Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New Councilroom feature: card conditional winning stats  (Read 17379 times)

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
Re: New Councilroom feature: card conditional winning stats
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 01:00:49 am »

Thanks for the excellent bug report.

This commit is for you :)

https://github.com/rrenaud/dominionstats/commit/b9ed2dfcdfbb3905fae0b2b8dac47d0cf2d8af5d

I also fixed the spaces between commas problem.

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 07:05:21 pm »

I think the reason your previous code didn't work is because there's discrepancies between how the cards are numbered and actual alphabetical order.  Asking for conditionals for the set of all cards that give 0 or more actions (ie, all cards), shows a list that is somewhat alphabetical but there are differences and they're somewhat related to where there were issues before.  If there was an implicit assumption that the cards were numbered in alphabetical order, that would explain it.

If you get over 1000 results, it will be trimmed and "NaN" will appear in the "Delta Qual" column for all rows.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 07:12:03 pm by Razzishi »
Stop reading my signature.

rrenaud

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 11:03:18 pm »

I could definitely see >1k results screwing things up.  The server won't send back more than 1k stat objects, and then the client side quality delta code breaks.  Do you have any more concrete examples of the card combo stuff being broken?

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2012, 05:41:28 am »

I am a little confused by some of these results, but I can't tell if I'm just missing out on some awesome synergies here: Tournament and Sea Hag best with Pirate Ship?

Come to think of it, I can explain this.  Pirate Ship happens to be really high because whoever buys Pirate Ship loses extra hard against someone going Tournament/Sea Hag.  So that basically means, Tournament works best w/ Pirate Ship only because a bunch of bad people go Pirate Ship and they were going to lose anyway.  Maybe this is also why most of the Villages tend to show up on top of the delta Quality ratings column.

I wonder if there is some way to filter this out in the Quality ratings.

rrenaud

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 11:30:48 pm »

I thought about the "bad play" confounding problem in the data.

I guess there are two approaches:

Do skill normalization, so losses by the weak players count less.  This should offset the problem a bit, but not totally eliminate it.

Do a level based filtering, and hope (not a strategy!) good players don't screw up that badly, polluting the data.

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 12:44:40 am »

Skill normalization gets my vote. More accurate the better!
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 01:53:37 pm »

What about only using delta from the same deck IE The guy who wins with tournament probably didnt have a pirate ship in his deck and thus pirate ship doesnt get a boost from the tournament player winning with pirate ship on board?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

rrenaud

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 02:07:04 pm »

The deltas are just differences in quality.

I guess what you really want is conditions to be not based on the supply, but rather based on co-occurrence inside a single deck?

ecq

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 02:21:56 pm »

I guess what you really want is conditions to be not based on the supply, but rather based on co-occurrence inside a single deck?

I'd really like this.  Given two cards, A and B available in a kingdom, how have players historically fared buying both, just one, or neither?  If there's enough data, it'd be nice to be able to see it broken down by opponent purchases, too.  So, buying A against an opponent who buys B, or buying A + B against an opponent who buys only A.

It seems like that alleviates the confusing results theory mentioned before.  Just now I was looking for interactions between Philosopher's Stone and Ill-Gotten Gains.  The delta is near-0, but I realized that doesn't mean much because people rarely gain P. Stone when it's available.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 03:13:50 pm »

I'd really like this.  Given two cards, A and B available in a kingdom, how have players historically fared buying both, just one, or neither?  If there's enough data, it'd be nice to be able to see it broken down by opponent purchases, too.  So, buying A against an opponent who buys B, or buying A + B against an opponent who buys only A.

It seems like that alleviates the confusing results theory mentioned before.  Just now I was looking for interactions between Philosopher's Stone and Ill-Gotten Gains.  The delta is near-0, but I realized that doesn't mean much because people rarely gain P. Stone when it's available.

rrenaud: Yea that'd be pretty sweet. Sorry I didn't see your reply sooner

ecq:  I do also like the Opponent purchase idea too but could see that making some difficulties in the back end
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.