Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 123  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part III  (Read 650216 times)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part III
« Reply #1475 on: August 12, 2016, 12:56:54 pm »

It bothers me that your avatar goes from yellow to white except for the R, which is yellow like the As.  I just can't.

Interesting. I've stared at it for a few iterations, and I don't see the white. I wonder if it's a browser thing.

In any case, there was not to be any white in it when I crafted it, so it's not at all intentional.

Of course, now I'm tempted to create one that cycles through six iterations and then on the seventh one have some really odd and quick glitch just so people can wonder if they saw that correctly.
A man has no signature

RAwaclus

• Pawn
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: August 12, 2016, 01:25:23 pm »

It bothers me that your avatar goes from yellow to white except for the R, which is yellow like the As.  I just can't.

Interesting. I've stared at it for a few iterations, and I don't see the white. I wonder if it's a browser thing.

In any case, there was not to be any white in it when I crafted it, so it's not at all intentional.

Of course, now I'm tempted to create one that cycles through six iterations and then on the seventh one have some really odd and quick glitch just so people can wonder if they saw that correctly.

do it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1477 on: August 12, 2016, 01:41:38 pm »
+1

I think he means blue, not white. All the consonants only have the outlines in the orange color and the middle is the same kind of blue as the background, except for R which is fully orange just like the As.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 12, 2016, 02:02:50 pm »

I think he means blue, not white. All the consonants only have the outlines in the orange color and the middle is the same kind of blue as the background, except for R which is fully orange just like the As.

Yes that is what I meant.  For some reason I just assumed because it wasn't colored that it was white.  Interesting subconscious thought.

gkrieg13

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: August 12, 2016, 02:03:29 pm »
+13

My wife and I are officially home owners!

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: August 12, 2016, 02:14:10 pm »

Yes that is what I meant.  For some reason I just assumed because it wasn't colored that it was white.  Interesting subconscious thought.

That makes sense. I suppose it kind of is like white space. It's negative, for certain.

But yeah, I'm not happy with those tweens. I need to come up with something better. It doesn't morph nicely.
A man has no signature

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: August 12, 2016, 02:42:46 pm »
+1

You mean, mortgage payers? If so, welcome to the club.
If you mean to say you no longer owe debt on your home, then congratulations!
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

gkrieg13

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: August 12, 2016, 06:14:37 pm »

You mean, mortgage payers? If so, welcome to the club.
If you mean to say you no longer owe debt on your home, then congratulations!

Unfortunately we are the former.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1483 on: August 14, 2016, 11:22:32 am »

I misclicked and accidentally logged out of f.ds.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #1484 on: August 14, 2016, 11:36:18 am »
+4

Congrats :)  We're hoping to close on a home next month - offer accepted, mortgage docs signed.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: August 14, 2016, 01:49:40 pm »

I got No Man's Sky. It's very fun so far, with what little I know. The only issue is it keeps crashing on my PS4. :(
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 14, 2016, 01:55:51 pm »
+2

I got No Man's Sky. It's very fun so far, with what little I know. The only issue is it keeps crashing on my PS4. :(
dammit that's the one it's supposed to not crash on
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 14, 2016, 03:28:51 pm »

dammit that's the one it's supposed to not crash on

I reset my PS4, no problems afterwards.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 15, 2016, 12:16:41 am »

My age is currently an antiprime number (antiprime numbers might only be a thing according to Brady Haran and called highly composite number by most other people).

Hey, if Brady Haran says it, it's practically math.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: August 15, 2016, 08:11:41 am »

I remember when I was the perfect age. I remember when I was in my Mersenne prime.

But those won't happen to me ever again unless they find a cure for natural mortality.

I need to find other fun numbers. The gap between squares is ever widening. I have to wait 5 more years for that.
A man has no signature

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 15, 2016, 08:50:23 am »

I remember when I was the perfect age. I remember when I was in my Mersenne prime.

But those won't happen to me ever again unless they find a cure for natural mortality.

I need to find other fun numbers. The gap between squares is ever widening. I have to wait 5 more years for that.

44?
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 15, 2016, 09:19:41 am »

44?

Correct. I threw a little solve-for-x problem in there, though it's not the only solution. But you did choose the statistically most likely solution.
A man has no signature

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 15, 2016, 09:25:57 am »

44?

Correct. I threw a little solve-for-x problem in there, though it's not the only solution. But you did choose the statistically most likely solution.
I tossed up about 31, but "remember when" does seem to imply that it's not current.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: August 15, 2016, 09:34:49 am »

I'm confused about the statement of the problem.  Is x a number of the form n^2-5 that is greater than the largest perfect numbers and a Mersenne primes that are in the interval, say, (0, 110) (and is itself also in (0,100))?  In that case you still have 59, 76, 95.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 15, 2016, 09:41:48 am »
+1

I'm confused about the statement of the problem.  Is x a number of the form n^2-5 that is greater than the largest perfect numbers and a Mersenne primes that are in the interval, say, (0, 110) (and is itself also in (0,100))?  In that case you still have 59, 76, 95.

Yeah, pretty much. Like Kuildeous says, there's several possibilities, but of them there, 44 is the most likely considering the general demographic of F.DS.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 15, 2016, 09:45:05 am »
+1

Yeah, pretty much. Like Kuildeous says, there's several possibilities, but of them there, 44 is the most likely considering the general demographic of F.DS.

I'm going to go ahead and keep thinking that he's 95.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 15, 2016, 09:47:17 am »

Yeah, I could have thrown in something to cap the choices. I dunno, something like I always wanted a VCR when I was in high school? That also eliminates many of the younger choices, but you never know. Someone under 20 could want something so retro as a VCR.

I really need to get rid of my VCR tapes, since I don't even have a VCR to play them anymore. They're just taking up sentimental space on my shelves. I also just hate throwing things away, especially when I spent money on them.
A man has no signature

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: August 15, 2016, 09:48:23 am »
+1

I remember that SwitchedFromStarcraft said he was in his 60s, so 59 is not a far-out solution.
A man has no signature

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: August 15, 2016, 10:10:38 am »

I really need to get rid of my VCR tapes, since I don't even have a VCR to play them anymore. They're just taking up sentimental space on my shelves. I also just hate throwing things away, especially when I spent money on them.

I feel this! I only got rid of my VCR and tapes a few years ago because my housemate talked me into putting them on Freecycle. I still have a dual cassette player upstairs...
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: August 15, 2016, 10:22:06 am »

Yeah, I could have thrown in something to cap the choices. I dunno, something like I always wanted a VCR when I was in high school? That also eliminates many of the younger choices, but you never know. Someone under 20 could want something so retro as a VCR.

I put mine up on Craigslist for free. They got snatched very quickly. The guy said he still had VCRs and collected VHS. Maybe he knew a place to sell them but I went with his story because it made me feel better knowing someone was still going to get use out of them.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.