Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Building Materials card trio  (Read 1560 times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile
Building Materials card trio
« on: December 27, 2015, 03:09:39 am »

Here's three cards that go together for my Resurgence expansion.  Building Blocks is already listed as-is in my Resurgence thread without the Material subtype, but it's included in this trio.  For the other two, I decided I could split my 'Foundation' card idea into two separate cards (and the crowd cheers), but I want to make a special rule for this trio of cards to make there never be only one of them in a kingdom. Maybe "Whenever you play with a Building Material in the kingdom, add a second Building Material to the Kingdom as an extra kingdom card pile."  Clearly, they are designed to synergize with each other.

Building Blocks
Cost $2  - Treasure- Reaction- Material
Worth $1. When you play this, reveal the top card of your deck and discard it or put it back.
-
When you reveal this from your deck, you may put this into your hand. If you do, continue revealing cards as if you hadn't revealed this card.
You could think of it as a peddler variant.

Foundation
Cost 3  - Action - Reaction- Material
+1 Action. Reveal your top deck card. Discard it or put it back. +1 Card.
-
When this card is discarded besides during a clean-up phase, +1 card on your turn.
...and this one as a lab variant.

Mortar Repair
Cost 3  - Action - Material
Reveal your top deck card. Discard it, trash it, or put it back. If you trashed it, gain a card costing up to $3. Otherwise, +1 Action, +$1.
-
When this card is trashed, +$2 on your turn.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 03:14:27 am by LibraryAdventurer »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: Building Materials card trio
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 10:44:54 am »

Foundation; what does "+1 card on your turn" mean? Does it mean you only get a card if it is your turn? Or that you get the card on your next turn? It's not clear either way.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

ben_king

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: ben.king
  • formerly grsbmd
  • Respect: +612
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 11:46:45 am »

I think Foundation as it's written could have some infinite loop issues.  If you have no deck and someone plays an Urchin, you will continue discarding Foundation, then getting +1 card, discarding it again...

Maybe it could say that it's set aside and discarded at the start of your cleanup phase?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 12:08:21 pm »

I think Foundation as it's written could have some infinite loop issues.  If you have no deck and someone plays an Urchin, you will continue discarding Foundation, then getting +1 card, discarding it again...

Maybe it could say that it's set aside and discarded at the start of your cleanup phase?

I think that's why it says "in your turn". Just not clear wording. But I had the same concerns because there could be a card that allows you to play an attack out of turn.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 01:27:55 am »

I think that's why it says "in your turn". Just not clear wording. But I had the same concerns because there could be a card that allows you to play an attack out of turn.
You're right. That's why it says "on your turn". It's just my abbreviated way of saying "Draw now if it's your turn, otherwise draw one at the start of your next turn."  Is there a clearer but short way for me to say that?

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 01:52:15 am »

So your intention is to draw a card, but not on your opponents turn? Aside from a few discard attacks, why would you not simply say:

When you discard this other than during a Clean-up phase, you may reveal it. If you do, +1 Card.

I don't think infinitely cycling a single card matters, much like revealing a reaction. If it does, it needs a "set aside" clause.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 20 queries.