Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 123  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part III  (Read 650442 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part III
« Reply #425 on: March 08, 2016, 03:31:15 pm »

I'm thinking about getting either Dark Souls 3 when it comes out or Street Fighter V. Which should I get? F.DS DECIDES!
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #426 on: March 08, 2016, 03:32:08 pm »
+1

I'm thinking about getting either Dark Souls 3 when it comes out or Street Fighter V. Which should I get? F.DS DECIDES!

Dark Souls 3 because unlike the latter, it's probably good.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3189
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 08, 2016, 05:03:45 pm »

Dark Souls 3.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 08, 2016, 05:06:27 pm »

5 > 3

Street fighter
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 08, 2016, 05:08:42 pm »
+4

5 > 3

Street fighter

Might you go so far as to say 5 <3?

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #430 on: March 08, 2016, 05:09:38 pm »

Going to assume by the fact that you are even asking this question, you are new to Souls? I will say Dark Souls 3, but with the preface that you should play the previous Souls games (including Demon's Souls) and Bloodborne first if you haven't, as DS3 has many references to those games, and they're all great and well worth your time anyway. (You can skip Dark Souls 2 if you don't have time for it; it was made by a different team/director and typically seen as not quite up to the same quality, which I personally agree with) At the very least, you should play Dark Souls 1. I can't comment on SF because I haven't played one of those since SFII, but I would have to imagine if you wait on it you could get a better deal when the turbo ultra deluxe pony edition comes out.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 08, 2016, 05:39:32 pm »

Going to assume by the fact that you are even asking this question, you are new to Souls? I will say Dark Souls 3, but with the preface that you should play the previous Souls games (including Demon's Souls) and Bloodborne first if you haven't, as DS3 has many references to those games, and they're all great and well worth your time anyway. (You can skip Dark Souls 2 if you don't have time for it; it was made by a different team/director and typically seen as not quite up to the same quality, which I personally agree with) At the very least, you should play Dark Souls 1. I can't comment on SF because I haven't played one of those since SFII, but I would have to imagine if you wait on it you could get a better deal when the turbo ultra deluxe pony edition comes out.

I've played Bloodborne.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 08, 2016, 06:27:59 pm »

as someone who has very little good to say about SF4 or marvel vs. capcom 3, i've been pleasantly surprised with SF5 thus far.  capcom actually followed through on the "back to basics" approach here, whereas SF4 ended up being a weird jumble of classic SF and guilty gear/blazblue style gameflow.  this is from the perspective of somebody who's played in tournaments since 2001, mind you.

if you aren't the kind of person who drives 3 hours and pays money to press buttons next to dudes who haven't showered in 2 days, i strongly recommend waiting on SF5.  the launch has been a disaster with the majority audience, as the game offers nothing to do besides play story mode and get bodied online.  they're going to add more modes & features at some point in the future, so that would likely be the point you want to jump in.  plenty more characters will be out by then too.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 09, 2016, 02:33:57 am »

I'm not that good when it comes to fighting games. But I've had a blast with SFV. I've played some online games with random people and enjoyed those. But mainly I've played with a  friend who is much better than me. But I've still had a great time with it. The Souls series is great, though. I would say go for that. Unless you have friends you enjoy playing fighting games with.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 09, 2016, 03:40:02 pm »
+3

Yay, new iPhone 7 coming out and guess what, there's no headphone jack. You'll have to connect Apple approved Bluetooth wireless headphones if you want to listen to your music now. Another $100. I like Apple products, but I'm getting really sick of this blatant rip-off. I don't care if the phone is thinner. If anything, I want it bigger, so at least the battery life is better.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: March 09, 2016, 03:53:29 pm »
+1

5 > 3

Street fighter

Might you go so far as to say 5 <3?
How am I the first +1?

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 09, 2016, 04:04:31 pm »
+3

Too many math purists
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #437 on: March 10, 2016, 12:59:29 am »
+3

Yay, new iPhone 7 coming out and guess what, there's no headphone jack. You'll have to connect Apple approved Bluetooth wireless headphones if you want to listen to your music now. Another $100. I like Apple products, but I'm getting really sick of this blatant rip-off. I don't care if the phone is thinner. If anything, I want it bigger, so at least the battery life is better.

This is why I dislike Apple. I'm not really a big fan of their products, but I'll admit that they make some quality stuff. But the fact that they make the only hardware that runs their software means that they can pull stuff like this, forcing you to buy extra equipment if you want to use their software at all. If a manufacturer for hardware that runs Android, Windows, or whatever software competing with Apple tried this, they would lose business. But that's just me, no hard feelings towards anyone who likes Apple.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #438 on: March 10, 2016, 01:16:10 am »
+2

This is why I dislike Apple. I'm not really a big fan of their products, but I'll admit that they make some quality stuff. But the fact that they make the only hardware that runs their software means that they can pull stuff like this, forcing you to buy extra equipment if you want to use their software at all. If a manufacturer for hardware that runs Android, Windows, or whatever software competing with Apple tried this, they would lose business. But that's just me, no hard feelings towards anyone who likes Apple.

That's actually the only merit of Apple products for me. You don't have to worry about compatibility when they're the ones making everything you use.

Although obviously, it is not enough of a merit to compensate for the fact that you have to pay 1.5-2 times (or even more in some cases) the price for hardware with similar specs and then it comes with an OS which is far less versatile and customizable than, say, Windows.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 10, 2016, 04:45:01 am »

That's actually the only merit of Apple products for me. You don't have to worry about compatibility when they're the ones making everything you use.

Although obviously, it is not enough of a merit to compensate for the fact that you have to pay 1.5-2 times (or even more in some cases) the price for hardware with similar specs and then it comes with an OS which is far less versatile and customizable than, say, Windows.

That may be true, but I'd say Windows is significantly more annoying to do anything in once you get used to the Unix way of doing things. A lot more things "just work" on OSX.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 10, 2016, 10:39:35 am »
+4

That may be true, but I'd say Windows is significantly more annoying to do anything in once you get used to the Unix way of doing things. A lot more things "just work" on OSX.
I would say that osx is significantly more annoying once you're used to windows too.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 10, 2016, 10:43:19 am »

I would say that osx is significantly more annoying once you're used to windows too.

The same is true with the opposite to some degree, at least for me.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 10, 2016, 11:21:27 am »
+1

The same is true with the opposite to some degree, at least for me.

But the opposite of the opposite of the opposite is also true.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 10, 2016, 11:31:41 am »

The nearby barcade has a deal on Fridays where the first 100 people get 20 free tokens. They normally open at 3, and I get off work at 3. It's perfect. This month, they're opening at 11 because of a basketball thing.

Now I have to decide if I want to take a lunch break at 11 to go get tokens. They serve pizza, so I could actually eat there. It's actually not bad.
A man has no signature

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 10, 2016, 11:45:36 am »
+1

The nearby barcade has a deal on Fridays where the first 100 people get 20 free tokens. They normally open at 3, and I get off work at 3. It's perfect. This month, they're opening at 11 because of a basketball thing.

Now I have to decide if I want to take a lunch break at 11 to go get tokens. They serve pizza, so I could actually eat there. It's actually not bad.

I think you've already decided.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #445 on: March 10, 2016, 04:01:10 pm »

Well, highly customizable systems are inherently more annoying once you get used to a system that doesn't expect you to spend a lot of time and effort customizing things.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 10, 2016, 04:19:59 pm »
+5

Having gone from Windows to Mac and back again, I think both are fine but one of them is about ten times more expensive for no particularly good reason, so...
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 10, 2016, 07:14:18 pm »

Well, highly customizable systems are inherently more annoying once you get used to a system that doesn't expect you to spend a lot of time and effort customizing things.

Okay, I should probably clarify this: when I said annoying, I meant for programming. Unix is a highly customizable system, arguably more customizable than Windows, and I prefer it over Windows when it comes to programming. I also favor OSX over Windows for programming, because it's basically Unix at the end. For everything else, I prefer Windows.

A lot of libraries are designed for Linux/OSX first and Windows second, and trying to get them to work on Windows can be a nightmare. My current setup is an unholy mess of Windows as the OS, Cygwin on top to replicate the Unix command line, and a Debian virtual machine for anything I can't get working on Windows.

Highly customizable systems don't have to be more annoying if their system defaults are good enough for your needs. Both Windows and OSX are 95% good enough, and the remaining 5% isn't worth the cost for me.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 10, 2016, 07:17:55 pm »

Linux>windows>mac
This is both in usefulness and price.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 10, 2016, 07:32:34 pm »

I dunno, Windows is a pile of crap.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.