Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Is this the only way to guarantee a province each turn for the rest of the game?  (Read 9093 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
+2

So...anyone know about any golden decks with Scout? I'm asking for a friend.

With the KC/Scavenger golden deck, having a Scout in your deck doesn't destroy your combo (if one of your Scavengers is Swindled into a Scout and you've already bought another Scavenger to replace the lost one).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5161
    • View Profile
+22

Inherited Schemes.

Deck: 5 Scout, 5 Estate, 4 Harem
Hand: 5 Scout

Use Scout to draw deck, play Estate-Schemes, buy Province, put Scouts back on top. 5 Scouts will draw 20 green cards, which means you can get 15 Provinces without choking.

EDIT: Can actually gain more Provinces, which means that in a given game, you could reduce the number of Scouts/Estates needed by 1 or 2 (in 2-player)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 07:42:33 am by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

aku_chi

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: aku chi
  • Respect: +1436
    • View Profile
+1

Cool.  Even a deck with 2 Scouts, 3 Estate-Schemes, and 4 Harems can get to 8 Provinces guaranteed.

Worst-case scenario with 7 Provinces in deck:

Hand: Scout, Scout, Estate, Province, Province
Play Estate, Draw Province
Play Scout, Reveal and Draw Province, Province, Province, Province
Play Scout, Reveal and Draw Harem, Harem, Harem, Harem
(if you had drawn Estates instead of Harems, you could play them to draw the remaining Harem(s))

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos

lol scout is so bad these golden decks dont evin work in a 6pgamewtf

I was so happy to see the Counterfeit/Mandarin thing -- that has never been talked about around here and is actually quite good. It's really sad that this post is going to get more +1s than that one.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile

Inherited Schemes.

Deck: 5 Scout, 5 Estate, 4 Harem
Hand: 5 Scout

Use Scout to draw deck, play Estate-Schemes, buy Province, put Scouts back on top. 5 Scouts will draw 20 green cards, which means you can get 15 Provinces without choking.

EDIT: Can actually gain more Provinces, which means that in a given game, you could reduce the number of Scouts/Estates needed by 1 or 2 (in 2-player)
This doesn't work if you have 4 Scouts on top of your deck; you will just reveal them, but you have to put them back.

Oh, I get it, you don't have 10 Scouts, you have 5. :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:34:48 am by Davio »

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

aku_chi

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: aku chi
  • Respect: +1436
    • View Profile
+1

I was so happy to see the Counterfeit/Mandarin thing -- that has never been talked about around here and is actually quite good.
It's pretty cool, but I find it hard to imagine that I would have a hand of Counterfeit and four Golds and not trash a Gold to get 2 Provinces.  I mean, at this point I must have built up quite a bit to get that hand.  I'm likely behind on Provinces.  Maybe I would go with the Mandarin combo in the face of consistent Rabble attacks.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos

I was so happy to see the Counterfeit/Mandarin thing -- that has never been talked about around here and is actually quite good.
It's pretty cool, but I find it hard to imagine that I would have a hand of Counterfeit and four Golds and not trash a Gold to get 2 Provinces.  I mean, at this point I must have built up quite a bit to get that hand.  I'm likely behind on Provinces.  Maybe I would go with the Mandarin combo in the face of consistent Rabble attacks.

With Mandarin/Horn decks, the objective is to get five particular cards in your hand as quickly as possible. Often it's faster to trash all of your other cards, including the rest of your economy, and just buy two or three terminal drawers -- it doesn't matter what you draw dead, it just matters that you line five cards up. If there's no trashing or draw, usually this kind of thing isn't viable since the payload is only one Province/Colony per turn and it will take too long to set up. The way you build up for this combo is much different because you don't have to worry about reliability, sustainability, the right components being available, etc. You just want five cards in your hand and you care about nothing else.

With Counterfeit, it's slightly tougher because you don't already start with one of the five pieces in your deck (Copper) and the pieces are more expensive. On the other hand, Counterfeit is more than enough trashing to get your business done for sure, it's super-easy to just stick two of them in the deck and it does help you buy those Golds (which you probably want more than four of, it's really nice that these cards all have the same name because it's much easier to draw all of the right ingredients).

Mandarin/Horn requires another kingdom treasure (that gives you at least $2 and isn't Relic or Contraband) to even work at all, and additional trashing/big draw to be competitive. Mandarin/Counterfeit really just needs something that draws cards to be competitive.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
+4

lol scout is so bad these golden decks dont evin work in a 6pgamewtf

I was so happy to see the Counterfeit/Mandarin thing -- that has never been talked about around here and is actually quite good. It's really sad that this post is going to get more +1s than that one.
Man, upvotes don't even matter. They're like likes on Facebook or Instagram.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile

No; you buy one province each turn until there are only 2-3 left, then get two. You aren't going to get two double-province turns, so this is optimal.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.395 seconds with 21 queries.