Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 123  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part III  (Read 653332 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part III
« Reply #1700 on: September 17, 2016, 10:52:05 am »

I love the Talos Principle. The secrets are so well hidden. I did a little bit of cheating and looking up the locations of some of the Stars and how to get them because they're so absurdly hidden. But for the most part, it's been 99% me. World A is completely beaten so far.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: September 17, 2016, 10:53:08 am »

I've never played Portal. I guess I will one day.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: September 17, 2016, 11:04:10 am »
+3

Make that one day sooner rather than later.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: September 17, 2016, 12:35:53 pm »
+3

Make that one day sooner rather than later today.

FTFY
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: September 17, 2016, 01:04:54 pm »
+4

I'm really disappointed with Apple. Their new phone is awful. I will not be purchasing an Apple phone in the future. It's just obvious Android is better at this point. They're also dropping ports for their Macbook and making it impossible for me to upgrade my RAM or other components without buying an entirely new computer. I am furious. I absolutely love Apple's UI, but I'm not going to just bend over and take it up the ass for Apple. Nope, sorry. The next computer I get will be a Hackintosh or a PC.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: September 17, 2016, 01:10:04 pm »
+5

I'm really disappointed with Apple. I've been taking their Apple shaped dong up my butt for years telling myself I liked it and I am just now coming around to the idea that it has been terrible all along.

FTFY
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: September 17, 2016, 01:21:22 pm »
+3

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: September 17, 2016, 11:42:39 pm »
+2

Pros and cons of Twitter vs. Instagram?

I don't know that much about Instagram, but I was vastly underwhelmed by Twitter. I still don't see the big deal about it. One may accuse me of being too old to appreciate it. Maybe.

But as some people here already know, I do not encapsulate my thoughts into quick, short sentences. Perhaps that is a flaw of my style and I merely piss everyone off with prolix prose. I don't know.

In any case, I cannot limit myself to a mere 140 characters--even fewer when you retweet or reply or whatever it is that addresses another user before you make your tweet.

And what is the point of having a 140-character limit if you're just to post a link to a page that is much bigger anyway?

I've seen no reason to take Twitter seriously.
A man has no signature

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: September 18, 2016, 01:15:50 am »

I think twitter makes sense for celebrities who regularly put out live content

other than that ... I don't get share appeal either. corrected, I do think I get it.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: September 18, 2016, 02:58:52 am »

Portal and Portal 2 were great.  I think I have Talos Principle purchased but I haven't played it yet.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: September 18, 2016, 08:23:18 am »

Portal and Portal 2 were great.  I think I have Talos Principle purchased but I haven't played it yet.

You buy games and don't play them?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: September 18, 2016, 08:44:16 am »
+1

You buy games?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1712 on: September 18, 2016, 08:53:37 am »
+5

In any case, I cannot limit myself to a mere 140 characters

Problems of a hardcore MMORPG player.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: September 18, 2016, 01:50:23 pm »
+1

You buy games?

Yes, I don't steal the intellectual property of people who worked hard to create the games you enjoy. If you enjoy something, you really really should pay for it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: September 18, 2016, 02:18:12 pm »

You buy games?

Yes, I don't steal the intellectual property of people who worked hard to create the games you enjoy. If you enjoy something, you really really should pay for it.

any amount of money you spend on a game is an amount of money you don't spend on the charity of your choice instead. I don't think spending money on games is morally acceptable in most cases (if it can be avoided).

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: September 18, 2016, 02:26:04 pm »
+1

You buy games?

any amount of money you spend on a game is an amount of money you don't spend on the charity of your choice instead. I don't think spending money on games is morally acceptable in most cases (if it can be avoided).

With that logic, you can justify not paying for anything at all if you can get away with it. Go mooch your neighbor's WiFi, you'll save money that way.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: September 18, 2016, 02:26:27 pm »
+2

You buy games?

You should also probably stop spending money on Internet and phone and TV then, and donate that to charity too.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: September 18, 2016, 02:31:25 pm »

You buy games?

With that logic, you can justify not paying for anything at all if you can get away with it. Go mooch your neighbor's WiFi, you'll save money that way.

Yes. Unfortunately, the fact that the conclusion is hyper-uncomfortable does not make it any less true. To solve this problem, I advise applying it where it is easy, and not applying it where it is not. It might sound cheap, but it's better than not applying it at all. You can always work your way upwards.

You buy games?

You should also probably stop spending money on Internet and phone and TV then, and donate that to charity too.

Well, I have never spent money on TV, only once spent money on internet, and a total of roughly 25€ on my phone... so far. I'm trying.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: September 18, 2016, 02:32:43 pm »

You're a better man than I.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: September 18, 2016, 02:41:42 pm »
+1

Not as much as this makes it sound, probably. I'm great at not doing bad things, but not nearly as good at doing good things. You could have probably been more responsible according to my logic by being a lot more wasteful but having had a job for a few years and donating the salary (parallel to your education, I mean).

At least until now. I've just applied to teach private lessons in maths two days ago. Hope that works out!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: September 18, 2016, 02:51:28 pm »

Frankly, though, I do think that everytime you want to spend money on a movie or a game which you could get for free, you should instead get it for free and donate the same amount here or here. I'm sure others will disagree but I think it's a clear case. And it's something you can do with very little effort.

Alright. I'll stop preaching now and continue to err do things.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: September 18, 2016, 02:54:59 pm »
+5

Veering into RSP, but you could also pay those people that worked hard for your entertainment, and then let them decide whether they want to give their money to charity. They've earned that choice.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: September 18, 2016, 03:04:39 pm »
+1

Think of it this way, Silverspawn. You work hard at a burger joint, and your boss decides to take your paycheck and donate it to charity. Or maybe you're a hot hog vendor, and the guy who takes your hot dog promises to donate to charity instead of paying you. Regardless of whether it is a noble thing to give to charity or not (I stipulate it is actually not that useful for many reasons, regardless of the intentions of the giver), the point is that you worked for something, and you deserve what you get for working.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: September 18, 2016, 03:41:48 pm »

those are nice mental excuses you can make, but they don't work if you agree with the principle.

Veering into RSP, but you could also pay those people that worked hard for your entertainment, and then let them decide whether they want to give their money to charity. They've earned that choice.

that would work if you could assume that they all consequent utilitarians. I'd give that less than 1% of being true.

they won't be responsible with the money. it's up to you.

Think of it this way, silverspawn. You work hard at a burger joint, and your boss decides to take your paycheck and donate it to charity. Or maybe you're a hot hog vendor, and the guy who takes your hot dog promises to donate to charity instead of paying you. Regardless of whether it is a noble thing to give to charity or not (I stipulate it is actually not that useful for many reasons, regardless of the intentions of the giver), the point is that you worked for something, and you deserve what you get for working.

stating the obvious: he wouldn't get away with that and won't do it.

a premise of my moral is that only outcomes matter. If you value the concept of deserving something you can probably reach different conclusions. Although the family you'd give money to by using e.g. GiveDirectly would probably deserve it a lot more if you measure it by how much they work for how much they have.

(I stipulate it is actually not that useful for many reasons, regardless of the intentions of the giver)

That's another thing that's convenient to believe. In this case I can confidently say that it's not true - for the charities I linked. It depends on the charity.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1724 on: September 18, 2016, 03:54:07 pm »

You buy games?

The concept of intellectual property is BS. You can't own an abstract idea, and something that you can infinitely duplicate shouldn't have any value. I would pay for the time they spend working on the game, but most game developers choose to do that for free instead.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.