Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 123  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part III  (Read 650697 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part III
« Reply #400 on: March 01, 2016, 05:09:32 pm »

Exactly the video I was thinking of, Kirian.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 01, 2016, 11:31:41 pm »
+5

We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 02, 2016, 05:35:19 pm »
+2

Maybe delete that? no, thank you.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 02, 2016, 06:06:35 pm »

Maybe delete that? no, thank you.

Funny because I just deleted it about an hour ago.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 04, 2016, 02:19:28 am »
+10

Yesterday while I was on duty at lunchtime, we spotted a large group of year 11's (15-16 year olds) - perhaps about 10 of them - head behind one of the buildings where there's a small grassy bank. There's nothing around the back there, and it's a camera blind spot, so we figured that there was definitely something going on. Almost certainly cigarettes, alcohol or worse. I was in a 1st floor room and stayed there while 1-2 others in the room went down to check what was going on.

We saw them, and a few other teachers who had spotted the kids, go around the back there and tell all the kids to come out, stopping them and asking what was going on. Some just ran (bad idea, since everyone knows their names anyway), most looked guilty. One teacher looped around to the other side to stop them escaping that way. That teacher managed to find exactly what it was they were doing around there.

He came back from the other side carrying three full boxes of take away pizza. They had literally just smuggled... pizza... into school. It's still against the rules, so it was taken off them.

It was a very surreal experience. Definitely not what I expected to happen.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: March 04, 2016, 08:58:55 am »

Yesterday while I was on duty at lunchtime, we spotted a large group of year 11's (15-16 year olds) - perhaps about 10 of them - head behind one of the buildings where there's a small grassy bank. There's nothing around the back there, and it's a camera blind spot, so we figured that there was definitely something going on. Almost certainly cigarettes, alcohol or worse. I was in a 1st floor room and stayed there while 1-2 others in the room went down to check what was going on.

We saw them, and a few other teachers who had spotted the kids, go around the back there and tell all the kids to come out, stopping them and asking what was going on. Some just ran (bad idea, since everyone knows their names anyway), most looked guilty. One teacher looped around to the other side to stop them escaping that way. That teacher managed to find exactly what it was they were doing around there.

He came back from the other side carrying three full boxes of take away pizza. They had literally just smuggled... pizza... into school. It's still against the rules, so it was taken off them.

I am not smart enough to smuggle illegal pizza into my school. Can you give me tips from those people?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12849
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #406 on: March 04, 2016, 09:30:42 am »
+6

I am not smart enough to smuggle illegal pizza into my school. Can you give me tips from those people?

Why do you want tips from people who got caught?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 04, 2016, 10:14:08 am »
+1

Why are there rules that forbid this?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 04, 2016, 02:01:47 pm »
+2

They didn't bring enough for the whole class.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 04, 2016, 03:23:25 pm »

1) having food delivered:
a) there are unknown adults on campus
b) is disruptive
2) students aren't often allowed to go off campus during school hours for safety/liability reasons

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 04, 2016, 03:32:34 pm »

They could smuggle drugs in the pizzas!

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 04, 2016, 05:26:46 pm »
+1

There's no rules specifically forbidding pizza, but there's various rules they were breaking. For instance 1) They were eating in an area that wasn't a designated eating area; 2) They were in an area they aren't allowed to go during the school day (I know this kind of implies point 1 but the entire area around there is not an eating area), 3) It would require a delivery onto the site in some form, which is just bad in a bunch of ways (all visitors should sign in, nobody should be visiting a pupil without permission anyway, etc.).

Plus it gets even more silly when you consider the canteen sells pizza anyway, at probably a similar price per slice and similar quality.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 05, 2016, 07:18:09 pm »

I have a Dominion question that does not deserve its own thread: Is the artwork in Dominion painted or is the artwork made on a computer?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #413 on: March 05, 2016, 07:19:07 pm »
+5

I have a Dominion question that does not deserve its own thread: Is the artwork in Dominion painted or is the artwork made on a computer?

Yes.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 05, 2016, 09:42:57 pm »
+1

The cards are made by tons of different artists. Most are probably digital, but for sure some are physical mediums.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 05, 2016, 10:39:15 pm »

Follow up question:
What are some types of merchants (spice merchants, for example)?
What are some types of mongers (ironmongers, fishmongers, deathmongers, etc)?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 05, 2016, 11:32:24 pm »
+3

Follow up question:
I'll offer up Ismail Merchant and Squallmonger.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 05, 2016, 11:40:02 pm »
+3

Follow up question:
How did Awaclus manage to figure out Donald's forum password?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #418 on: March 06, 2016, 04:40:58 am »

Follow up question:
How did Awaclus manage to figure out Donald's forum password?

In reality, it's just Wandering Winder who has figured out everyone's password.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 07, 2016, 06:14:17 pm »
+2

Guitar Hero Live is pretty fun. I highly recommend not buying it.

I'm disappointed nobody bothered to comment on this weird statement. Since nobody has and it's been almost a month, I'm just going to explain. The game is fun, but the component quality is awful. I've had two guitars, with a total of three crippling defects between them. As in, defects that make the game effectively unplayable and need either fixing or replacing. My co-worked who had the game before me had 1 out of 2 guitars being defective. That's a small sample size, but it's averaging one defect per guitar. Then there's the issue of the game itself. It just doesn't give you a nice calibration option any more. The current calibration system is much harder to get right, and seems to drift between play sessions as well - one day it seems fine, the next every note is registered early.

It's a fun game, and makes for an interesting new Guitar Hero experience, but man, just don't bother. It's too much hassle.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 07, 2016, 08:17:09 pm »

I'm disappointed nobody bothered to comment on this weird statement. Since nobody has and it's been almost a month, I'm just going to explain. The game is fun, but the component quality is awful. I've had two guitars, with a total of three crippling defects between them. As in, defects that make the game effectively unplayable and need either fixing or replacing. My co-worked who had the game before me had 1 out of 2 guitars being defective. That's a small sample size, but it's averaging one defect per guitar. Then there's the issue of the game itself. It just doesn't give you a nice calibration option any more. The current calibration system is much harder to get right, and seems to drift between play sessions as well - one day it seems fine, the next every note is registered early.

It's a fun game, and makes for an interesting new Guitar Hero experience, but man, just don't bother. It's too much hassle.

Didn't Mad Catz exclusively make those Guitars in some big deal they made with whoever developed Guitar Hero? If so, that would be why. Mad Catz is crap. When I first got a GameCube, I had a Mad Catz controller. Whenever I plugged it in, the GameCube would stop working within 3 minutes. I thought my GameCube was broken, it was so bizarre.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 07, 2016, 09:15:32 pm »

You know, I feel like Guitar Hero 6 was the best Guitar Hero/Rock Band game I played (which includes Guitar Hero 1-3+Metallica and Rock Band 1-2+Beatles). They mastered the formula and worked out the kinks with all the experience they got making GH games, at least for guitar. Plus it has that sweet PSN connection for any DLC you want (plus importing from previous games).

Sadly, it came out when no one cared for the franchise anymore. I see it as sort of an apology game for flooding the market.

Now this new Guitar Hero Live is out. I'm unimpressed with the setlist

I am sad to hear about the defective Guitars. My guitar could use replacing. Or I could just play Rocksmith. Rocksmith is good fun.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 09:17:01 pm by markusin »

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 08, 2016, 02:36:17 am »

I feel like the gameplay in GHL is great. Having something like 200+ songs available for free is great, and I like the new guitar layout, makes things interesting. But there's just so many issues with it as well.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 08, 2016, 11:00:52 am »

I feel like the gameplay in GHL is great. Having something like 200+ songs available for free is great, and I like the new guitar layout, makes things interesting. But there's just so many issues with it as well.

Ooh I didn't notice the Guitar Hero TV feature. That sounds pretty sweet actually. Sadly I do not have a PS4/Xbox One.

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 08, 2016, 02:54:18 pm »
+1

it's still really funny to me that madcatz of all companies came out with the best arcade joysticks for fighting games.  i knew their stuff was crap before that, and i still hear nonstop how everything of theirs is crap besides the sticks.

their main fighting-game guy just left the company though, he was the one who set up the daigo vs. lupe fiasco match in SF5 if anyone knows about that.  so we'll see if that stuff suffers the same fate as the rest...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.