Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  All

Author Topic: Waiting for Adventures On-line  (Read 70220 times)

Triumph44

• Salvager
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
Re: Waiting for Adventures On-line
« Reply #250 on: May 03, 2016, 11:57:41 am »

Just spent about 5 hours playing Adventures, first with only Base mixed in, then with other sets but with Adventures weighted heavier - got to see every new card but one, and almost all the Events as well.

Implementation seems surprisingly good.  The only thing I think is a real misstep is forcing you to keep track of how many cards you discarded with Artificer - I lost count and was too lazy to check the log, so instead of gaining a Province I discarded 7 cards and gained nothing.

It says right on the screen "X cards discarded so far"

Didn't notice that - I guess that appears between the Supply and where you play your cards?  I definitely noticed that for Storyteller but only after a few plays - Artificer didn't come up again, sadly.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 04, 2016, 01:01:03 pm »
+2

Just played my first Haunted Woods game. Boy, weird card. There's a lot of things I'm learning about Adventures by having the interface make me do things -- like even if I have more than one buy, after the very first buy I have to put my whole hand on top of my deck. Matters for things like Farmland -- very interesting!

Just to be clear, if Farmland is your first buy, you can still choose to use Farmland's on-buy effect before putting your hand on your deck.  The on-buy Remodel and the Haunted Woods top deck trigger at the same time, and the attacked player may choose what happens first.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 04, 2016, 01:06:05 pm »
+3

If you find bugs and want them to be fixed, posting them to the Makingfun forum increases the likelihood of them being fixed to a nonzero value.

mameluke

• Duke
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 04, 2016, 02:02:48 pm »

Just played my first Haunted Woods game. Boy, weird card. There's a lot of things I'm learning about Adventures by having the interface make me do things -- like even if I have more than one buy, after the very first buy I have to put my whole hand on top of my deck. Matters for things like Farmland -- very interesting!

Just to be clear, if Farmland is your first buy, you can still choose to use Farmland's on-buy effect before putting your hand on your deck.  The on-buy Remodel and the Haunted Woods top deck trigger at the same time, and the attacked player may choose what happens first.

Yeah, I realize that. But say, if you buy TWO Farmlands -- if, say, you had two Golds in hand and wanted to Remodel them into Provinces -- you won't be able to get the Remodel effect for the second one.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 04, 2016, 05:29:27 pm »

Yeah, I realize that. But say, if you buy TWO Farmlands -- if, say, you had two Golds in hand and wanted to Remodel them into Provinces -- you won't be able to get the Remodel effect for the second one.

Oh, yeah, but I thought that that was pretty clear from the text on Haunted Woods.

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1731
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #255 on: June 21, 2016, 06:29:23 pm »
+8

Now that the dust has somewhat settled with Adventures being released, and having a few dozen games of experience with it, I just wanted to remark on how great MF's implementation of Adventures has been.  Sure, it's not perfect (bugs, usability pains, etc.), but it works pretty well.  It's worth the 10 bucks, or whatever it was.  I am a software engineer myself, and I'll be the first to admit that smart programmers who are good people often come out with crappy products months after when people expected them to be released.  There are a million reasons for this (crappy managers, a toxic work environment, and bad programmers that built the product before you were there are the first things that come to mind, but that's neither here nor there).  So, shout out to the MF developers.  Thanks for a pretty good product that is worth the money.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:30:39 pm by Dingan »

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 21, 2016, 06:53:12 pm »
+1

The absolute worst thing about Making Fun's implementation is freaking Scheme when you have a zillion Action cards on screen. I cannot tell you how many times I misclicked what I wanted, picking the wrong card instead. In fact, the organization of cards in your hand is poor in general. Suppose I have 30 cards in my deck and I want to trash an Estate. I also have a Colony in my hand. How do I know which is which? In fact, this happened with vsiewnar a couple of days ago, and it was hilarious. Yes, you can see the card costs, but that is no excuse for poor interface.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 27, 2016, 08:33:11 am »
+2

The absolute worst thing about Making Fun's implementation is freaking Scheme when you have a zillion Action cards on screen. I cannot tell you how many times I misclicked what I wanted, picking the wrong card instead. In fact, the organization of cards in your hand is poor in general. Suppose I have 30 cards in my deck and I want to trash an Estate. I also have a Colony in my hand. How do I know which is which? In fact, this happened with vsiewnar a couple of days ago, and it was hilarious. Yes, you can see the card costs, but that is no excuse for poor interface.
Use the Dan brooks dragging method

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 27, 2016, 11:26:01 am »

Use the Dan brooks dragging method

Did he patent that? If so, I cannot use it.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 27, 2016, 12:52:26 pm »

i still don't get how the dragging works

Infthitbox

• Explorer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2016, 08:33:04 pm »
+2

click your mouse, hold it down, drag it around
if its not the card you want, put it down

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 28, 2016, 11:24:11 am »
+1

Then have it get selected on a seemingly random basis.

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1609
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 28, 2016, 11:40:25 am »

Then have it get selected on a seemingly random basis.

The "hitbox" on the card being in hand vs. play area when you release it is very poor (far too biased towards play area). As a workaround, look for a glowing border around the card when the client is going to play it. Lower it back down (farther) into the hand to prevent it from being played.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 28, 2016, 11:41:57 am »
+1

Schrödinger's hit box.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 28, 2016, 06:37:07 pm »

Schrödinger's hit box.

Do you put this hit box in a cat?

Infthitbox

• Explorer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 29, 2016, 09:55:49 am »
+7

The "hitbox" on the card being in hand vs. play area when you release it is very poor (far too biased towards play area). As a workaround, look for a glowing border around the card when the client is going to play it. Lower it back down (farther) into the hand to prevent it from being played.

In my experience, the hitbox is ...

very large.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.