevy USA and saw that it only had 745 Likes. I voiced my suspicions that an established company like that would have thousands upon thousands of followers (in fact, 16 million). I said that such a group was likely created for Like farming so it could be sold later. Her response was, "ya never know." That's when I just have to give up.

I always give up. It's the only sensible solution.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: September 05, 2016, 07:14:40 pm »
+1

I always give up. It's the only sensible solution.

The only way to win is to not play.

The desire for free shit is just so strong that she wasn't willing to consider that it's a scam. And that's what they bank on.
A man has no signature

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: September 05, 2016, 07:20:28 pm »

Oh, and now the picture instructs the user to visit a web page. Yeah, I commented on it in all caps (so I look like a lunatic) warning people that it's probably a scam.

I also sent the link to Chevy itself.

I don't even care for Chevies. I just hate bullshit.
A man has no signature

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: September 05, 2016, 08:29:03 pm »

Oh, and now the picture instructs the user to visit a web page. Yeah, I commented on it in all caps (so I look like a lunatic) warning people that it's probably a scam.

I also sent the link to Chevy itself.

I don't even care for Chevies. I just hate bullshit.
I say let natural selection run its course. If they give their credit card information for their free Chevy, I wouldn't try to stop them.

You're just  A GOOD PERSON KUILDEOUS.

Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: September 05, 2016, 08:29:20 pm »

You're right. I do look like a lunatic.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: September 06, 2016, 01:18:08 pm »
+8

Went scuba diving in the ocean for the first time and was too exhausted to do anything for the rest of the day afterwards. I have newfound respect for Pearl Diver.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: September 06, 2016, 01:37:01 pm »

Pearl Diver is free diving, no?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1609 on: September 08, 2016, 10:00:22 am »
+2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect

Apparently that's how it is called when you repeatedly ask your morning alarm to wait one more turn so you can buy another Province...

That's definitely happened to me with Dominion, and also with music. I remember one time I spent many hours arranging a piece that modulated into C flat and the next morning I didn't want to get up because I was in C flat and none of my clothes were and I couldn't go outside without clothes that were in the same key. Like I was seriously ready to ask someone to get me some clothes in C flat.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 10:11:55 am by J Reggie »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1610 on: September 08, 2016, 10:10:33 am »
+5

Apparently that's how it is called when you repeatedly ask your morning alarm to wait one more turn so you can buy another Province...

That's definitely happened to me with Dominion, and also with music. I remember one time I spent many hours arranging a piece that modulated into C flat and the next morning I didn't want to get up because I was in C flat and none of my clothes were and I couldn't go outside without clothes that were in a different key. Like I was seriously ready to ask someone to get me some clothes in C flat.

I've also made food whose taste had too many bass frequencies in it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: September 08, 2016, 10:27:32 am »
+5

That's definitely happened to me with Dominion, and also with music. I remember one time I spent many hours arranging a piece that modulated into C flat and the next morning I didn't want to get up because I was in C flat and none of my clothes were and I couldn't go outside without clothes that were in a different key. Like I was seriously ready to ask someone to get me some clothes in C flat.

You should probably stay away from seafood

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: September 08, 2016, 11:16:54 am »
+3

You should probably stay away from seafood

'C' Bass
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: September 08, 2016, 12:22:37 pm »

I once played in the orchestra for Ludwig Van Morrison's Concerto for Largemouth Bass.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: September 08, 2016, 12:38:19 pm »

A question for you guys. Is YouTube's comments just currently not working for you all?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1615 on: September 08, 2016, 12:42:10 pm »
+2

A question for you guys. Is YouTube's comments just currently not working for you all?

I don't know if it's not working for us all.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1616 on: September 08, 2016, 12:57:01 pm »
+5

Isn't that a good thing?

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: September 08, 2016, 01:31:23 pm »
+1

It's pretty much been like that since Youtube started, so don't worry about it.

If you would like to fix it I highly recommend Herp Derp
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: September 08, 2016, 03:02:17 pm »

YouTube comments are the best depiction of the utter stupidity of most people on the internet. I don't even...
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: September 08, 2016, 11:31:44 pm »

YouTube comments are the best depiction of the utter stupidity of most people on the internet. I don't even...

Except the comment section of Red Letter Media.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: September 09, 2016, 09:39:43 pm »

So Robz is on Stossel.  Fun fact, I've met Stossel before.. he plays volleyball in NYC; played with him a couple times.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: September 09, 2016, 10:38:15 pm »
+1

Until recently I was using crappy earbuds I got for free that only worked in one ear. Then they didn't work in either ear, and I accidentally ripped them in half. But my mom hates earbuds and never opened hers so I snagged an awesome pair of Apple Earbuds and it feels like a surround sound system because it surrounds me instead of just being off to the left.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: September 09, 2016, 10:42:48 pm »

Until recently I was using crappy earbuds I got for free that only worked in one ear. Then they didn't work in either ear, and I accidentally ripped them in half. But my mom hates earbuds and never opened hers so I snagged an awesome pair of Apple Earbuds and it feels like a surround sound system because it surrounds me instead of just being off to the left.

How actually get a good pair of earbuds, and you'll be in heaven. I can help you find that perfect pair too.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: September 09, 2016, 10:46:19 pm »

How actually get a good pair of earbuds, and you'll be in heaven. I can help you find that perfect pair too.
The best type of earbuds are the cheap/free ones. It's not like I use them for anything besides bad rap and YouTube.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: September 09, 2016, 10:47:23 pm »

The best type of earbuds are the cheap/free ones. It's not like I use them for anything besides bad rap and YouTube.

Except this does not apply to you, because you have not taken that step yet.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.