Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 123  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part III  (Read 650512 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3190
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part III
« Reply #725 on: April 01, 2016, 03:28:20 pm »

Not! April fooolss  ;D  ;D ;D ;D ;D

it's my birthday today!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 01, 2016, 03:32:21 pm »
+2

We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 01, 2016, 04:07:08 pm »

Where is the classic 'remove the restriction from forum games for overall posts' thing that theory does today? Totally slacking on the job.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 01, 2016, 04:16:17 pm »

Where is the classic 'remove the restriction from forum games for overall posts' thing that theory does today? Totally slacking on the job.

Seems like a really tame April Fools' Day in general. I can't even find any new "leaked" Pokémon from Sun and Moon.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 01, 2016, 04:39:53 pm »

Seems like a really tame April Fools' Day in general. I can't even find any new "leaked" Pokémon from Sun and Moon.

It's TrumpGrounds on Newgrounds today, it's pretty hilarious.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #730 on: April 01, 2016, 05:02:21 pm »

The gmail mic drop joke was brilliant though.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 02, 2016, 07:30:13 pm »

Not! April fooolss  ;D  ;D ;D ;D ;D

it's my birthday today!
Happy Spawnday!

This deserves more likes than it currently has.
A man has no signature

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 03, 2016, 03:12:19 am »

I was very tempted to ask theory if he'd mock ban me for something on April Fools day, but I think that joke has been done before anyway. Still could have been funny I guess?

I can't ban you, can I just mock you instead?
Everyone else in the world does.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 05, 2016, 04:38:07 pm »
+1

I'm seriously considering getting a New 3DS (XL), despite already having an original 3DS. I pretty much never get mid-generation console upgrades but there's a few reasons I'm considering it.

1) Hyrule Warriors Legends sounds really fun, despite having played through the original on Wii U. It sounds like it fixes a lot of that games issues and it'll be nice to have a somewhat low-thought-required game to play on the bus to/from work every day, which will last a long time. And while this isn't a version exclusive, it apparently runs badly on only 3DS's but runs well on N3DS.

2) My current 3DS is beginning to get wear and tear. It's had many hundreds of hours of use - perhaps even many thousands, so this doesn't surprise me too much. The circle pad's rubber is more than half worn away, it won't be long until it's completely broken off (still comfy enough to use though). The console has dirt in pretty much every corner that I can't quite wash out. The top screen has two vertical lines of scratches/dug in dirt from where the bottom screen meets it. The earphone jack is a little bit loose, causing slight crackling sounds when it's knocked lightly or adjusted. The stylus holder is very loose, leading to the stylus having almost been lost on multiple occasions (although I do have spares, of course). Getting a shiny new replacement would be really nice.

3) Better technology inside. I like the idea of the head tracking 3D (although I should look in to how good people feel it is), and having bigger screens sounds nice as well. Plus I believe it generally loads faster, and there's a few games which take advantage of the extra buttons.

However there's a few downsides I need to consider, of course.

1) Cost. I've looked in a few places, and I might be able to get it cheaper, but typically it looks like around Ł135ish for an N3DS and Ł165 for an N3DS XL. That's a lot of money on other potential things.

2) No currently true exclusive games I want. Xenoblade Chronicles is pretty much the best game ever, but I already have the original and the Wii U VC version, and man, I don't need a third. And HW:L can still run on an old 3DS, even if it's at reduced quality.

3) The large size has a drawback itself in that I can no longer keep it in my pocket. Normally nowadays I put my 3DS in my bag, but it's nice when e.g. getting on a bus or in a queue for something being able to slide it in my pocket when I need my hands free and getting it back out again. Maybe it'll still fit in some of my trouser pockets, but certainly not all of them like the 3DS does.

Anyone - especially those who have the N3DS - have any opinions to share that might help me make the decision?
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 05, 2016, 05:10:22 pm »
+3

3) Better technology inside. I like the idea of the head tracking 3D (although I should look in to how good people feel it is), and having bigger screens sounds nice as well. Plus I believe it generally loads faster, and there's a few games which take advantage of the extra buttons.

The head-tracking 3D is amazing! It's not totally flawless, but it blows the original 3DS out of the water. Not too long after getting my original 3DS, I turned the 3D off unless I need it for gameplay. On the New 3DS XL, I keep it on all the time (unless I'm playing a 2D game, obviously).

Originally I was in the crowd that was very angry that the New 3DS (non-XL) wasn't coming to North America. But now that I have the XL, I'm not looking back. The bigger screens make a huge difference. And if you want to play any original DS games on the 3DS without them becoming a blurry mess, the XL is almost a must. It shrinks the games down to the size of the original 3DS screens, whereas the original 3DS shrinks them down to oblivion. Damn Nintendo and their screen ratios changing radically with every portable they release… They could really learn from Sony in that regard.

But I digress. If you play your 3DS a lot, I strongly recommend upgrading from the original to a 3DS XL. The one caveat is that we don't seem to play many of the same games, so I can't speak to how specific games will run.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: April 05, 2016, 05:19:18 pm »
+1

Thanks for the opinion, that's really helpful to know. I've just done a little digging, and while it seems a lot of professional reviews were slating HWL on old 3DS, a lot of people have said they were overly critical, and the game is fully playable - just with a sub-par framerate. So on the other hand, that's one of my reasons for upgrading maybe being less worthwhile. Hmm...
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 05, 2016, 05:27:17 pm »
+1

Well I don't think I have any games that are exclusive to the New 3DS. Wait that's not true, I downloaded Earthbound, and SNES games like that are exclusive to the New 3DS. Anyway, it's worth upgrading to the New 3DS XL independent of the better processor, is my point. The better 3D and larger screens are a godsend. Also I believe it has slightly better battery life.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 06, 2016, 06:21:27 pm »
+2

I did it. I've ordered an N3DS XL.

If I don't enjoy it, I'm blaming you, LastFootnote.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 06, 2016, 06:27:09 pm »

I did it. I've ordered an N3DS XL.

If I don't enjoy it, I'm blaming you, LastFootnote.

Fair enough.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 06, 2016, 06:42:39 pm »
+1

A man has no signature

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 06, 2016, 07:21:36 pm »
+3

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 07, 2016, 04:28:02 am »

Apparently, getting used to a new name takes some time. :S

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 07, 2016, 10:18:54 am »
+1

Apparently, getting used to a new name takes some time. :S

Do they Lekkit though?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 07, 2016, 11:52:30 am »

I missed the 3DS discussion a little, but on top of everything else, the biggest advantage is that the volume slider is not underneath your left hand anymore! No more accidentally spiking the volume up or down mid game. I am definitely happy with the upgrade, and it does sometimes still fit in my pockets.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 07, 2016, 12:15:34 pm »

#shamelessSelfPromotion

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 07, 2016, 02:36:26 pm »
+1

I missed the 3DS discussion a little, but on top of everything else, the biggest advantage is that the volume slider is not underneath your left hand anymore! No more accidentally spiking the volume up or down mid game. I am definitely happy with the upgrade, and it does sometimes still fit in my pockets.

Yep, I'm playing my N3DS now, and it can indeed still fit in my pocket, which is pretty nice. It's noticably heavier though, but that's to be expected I guess. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm currently playing Bravely Second, and whenever I transition to a menu or back out again I keep thinking, damn why does everything look so big. The 3D tracking is actually really good, better than I expected for sure. I did have to turn off auto brightness, that doesn't seem to work very well but otherwise, yeah, it's nice all around.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 07, 2016, 03:32:02 pm »

Yep, I'm playing my N3DS now, and it can indeed still fit in my pocket, which is pretty nice. It's noticably heavier though, but that's to be expected I guess. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm currently playing Bravely Second, and whenever I transition to a menu or back out again I keep thinking, damn why does everything look so big. The 3D tracking is actually really good, better than I expected for sure. I did have to turn off auto brightness, that doesn't seem to work very well but otherwise, yeah, it's nice all around.

Yes, I turned off auto-brightness a long time ago.

5: For playing on a bus/train in daylight
4: For playing on a bus/train when the sky is overcast
3: For playing indoors in normal light
2: For playing in relatively dim light
1: For playing in very dim light or darkness

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 08, 2016, 11:42:52 am »
+1

Many more:

http://imgur.com/gallery/tIwD5

Actually, I guess here is the source of them: http://parksandrings.tumblr.com/
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 04:00:59 pm by Witherweaver »

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 08, 2016, 03:56:14 pm »
+1

http://imgur.com/gallery/tIwD5

I don't get it.

The lines are from the NBC sitcom Parks and Recreation. The images are from the filmic adaptations of J.R.R. Tolkien's famous Lord of the Rings trilogy.

It is humorous because of the juxtaposition of silly, jokey-type dialogue on images from a grand epic story, though sometimes the humour also comes from the resemblance between the situations in those very different works.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.