Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New Cards: Theatre and Inventor  (Read 1502 times)

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1683
    • View Profile
New Cards: Theatre and Inventor
« on: December 15, 2015, 04:46:33 pm »

We playtested these two cards a while ago, but I never got around to posting them for some reason.

Inventor:
+1 Card
+1 Action
+$1

When you gain this, put it and a card you have in play on top of your deck.
Cost: $5
Action

Theatre:
+2 Cards
+2 Actions

When you gain this, put your deck into your discard pile. You can't buy this unless you have at least 4 differently named cards in play.
Cost: $6
Action
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
Re: New Cards: Theatre and Inventor
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 05:17:11 pm »

Inventor:
+1 Card
+1 Action
+$1

When you gain this, put it and a card you have in play on top of your deck.
Cost: $5
Action
While it's tricky, I'm pretty sure this can create an infinite loop. I think it can be done with King's Court, Procession, Graverobber and Scrying Pool, although the details still need some work.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 05:39:24 pm »
+2

You just need 3xKC, 2xProcession, 2xGraverobber, and 6xInventor.  Some of those could be in your deck to start since you will draw.  It is very similar to a recently posted modification of feast that could trash a different action from play.

play:
King's Court 0:
    King's Court 1:
        Procession 1->  3xInventor (+6 cards, +6 Actions, +$6, gain 3 $5 cards, Trash 3 Inventor)
        Graverobber 1-> Gain 3xInventor on top of deck, also topdeck KC1, Proc1, and GR1 from play.
        King's Court 2:
            Procession 2-> 3xInventor (as above, plus draws the cards we topdecked)
            Graverobber 2-> Gain 3xInventor on top of deck, also topdeck KC2, Proc2, and GR2

Add +buy token somewhere for infinite buys and buy out the whole supply.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:54:23 pm by Deadlock39 »

GeneralRamos

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +104
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 06:11:27 pm »
+2

You just need 3xKC, 2xProcession, 2xGraverobber, and 6xInventor.
"Just" has never borne so much weight  ;).

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 06:27:06 pm »

You just need 3xKC, 2xProcession, 2xGraverobber, and 6xInventor.
Thanks for working that out. I remembered that the loop with KC/Proc/GR was almost enough for the loop, as long as there was a way to get one of the initial KCs back into your deck while still resolving it, but I couldn't remember the specifics.

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1683
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 06:34:11 pm »
+1

You just need 3xKC, 2xProcession, 2xGraverobber, and 6xInventor.  Some of those could be in your deck to start since you will draw.  It is very similar to a recently posted modification of feast that could trash a different action from play.

play:
King's Court 0:
    King's Court 1:
        Procession 1->  3xInventor (+6 cards, +6 Actions, +$6, gain 3 $5 cards, Trash 3 Inventor)
        Graverobber 1-> Gain 3xInventor on top of deck, also topdeck KC1, Proc1, and GR1 from play.
        King's Court 2:
            Procession 2-> 3xInventor (as above, plus draws the cards we topdecked)
            Graverobber 2-> Gain 3xInventor on top of deck, also topdeck KC2, Proc2, and GR2

Add +buy token somewhere for infinite buys and buy out the whole supply.

That's rare enough that I don't think it matters (once you have all of those cards, you've already won).
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.