Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 123  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part III  (Read 650590 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Random Stuff Part III
« Reply #775 on: April 13, 2016, 09:00:47 am »
+7

I would bet on there being fewer rapists among MTG players than among a random group of people.

It's not the guy himself, it's his glasses that are the serial rapist. Every day he walks on the streets, his glasses go and rape random strangers, no matter how much he tries to stop them.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3190
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 13, 2016, 09:02:51 am »
+3

I would bet on there being fewer rapists among MTG players than among a random group of people.

It's not the guy himself, it's his glasses that are the serial rapist. Every day he walks on the streets, his glasses go and rape random strangers, no matter how much he tries to stop them.

hm, okay.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 13, 2016, 09:43:07 am »
+3

I wouldn't, if only because of the proportion of males among MTG players.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 13, 2016, 10:05:34 am »

No, the glasses are the stereotypical 'serial rapist' glasses, so named because a few creepy rapists so happened to wear them. They're an ugly 80s look. You know, something like this:

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #779 on: April 13, 2016, 10:16:17 am »
+1

I would, if only because of the proportion of people from first-world countries among MTG players.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: April 13, 2016, 10:40:21 am »

Probably a long shot, but does anyone here read Arabic or Persian-Farsi fluently?
A man has no signature

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #781 on: April 13, 2016, 10:54:28 am »

Probably a long shot, but does anyone here read Arabic or Persian-Farsi fluently?

I still recognize certain Arabic phrases (such as a request to join my team or a reference to my mother's vagina) when non-Unicode Arabic characters are displayed on a Finnish system (i.e. when they look something like this: π˜M‚ιŽ–‚ΕŒψ‰Κ) from back when I played the retail version of Conquer Online, which is highly popular among Egyptian people. Is that close enough?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 13, 2016, 11:02:19 am »

Hm, good point. I didn't think about male/female. I'll retract that statement to a random group with the same male/female ratio.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 13, 2016, 11:03:15 am »

I still recognize certain Arabic phrases (such as a request to join my team or a reference to my mother's vagina) when non-Unicode Arabic characters are displayed on a Finnish system (i.e. when they look something like this: π˜M‚ιŽ–‚ΕŒψ‰Κ) from back when I played the retail version of Conquer Online, which is highly popular among Egyptian people. Is that close enough?

Well, admittedly better than my understanding, but regrettably not.
A man has no signature

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 13, 2016, 01:22:57 pm »

Basically everything I know about MTG communities, nerd spaces in general, rape culture, and misogyny would disagree with this. Obviously I can't make a rigorous, provable argument for the opposite, but MTG play groups can be pretty toxic spaces for non-men.

I guess there's a chance that more people would be okay with rape in these communities, but less would be bothered to actually go out and be rapists.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 13, 2016, 01:46:05 pm »

Basically everything I know about MTG communities, nerd spaces in general, rape culture, and misogyny would disagree with this. Obviously I can't make a rigorous, provable argument for the opposite, but MTG play groups can be pretty toxic spaces for non-men.

I guess there's a chance that more people would be okay with rape in these communities, but less would be bothered to actually go out and be rapists.

I can't imagine those people would be 'okay' with rape as much as it is a jealousy and entitlement about not getting 'some pussy' or something like that. The worst of nerd culture (as you refer to) seems to be a bunch of immature beta, alpha wannabe twats, of the whiny 12 year old CoD variety, but that's a bit stereotypical, and too dismissive of me to really accept myself as an answer. And well, there are a number of more things to ask or discuss which I wrote down, and then well, this is sort of an RSP topic, so I deleted it all. :p

Back to your regularly scheduled programming?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 01:51:58 pm by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 13, 2016, 02:07:13 pm »

Hm, interesting.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 13, 2016, 02:14:01 pm »

I don't myself, but two of my flatmates speak each of them as first or second languages. May they be of help?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #788 on: April 13, 2016, 02:21:16 pm »

I find it extremely difficult to believe that there exists anyone who plays MTG and is "okay with rape". People from first-world country cultures don't commit rape because they generally think rape is okay, they do it mostly because they're drunk.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 13, 2016, 02:22:36 pm »

People from first-world country cultures don't commit rape because they generally think rape is okay, they do it mostly because they're drunk.

I really don't know about that.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 13, 2016, 02:35:30 pm »

People from first-world country cultures don't commit rape because they generally think rape is okay, they do it mostly because they're drunk.

You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Chris is me

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 13, 2016, 02:39:54 pm »
+2

Relatively few (but a nontrivial number) of people think rape is okay. Many, many people don't think of what they are doing as rape.

I have been drunk many times and I've never wanted to rape anybody. I honestly just do not understand how being drunk makes people who are otherwise moral upstanding citizens okay with rape. I don't believe it.

bug me on discord

they/them

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 13, 2016, 02:42:01 pm »
+1

Relatively few (but a nontrivial number) of people think rape is okay. Many, many people don't think of what they are doing as rape.

I have been drunk many times and I've never wanted to rape anybody. I honestly just do not understand how being drunk makes people who are otherwise moral upstanding citizens okay with rape. I don't believe it.
I think this line of conversation should probably be in RSP.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #793 on: April 13, 2016, 02:43:04 pm »
+2

Well, then it's a good thing that I really do.

Source: http://www.vawnet.org/applied-research-papers/print-document.php?doc_id=1586

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 13, 2016, 02:44:28 pm »
+1

I don't know anybody who thinks rape is okay. If people did think it's fine and dandy, why is there a law against it, and why is everyone so opposed to rape as a concept? I never see any rape advocates.

Chris is me

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: April 13, 2016, 02:46:39 pm »

Yeah sorry about the tangent. I'd prefer just dropping the topic to making an RSP thread about it though.

bug me on discord

they/them

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 13, 2016, 02:55:01 pm »

Yeah sorry about the tangent. I'd prefer just dropping the topic to making an RSP thread about it though.

I thought you said dropping the mic for a second.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 13, 2016, 03:05:23 pm »
+2

There's a college-age female on the train reading a beat up copy of Pride and Prejudice.  Is there possibly a more clichιd image in all the world?

A middle-aged slightly-overweight dude in a football jersey, beer in one hand, remote in the other, watching football.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #798 on: April 13, 2016, 03:08:21 pm »
+2

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=15166.0

People who wish to drop the topic can feel free to do so.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 13, 2016, 03:09:12 pm »
+1

A group of teenagers at a convention who think CAH is edgy and original.

An idiot American trying to get a rise out of the guards at Buckingham Palace.

A frat bro with a beer bong.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.