Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 123  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part III  (Read 650335 times)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part III
« Reply #1550 on: August 21, 2016, 12:47:47 pm »
+1

All three of them stem from Greek mythology (I think?), so grouping them under the name of a different Greek monster (the original chimera, see Bellephoron) seems confusing in that context.

I don't know what the word would be though.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: August 21, 2016, 01:34:36 pm »

thanks for complimenting my enchantment, mr. secret-fire. i'll show it to you when you wake up
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: August 21, 2016, 02:13:05 pm »

The church I work at is the most comically inept place to ever work in. It's like a Dilbert comic strip come to life. I am the only rational person there, I swear. Getting anything done there that needs to be done is like the business equivalent of Vietnam. It's unwinnable. The leadership is a complete joke, and there's bureaucratic red tape wherever you go.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 02:15:05 pm by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: August 21, 2016, 05:46:48 pm »
+2

What are satyrs, centaurs and mermaids classified as? Creatures who have the upper half of a human but the lower half of something else. Is there a word for all of those?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100311083438AAhhAaM

Suggests "therianthrope" as a possiblity.

Wikipedia suggests "Centauroid creature" or "mythological hybrid".
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: August 21, 2016, 06:03:51 pm »

The church I work at

I'm lacking some cultural context here.  What does that involve?  The churches I've come across don't have anything resembling staff, and certainly not enough to develop an attendant bureaucracy.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: August 21, 2016, 07:35:58 pm »
+5

Happy birthday to me!

Happy Birthday, RR :-) Hope to get to play in a Mafia game with you soon!
(Are many other people here super-young?)
There are two people around my age and one closer to 16. It's hard to tell though
I'm still 13!

Wow, you're pretty old. Have you considered contacting the Guinness World Records?

If there's ever a line where I get sick of factorial jokes, I don't want to cross it.
A man has no signature

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: August 21, 2016, 09:24:45 pm »

The church I work at

I'm lacking some cultural context here.  What does that involve?  The churches I've come across don't have anything resembling staff, and certainly not enough to develop an attendant bureaucracy.

It's pretty relaxed where I work at, but there are business-like policies and budgets and things like that. There's also incompetent leadership that belittles everyone who makes a mistake or even brings up inconvenient truths like sound equipment breaking down, because that involves money. Nobody in the higher-ups has any idea about technology, and they expect the team I work for to just get it done without any money, which is going to only work for so long.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 09:26:22 pm by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: August 22, 2016, 12:57:44 pm »
+2

The church I work at

It's pretty relaxed where I work at, but there are business-like policies and budgets and things like that. There's also incompetent leadership that belittles everyone who makes a mistake or even brings up inconvenient truths like sound equipment breaking down, because that involves money. Nobody in the higher-ups has any idea about technology, and they expect the team I work for to just get it done without any money, which is going to only work for so long.

Don't worry, it's like that pretty much everywhere.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: August 22, 2016, 01:00:09 pm »

Talked to the neighbor yesterday and somewhere in the conversation he was telling me about his cousin who has a grandson and the cousin with the grandson just had a son. It took me forever to figure out that the grandson just had a new uncle and not some other crazy cousin concoction.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: August 24, 2016, 12:07:21 pm »
+1

Common premise: When you are teleported, the old you is disintegrated and a new you is built complete with memories.

Story idea: The first stages of teleportation research where they haven't figured out how to retain the memories.
A man has no signature

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1560 on: August 24, 2016, 12:10:58 pm »
+1

Common premise: When you are teleported, the old you is disintegrated and a new you is built complete with memories.

Story idea: The first stages of teleportation research where they haven't figured out how to retain the memories.

Reminds me of Steins;Gate, although it's about time travel, not just teleportation.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: August 24, 2016, 12:19:38 pm »
+1

Have you watched Dark Matter?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: August 24, 2016, 03:43:32 pm »

Reminds me of Steins;Gate, although it's about time travel, not just teleportation.

do you like that show?

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: August 24, 2016, 03:53:41 pm »

Have you watched Dark Matter?

I have not. It's been on my radar, but the fact that you bring this up as a direct response to my musing brings it a little closer on my radar.
A man has no signature

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1564 on: August 24, 2016, 04:08:01 pm »

do you like that show?

I like the show and love the VN.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: August 24, 2016, 07:19:38 pm »

If you like that kind of thing, then I'd recommend trying the Zero Escape series of visual novel games. I'm currently playing the first one (9 Hours, 9 Doors, 9 Persons or some permutation of the same) after finally getting around to finishing the second one (Virtue's Last Reward) and will get the third one (Time Dilemma, I think) on the Nintendo e-Shop at some point to round out the story. From what I know of the plots, there's a lot of reference to the typical things like Schrodinger's Cat and the like, made relevant because a major plot point and mechanic of the games is that the protagonist of each game, and often some other characters, is occasionally able to remember things that happened in another timeline where you made different decisions, and indeed the big reveal at the end of Virtue's Last Reward is that everything was done with the aim of sending the protagonist's mind back in time to prevent a disaster. And from what I've been told of Time Dilemma, not only do most of the characters have the same or similar ability, but between bits of the story they're given anaesthetic and amnesiac drugs so that neither you nor they are entirely sure what things happen in what order, or even in the same timeline.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: August 29, 2016, 05:31:51 am »
+2

I just googled "dreams cause pollution" and got zero results. now that I typed "dreams cause pollution" into a public forum, will I get one? Let me see...

edit: I do not! scam!

Update! I do get it now. Apparently google needs some time.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: August 29, 2016, 10:18:44 am »

do you like that show?

I like the show and love the VN.
The VN (which I sadly have yet to play) is coming to Steam next month!

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: August 29, 2016, 10:36:12 am »

8)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: August 29, 2016, 10:42:14 am »

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: August 30, 2016, 04:32:06 am »

I had seven soft drinks today, from about noon to 10 PM. It's 3:30 AM and my 'sugar high' still isn't gone. When I crash I think I might pass out. Or I might accidentally pull a all nighter.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +971
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: August 30, 2016, 04:55:43 am »

I had seven soft drinks today, from about noon to 10 PM. It's 3:30 AM and my 'sugar high' still isn't gone. When I crash I think I might pass out. Or I might accidentally pull a all nighter.

It's middle of the week, man!
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: August 30, 2016, 04:59:46 am »

It's still summer for me!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: August 30, 2016, 05:01:17 am »
+1

It's still summer for me!

Oh well. I'm jealous. Gotta drink after work and make up some crazy ideas in Mafia hehe

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: August 30, 2016, 05:06:09 am »

It's sad when I'm in the middle of the day and forum is sleeping though

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.