Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11  All

Author Topic: Waiting for Adventures On-line  (Read 70224 times)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
Re: Waiting for Adventures On-line
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2016, 05:18:19 pm »
+5

I was certainly going to buy Adventures on MakingFun, despite losing it at the end of the year. But as the weeks tick by, that investment is looking less and less appealing.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1792
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2016, 06:16:45 pm »

I was certainly going to buy Adventures on MakingFun, despite losing it at the end of the year. But as the weeks tick by, that investment is looking less and less appealing.

MF should change their pricing for all sets now that they are losing the license. Selling people sets without clearly informing them that it's going away at the end of the year seems dishonest (they can add that you'll get a year free from the next licensee), and being clear about this would drastically reduce demand.

I posted to ask about this very question: http://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?8027-Update-ETA-on-Adventures&p=53764#post53764

Is there a plan to update the pricing of Adventures (or the other sets) to reflect the fact that the license expires at the end of 2016? The creators of the new implementation will give you previous purchases for a year for online play. Purchasing a set from Making Fun means mainly paying for the set through the end of 2016 when Making Fun loses the license. I like Adventures, but it would be a lot to pay like $15 for 6-7 months of use and a ~$2 discount compared to purchasing it monthly a la carte next year.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2016, 06:21:42 pm »
+2

MF should change their pricing for all sets now that they are losing the license.
MF cannot change their pricing now.

There was not supposed to be any pricing information revealed until the end of the year. There's nothing I can do about that now though.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1792
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2016, 07:25:16 pm »

MF cannot change their pricing now.

There was not supposed to be any pricing information revealed until the end of the year. There's nothing I can do about that now though.

I assume that it also wasn't supposed to be revealed until the end of the year that MF purchases will only carry over for the first year of the new online Dominion. But I think that revelation is good because it reduces the number of people who will unknowingly purchase sets from MF expecting a much longer time to use them than what they get. Someone unknowingly paying $100+ for all of the sets on MF in October would be terrible.

To the extent that MF isn't contractually allowed to change pricing, it would be great if they could renegotiate to allow them to have a better pricing structure for the final months of their contract so that their revenue doesn't depend on consumer ignorance. Aside from people already very into Dominion buying Adventures, I don't see how there would be much demand for the rest of the sets in 2016 if consumers were fully informed.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2016, 07:44:40 pm »
+4

I assume that it also wasn't supposed to be revealed until the end of the year that MF purchases will only carry over for the first year of the new online Dominion.
No, once we knew that, that absolutely had to be revealed as soon as possible. If I had had my act together it would have been a week or so earlier. [Note that you are only referring to the online version; people who prefer offline can just have that, and we won't come into their house and delete the files a year later.]

To the extent that MF isn't contractually allowed to change pricing, it would be great if they could renegotiate to allow them to have a better pricing structure for the final months of their contract so that their revenue doesn't depend on consumer ignorance.
It's just not happening. If there's any change to pricing then those new purchases will not carry over in any way. Obv. otherwise me and RGG and the new guys would all be really screwed. So, no, not happening. Drive it from your mind.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +972
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2016, 02:56:05 am »
+1

I assume that it also wasn't supposed to be revealed until the end of the year that MF purchases will only carry over for the first year of the new online Dominion. But I think that revelation is good because it reduces the number of people who will unknowingly purchase sets from MF expecting a much longer time to use them than what they get. Someone unknowingly paying $100+ for all of the sets on MF in October would be terrible.

Actually, new players who wouldn't see this topic or Creating Dominion topic will eventually buy all the sets.
I think, MF should implement Adventures some information in the client to prevent people do so.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

mameluke

• Duke
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2016, 09:43:05 pm »
+7

Two trains leave stations 456 miles apart at the same time and travel toward each other. One train travels at 105 miles per hour while the other travels at 85 miles per hour. How long will it take for Making Fun to release Dominion: Adventures? Show your work -- do not do any rounding.

traces Around

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: tracer
  • Respect: +438
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2016, 09:45:46 pm »
+5

Two trains leave stations 456 miles apart at the same time and travel toward each other. One train travels at 105 miles per hour while the other travels at 85 miles per hour. How long will it take for Making Fun to release Dominion: Adventures? Show your work -- do not do any rounding.

Never will. They are on a different track.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2016, 02:38:19 pm »
+12

Just got a response from Jeff.  Adventures is ready, they're just waiting for approval from iOS.  Since they need to update everything at once, if they just released on Windows, then iOS users would still get to use Adventures cards when challenged.  They want everything to update together.  Hopefully this happens soon - he said they submitted last Friday.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2016, 02:59:03 pm »
+8

grumble Apple mumble fucking walled garden grumble
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

E.Honda

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: E.Honda
  • Respect: +226
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2016, 08:46:51 pm »
+2

I think we should all pray to the late Steve Jobs now

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2016, 09:35:41 pm »
+2

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2016, 08:51:56 pm »
+3

IT'S ONLINE!!!!!!! IT'S HERE!!!!! DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE!!!!!!
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2016, 08:56:38 pm »
+2

You need to be a bit more clever with your url disguising.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2016, 09:53:29 pm »

You need to be a bit more clever with your url disguising.

Alright, do better then.

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hugovj
  • DFTBA
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2016, 03:57:04 am »
+7

Those were the happiest two seconds of my life.  :'(

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2016, 04:03:21 am »
+1

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2016, 05:02:18 am »
+2

It was 3.30 a.m. I was sitting in my room and just wanted to go to sleep. My best friend slept in the room next to mine. Just before i put the alarm on i went to forum to see if there were some news on Adventures. Then, Seprix, just for you to know, i screamed with so much joy. but...

It's so cruel, man. So cruel. How can i believe people from now on? How can i think there's trust and love in the world? One day, maybe even Rick Astley will give me up!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2016, 05:04:46 am »
+1

My best friend slept in the room next to mine.

Is the room next to Mine Mint?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2016, 05:08:44 am »
+2

My best friend slept in the room next to mine.

Is the room next to Mine Mint?

There's moat   between them

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2016, 10:49:13 am »
+8

I have good news, and bad news.

Bad news: No Adventures today.

Good news: Anticipated release of Adventures on Monday.

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hugovj
  • DFTBA
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2016, 10:59:42 am »
+1

So.... Pentecost?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2016, 11:03:01 am »

Only a little bit more than a year after the physical release.

To be fair, I don't think MakingFun got much of any warning that Adventures was coming (though I could be mis-remembering) and they were neck-deep in their complete rewrite of the code.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2016, 11:53:22 am »

To be fair, I don't think MakingFun got much of any warning that Adventures was coming (though I could be mis-remembering) and they were neck-deep in their complete rewrite of the code.

I assume they had more notice than anyone but Donald, Jay, the playtesters, and the manufacturer, and at least as much notice (3 months?) as the rest of us got.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2016, 12:33:59 pm »

I assume they had more notice than anyone but Donald, Jay, the playtesters, and the manufacturer, and at least as much notice (3 months?) as the rest of us got.

It was news to them when I asked them about it when Adventures was first announced.  I think that was my first hint that Donald X was probably none too happy with them if they weren't even being included, even just as observers, in the expansion development process.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.