Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Combo: ridiculous card + scheme + outpost  (Read 5136 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1855
    • View Profile
Combo: ridiculous card + scheme + outpost
« on: January 15, 2012, 11:24:36 pm »
+3

the two candidates for ridiculous card are menagerie and scrying pool.

petrie911

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +109
    • View Profile
Re: Combo: ridiculous card + scheme + outpost
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 07:36:13 am »
+1

Scheme+Scrying Pool seems like a good combo on its own, as it cuts down on the number of Scrying Pools you need.  Outpost obviously helps with this.

As for Scheme+Outpost, Familiar is another good choice, and Minions should have no problem with the 3 card Outpost hand.

Wingnut

• Golem
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 11:17:58 am »

I would also consider Torturer for this. Even with no village, being able to play Torturer an extra time before an opponents turn can be really powerful.

rod-

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +49
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 12:03:43 pm »

I would also consider Torturer for this. Even with no village, being able to play Torturer an extra time before an opponents turn can be really powerful.
Without a village, you'll have problems making your outpost+torturer turn happen.
With villages is worth considering, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to fit the outpost buy in.

ackack

• Explorer
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 01:10:37 pm »

I would think that on a Scheme board you don't need quite as many Torturers and thus might be able to squeeze in an Outpost instead. However, I'm not sure how big an improvement it's likely to be. Substituting an Outpost for a Torturer still draws 3 cards, in some sense. If you've Schemed early in a turn then you're guaranteeing that you're drawing a Torturer in the next 3 cards. While there's that slight boost in efficiency, there's also a drag that comes from the Outposted Torturer having the possibility of drawing previously played Torturers dead, which wouldn't be possible if you substituted an extra Torturer for the Outpost. Basically, I'd be skeptical that this works that great unless you have multiple Schemes going. But I suspect it's hard to buy all the parts you need for this quickly on most boards. So it's an interesting idea but I doubt it really works.

While this is a useful employment of Scheme, I guess I'd say that a lot of the ideas presented here are spots where Outpost already has a very good chance of being useful, e.g. Minion decks and Pool decks. Thus Scheme makes what would be a good idea even better, but I don't think it's make or break.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 01:12:59 pm »

If there are no Villages, how do you expect to play both Torturer and Outpost in the same turn?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 01:34:36 pm »
+1

The single most ridiculous card to add to outpost/scheme has to be King's Court. Actually KC is just the most ridiculous card to add to scheme by it's lonesome.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 02:20:59 pm »
+2

Possession.  Hands down.  Your opponent will hate you forever.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

jomini

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +766
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 03:09:14 pm »

Other options-

Insane combo potential:
Governor, Hunting party, Minion, Golem

Governor gives you good odds of hitting your combos, HP is weaker, but worse case, you buy another HP. Minion is a 4 card hand, made better if you have some non-terminals. Golem is, of course, insanely effective if you have goodies like labs & more golems in the deck.

Situational:
Library, Watchtower, Jack

Each of these has pretty decent odds of hitting a province, or if you have high +action density any of these can start a chain off quite easily.

dark

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 03:46:38 pm »

[I'm new here so sorry if this is an inappropriate revive] I stumbled into this combo as a way of building a Tactician engine. It essentially gives an automatic province a turn and works with any one other terminal. Two poorly played examples:

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201206/18/game-20120618-123839-e5634442.html
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201206/18/game-20120618-123102-36a02d9a.html

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 07:14:08 pm »

Coolio.

What about Watchtower and Library?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.