- 3 (23.1%)
RMM25
- 2 (15.4%)
RMM28
- 4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: December 25, 2015, 11:11:31 am

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2015 Mafia Game of the Year: Voting  (Read 1458 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
2015 Mafia Game of the Year: Voting
« on: December 18, 2015, 11:10:39 am »

Mafia Game of the Year
Players, mods, and spectators should nominate the most memorable game from 2015, based on the player/spectator experience.  This award highlights and recognizes the overall best game held during 2015, and includes all aspects of a mafia game on f.ds.  When someone asks, "hey, what game should I reread to know if I should start playing mafia at f.ds?," this should be the first game that comes to mind.

The nominees are:

M55: Holiday Mafia by 2.7
M58: Flavorless Mafia by Teproc
M65: College Town Mafia by Archetype
M66: Paris Mafia by UmbrageOfSnow
RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia by faust
RMM28: Simply Simpler Simple Mafia by yuma
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
  • Respect: +609
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Mafia Game of the Year: Voting
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 11:27:03 pm »

If either the mod or players who played in this game could help out with the summaries for this that would be great. I don't think I can do them justice. If summaries are posted I will edit this post to include them here.

I will give a summary for RMM28 however:

A game in which everyone had a role made up of three parts. This game was strongly affected by the play of faust as the Traitor. In this role he was instrumental in unknowingly lynching his partners gkrieg and Xerxes. Also of importance was the role that the Serial Killer played as a cop, claiming an investigation result on WW, which town ignored throughout the game. Multiple nights had night actions resolutions that were extremely complicated and involved multiple levels of interaction. Town played well lynching correctly 3 out of the 6 lynches (gkrieg, Xerxes, WW) but not well enough to win. The game was ultimately won by faust claiming to be the mafia traitor to win the trust of WW within the thread.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 08:51:18 am »

M58 : Flavorless Mafia :

Using the WIFOM setup, this game is the tale of a town comeback. The first three days are triumphant for scum, with the vast majority of wagons being on town, 3 mislynches including one on a Watcher who had fakeclaimed VT (Awaclus), and scum in a generally commanding position through good use of night actions protecting themselves from a very astute Watcher (TA, the Universal Back-Up). faust (who was mafia) correctly identifies who holds the remaining PRs in town and acts accordingly, putting scum in a great position at lylo with a plan of Ichimaru Gin fakeclaiming Cop with a guilty result on his partner.

And then day 4 happens. It's lylo, Ichi fakeclaims cop, votes are flying around and faust sees an opportunity for a quickhammer on Hydrad (the real Cop) and goes for it, only needing one of his partners to show up in time. Ichimaru misses it by five minutes, but still votes, hoping for the third scum player Seprix to show up and seal the deal. Seprix shows up, doesn't see the quickhammer possibility, and it's all downhill from there. Town, lead by silverspawn, figures out that faust and Ichi were scum looking for a quickhammer and Seprix ends up PoEd thanks to good doctoring by XerxesPraelor.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 08:53:53 am by Teproc »
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 03:16:00 am »

M65: College Town -

This was a College-themed open, invented game. It introduced "Part-Time" roles (Doctor, Roleblocker, and Jailkeeper) which took target inputs from multiple players and the role would effect whichever player was named the most often. There were 3 Mafia and 9 Town players with only 2 Vanilla Townies. Despite a D1 Mafia lynch, the remaining two scum (Faust and XP) managed to avoid suspicion and win the game. While the night actions had no effect on the game's outcome, the idea of Part-Time roles seemed well received and is a mechanic/modifier I hope to see in other games in the future.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.