Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Relatively proud of this game (The power of Scheme)  (Read 1152 times)

Forge!!!

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +128
    • View Profile
Relatively proud of this game (The power of Scheme)
« on: January 15, 2012, 04:47:42 pm »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201201/15/game-20120115-134057-c6cafaac.html

I think this game showcases the marginal power of Scheme rather well, showing that you don't need to do anything fancy with it or get a ton of them, my 1 rather handily beat his 3. I use it with Remake to trim my deck and turn all my estates into silvers, and then with Envoy to turn all my silvers to provinces.

Critiques and everything are very welcome.

darkmage2011

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Relatively proud of this game (The power of Scheme)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 06:57:45 pm »

It's was an interesting game! I'm surprised that it was actually faster than Envoy Big Money. Impressive.

It seems obvious that Scheme is great for engine decks, so one can put key engine cards on the top of their deck for next turn, but it turns out that multiple Schemes work great with strong terminal actions as well. I lost a game to Mean Mr Mustard recently, where he would play a few Schemes, followed by Expanding an Upgrade to a Province, and top-decking the Expand and extraneous Schemes. What I like most about Scheme is that whether your deck is composed of an engine or several strong terminals, there is a place for a few Schemes.

Asklepios

• Duke
  • Respect: +117
    • View Profile
Re: Relatively proud of this game (The power of Scheme)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 07:52:59 am »

Not that his opponent played Envoy / BM... that woulda been much stronger!

As it was it looks to me as if Max K played somewhat weirdly, going for Farming Villages with his envoys with no +buys in sight.

And when he finally hit $7 on turn 9, rather than go gold, he went Governor.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 21 queries.