Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 123  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part III  (Read 654290 times)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part III
« Reply #1250 on: June 17, 2016, 01:36:16 pm »

So all the animals file two by two off the Ark, and Noah tells them to go forth and multiply.  Almost all the animals shuffle/stampede/slither/fly away, but a pair of snakes stays behind.

Noah comes to them and says, "Did you not hear?  Go forth and multiply!"

One of the snakes says, "But... we cannot multiply."

The other snake says, "We are adders."

Noah replies, "Ah, I can help you."  He goes into a nearby forest and returns with some dead and incredibly wet logs.  Then over the course of a day, he fashions the logs into a crude table, complete with benches.  Finally he takes the two adders and places them on the table.

"What shall we do now?" asks one of the snakes.

Noah says happily, "On a log table, even adders can multiply!"
I thought the ruling was that just because the operation results in a multiplication, it is not considered a multiplication?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: June 17, 2016, 01:52:50 pm »
+8

And on the previous topic:

Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: June 17, 2016, 02:42:01 pm »
+1

So I know that America is considered barbaric in this regard (but not as bad as the Middle East), but nearly all of us use toilet paper after defecating. I've seen some groundbreaking reports of water jets being implemented (not so groundbreaking to other nations I'm sure).

I approve this concept of blasting away the bits, but I wonder how can it be done without splashing water and fecal matter everywhere.

And then there's the matter of drying. This may be a current issue in other countries as well. Are you expected to slide your underwear over your sopping wet ass?

These things are important.
A man has no signature

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 17, 2016, 03:13:15 pm »

So I know that America is considered barbaric in this regard (but not as bad as the Middle East), but nearly all of us use toilet paper after defecating. I've seen some groundbreaking reports of water jets being implemented (not so groundbreaking to other nations I'm sure).

I approve this concept of blasting away the bits, but I wonder how can it be done without splashing water and fecal matter everywhere.

And then there's the matter of drying. This may be a current issue in other countries as well. Are you expected to slide your underwear over your sopping wet ass?

These things are important.

I do not know the answer to your questions, but have you tried just looking up "bidet" on the internet?

EDIT: I looked it up myself. Short story: bidets are meant to complement toilet paper, not replace it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:16:04 pm by LastFootnote »

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 17, 2016, 03:16:40 pm »

SUDGY IS BACK!!!!!!!
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 17, 2016, 05:21:27 pm »

SUDGY IS BACK!!!!!!!

I mentioned in the V/LA thread...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 18, 2016, 04:38:17 pm »

He's also within 200 respect of you too.

But it was me who surpassed him some time ago.

EDIT: The list (and a bunch of other lists) are here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?action=stats

Which I had to check recently after I was shocked to realize how big my total time online was, to make sure that at least some forum gamers still had a bigger amount than me.

This page is so much cooler when Theory lets forum games count.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 19, 2016, 04:21:20 pm »
+2

I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25711
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 20, 2016, 08:27:18 am »
+2

I recommend the acoustic version on The Adventure Club Sessions. Ah, youtube didn't let me down.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 20, 2016, 05:50:33 pm »

thanks babe

i don't know that i like it as much because you can hear what she's saying so much more clearly; "but i'm iiinnn so deeeep" is less charming than "butimeeeiinssooodjeeeeeppp"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:54:28 pm by schadd »
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: June 21, 2016, 12:13:07 pm »
+4

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 21, 2016, 01:05:18 pm »
+4

Maths lesson today: Year 7 mid ability lesson on fractions. They're basically going through the idea of reciprocals, that 1/x * x = 1 regardless of what number you use for x. After going through basic numbers, the teacher starts putting more exotic things in for x for a mix of fun and to test understanding. So he asks them what goes in the gap to complete 1/😊 * _ = 1, and what goes in the gap to complete 1/log25 * _ = 1.

Then he asks 1/4! * _ = 1, and the kid who gets picked just shouts "FOUR!" as the answer. Which yeah, we'll accept that.

Later in the lesson some comment was made about the number 9, and the teacher says something along the lines of "Yes, nine is generally equal to nine. ...Unless it's NINE of course. That's quite different." The kids laughed even though they probably didn't mostly get the joke. I sat there laughing and trying to maintain my composure.

All in all it was a fairly successful lesson. I mean reasonably at least.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 21, 2016, 01:57:20 pm »

"Yes, nine is generally equal to nine. ...Unless it's NINE of course. That's quite different." The kids laughed even though they probably didn't mostly get the joke. I sat there laughing and trying to maintain my composure.

Sadly I don’t get it. Is the upper-case stress supposed to indicate 9! or is there another notation I’m not picking up on?
A man has no signature

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 21, 2016, 02:31:10 pm »
+2

Is the upper-case stress supposed to indicate 9! ?

Nein!
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 21, 2016, 04:05:44 pm »
+3

"Yes, nine is generally equal to nine. ...Unless it's NINE of course. That's quite different." The kids laughed even though they probably didn't mostly get the joke. I sat there laughing and trying to maintain my composure.

Sadly I don’t get it. Is the upper-case stress supposed to indicate 9! or is there another notation I’m not picking up on?

I think the teacher shouted it the same way the student shouted "FOUR!"  Apparently shouting the number is the correct way of verbally indicating that you are taking the factorial of it.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 21, 2016, 04:44:54 pm »

I think the teacher shouted it the same way the student shouted "FOUR!"  Apparently shouting the number is the correct way of verbally indicating that you are taking the factorial of it.

I have a Maths degree. Can confirm.

Don't ask about indicating double Factorials in everyday speech.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 21, 2016, 04:48:28 pm »

They didn't have a problem with log25 ? If they don't know what factorial is I wouldn't expect them to know what logs are.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 21, 2016, 08:07:57 pm »
+1

I don't think they did know, but it didn't matter as long as they understand that whatever it is, 1/log25 * log25 = 1.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 21, 2016, 11:34:06 pm »
+4

Cyanide is being marketed as a healthy organic super food.

Apricot Kernels are one of the highest natural sources of a rare phytonutrient called amygdalin, also known as vitamin B17, an important nutrient which has largely disappeared from Western diets...

WARNING: Sweet apricot kernels contain amygdalin (Vitamin B17) which can cause symptoms of cyanide poisoning when eaten in excess. DO NOT EAT MORE THAN 8 SEEDS PER DAY. See a doctor immediately if you experience symptoms like nausea, fever, headache, or low blood pressure. Do not eat if you are pregnant or nursing. Not intended for children.

This food contains a nutrient also known as POISON.  Warning: the POISON may cause symptoms of poisoning!

juffowup

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 22, 2016, 02:08:46 am »
+1

I recommend the acoustic version on The Adventure Club Sessions. Ah, youtube didn't let me down.

Whoa, Donald X knows Adventure Club!  Did you used to live in DFW, or are you just so into the Cranberries you found a cd from a rad old radio show?  Or did Adventure Club get syndicated at some point?

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 22, 2016, 08:12:00 am »

Okay, then I did get it. When he wrote NINE instead of 9!, I felt like I missed another meaning. I just had a different expectation. The joke is still funny.

I suppose you could give someone an aneurysm by saying 10 – 4 = 3!
A man has no signature

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: June 22, 2016, 08:45:59 am »
+2

Casual 5$ dominion tournament at a local coffee shop today.

I'm merely speculating on what the rule and sets will be, but: crash course on 4p base Dominion please.  Is Thief good?
Why would you pay 5 dollars to play 4p base dominion?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 22, 2016, 11:47:51 am »

Whoa, Donald X knows Adventure Club!  Did you used to live in DFW, or are you just so into the Cranberries you found a cd from a rad old radio show?  Or did Adventure Club get syndicated at some point?
It's none of those things. I got the CD because I found out it existed (I think a record store had shelved it under one of the bands on it) and liked some of the bands on it (I did not know the Cranberries). It's a great CD; the alternate versions are mostly better than the originals, and there are a few good songs that are rare in any form. They said it was the start of a series, but I don't think there was ever another volume. On the strength of the CD, I would have listened to the show if it had been available.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 23, 2016, 11:29:27 am »

I tried not using an avatar for a day, because that is what everyone else does for some reason. I don't get the hype.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 23, 2016, 11:49:11 am »

I tried not using an avatar for a day, because that is what everyone else does for some reason. I don't get the hype.

Usually I don’t bother with an avatar because I don’t care enough to go through the steps.

Then I have to find a picture.

The only reason I chose an avatar here is because I was playing The Claw in a Cosmic Encounter game, and I thought it might help the players differentiate who I am.
A man has no signature
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 123  All

Page created in 1.289 seconds with 21 queries.