Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Merry Christmas and greetings  (Read 2311 times)

The_Tricksta

• Swindler
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas and greetings
« on: December 24, 2015, 04:26:35 pm »
+7

Hello and the such. I am a guy who likes Dominion to the point where you could probably already call me obsessed. Or something like that; my friends don't really like playing Dominion with me much anymore since I've got better at playing this card/board game. I discovered it about a year ago by one of my friends bringing the base game and some expansions along with him and then he of course wiped the floor with me. Guess who's laughing now!

I've already been lurking these forums for quite a bit actually. I got to know these forums by stumbling onto what is possibly the best thread to have ever been created. Why, I am talking about the meme thread Homage to the best card of course. And then I got to discover that this forum was actually about more than posting about edge cases and hypothetical situations. So, today on this very christmas eve I've been wondering, why haven't I registered and contributed my own quips and jokes yet? So here I am.

But for real though, seeing Donald X. post and tactics being discussed here does encourage someone to get to know all these little knacks and tricks there are in this game.

So yeah, I'll leave it at that for now. Enjoy your christmas food at home and be merry and the such!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 04:57:15 pm by The_Tricksta »

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas and greetings
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 08:11:30 pm »
+2

Join the league. It will help your obsession. Promise
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 08:54:05 pm »
+2

Welcome to F.DS! Join Forum Mafia, you totally won't waste your life playing! And join the Dominiom League too! And welcome!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

The_Tricksta

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 05:21:54 pm »

The mafia thing seems to be quite popular here and I am kind of confused about what it actually is.

The dominion league is something that I wanted to take a look at eventually by which I mean sign up for. Unfortunately this current season seems to last for quite a long time, so I'll have to just wait I guess.

I haven't mentioned it yet, but I am also interested in streaming myself playing Dominion as well. I've done that with a couple of other games already and would like to try it out again. I am just not sure whether people would watch a no-name do something like that though.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 05:56:28 pm »

The mafia thing seems to be quite popular here and I am kind of confused about what it actually is.

It's the party game Mafia, also known as Werewolf, as a forum game.

I am just not sure whether people would watch a no-name do something like that though.

Probably.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Infthitbox

• Explorer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 06:19:19 pm »

The dominion league is something that I wanted to take a look at eventually by which I mean sign up for. Unfortunately this current season seems to last for quite a long time, so I'll have to just wait I guess.

I haven't mentioned it yet, but I am also interested in streaming myself playing Dominion as well. I've done that with a couple of other games already and would like to try it out again. I am just not sure whether people would watch a no-name do something like that though.

I believe you were watching my stream the other night; there were other viewers (including some very strong players). I am a no-name.

If you post your stream in the thread for streams, people will come and watch it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 06:21:51 pm »

I believe you were watching my stream the other night; there were other viewers (including some very strong players). I am a no-name.

If you post your stream in the thread for streams, people will come and watch it.
I would if I could figure out how and if the time you played at suited me. Dominion with commentary is awesome. Dominion with commentary where you can make comments is out of this world!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

The_Tricksta

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 07:02:36 pm »

Yes, I did watch you play. It was certainly entertaining to see you debate which cards to get. :)

This is my twitch profile; I'll post about it in the streaming thread once I figure out a good time for myself. Then again a good part of the people frequenting this board seem to be American (which I am not unfortunately), so I guess I won't be going early to bed on that day. I don't know if I'll be able to do it tomorrow; I'll be playing Dominion in person with my IRL friends and we're going to play with Possession so the games are probably going to take a good while.

I would if I could figure out how and if the time you played at suited me. Dominion with commentary is awesome. Dominion with commentary where you can make comments is out of this world!
Oh, I definitely agree with you on that one. Seeing players like Stef going "Wait, why did I do that?" certainly makes some moments.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 21 queries.