Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Trolling thy name is Making Fun  (Read 5926 times)

microman

• Moneylender
  • Stop "Making Fun" of me!
  • Respect: +67
    • View Profile
Trolling thy name is Making Fun
« on: December 06, 2015, 06:53:26 pm »
+3

Hello fellow f.dsers,

So recently I have been playing some Online Dominion on the computer and on the tablet.  So far my last 15 games have resulted in 5 times of me being kicked out of the game because Making Fun lost connection with the server.  This has been very frustrating, especially since these games were mostly against easier opponents where I had the advantage.  There were also a few games where watchtower wouldn't let me trash the incoming coppers and curses from mountebank, and it was automatically putting them on top of my deck.  Now if these were not pro games I wouldn't care so much, but this is severely affecting my rating.  I might have to stop playing for a while until they fix this problem.  If anyone else is having some of these same problems, share some of your experiences please.  I would like to hear how others games are going for them lately.

Cinephile

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
Re: Trolling thy name is Making Fun
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 07:24:17 pm »
+1

Yeah, I get a lost connection in... oh, probably most of my games at the moment. Sometimes it lets me carry on but does dumb things like covering most of the buyable cards with the Black Market pop-up, or taking away coins for a buy but not giving me the card, or passing over play mid-my-turn. But most of the time it just freezes and I can't do anything.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 11:53:45 pm »
+1

Good thing I have not played at all this week. Sigh. It feels to me that dominion online will never work. And I doubt we we will ever get adventures for that matter

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 02:11:08 am »
+7

I've not been having any problems at all, and haven't for quite a while.  I'm sorry you guys are having trouble, but I want to share my positive experience in case people are unnecessarily put off playing the game they love: you might be one of the lucky ones, undecided observer.

microman

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 03:59:59 am »

I've not been having any problems at all, and haven't for quite a while.  I'm sorry you guys are having trouble, but I want to share my positive experience in case people are unnecessarily put off playing the game they love: you might be one of the lucky ones, undecided observer.
I'm glad you're having a good experience. :) I hope that this is just a fluke, and hopefully the rest of us will be having better games in the future. 

microman

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 04:03:51 am »

Good thing I have not played at all this week. Sigh. It feels to me that dominion online will never work. And I doubt we we will ever get adventures for that matter
According to Making Fun's most recent update(45.29), their main focus will be on the Adventures expansion now that the tablet thing is a go. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:38:58 am by microman »

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 09:20:56 am »
+1

According to Making Fun's most recent update(45.29), their main focus will be on the Adventures expansion now that the tablet thing is a go.

I read that, but playtesting won't likely happen until February which means the earliest we are looking at for an official release is at least March. If I were MF though, I would work on appeasing the tablet market but offering offline mode against the bots.

mameluke

• Duke
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 03:53:06 pm »
+5

Can't they just release the cards that have nothing to do with the new mechanics (Magpie, Port, Raze, some of the Duration cards, etc.) just to throw us a frickin' bone?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 04:30:44 pm »
+4

Can't they just release the cards that have nothing to do with the new mechanics (Magpie, Port, Raze, some of the Duration cards, etc.) just to throw us a frickin' bone?

I would even be willing to pay for the expansion early for something like that.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

microman

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 06:00:39 pm »

I'm feeling hopeful that they will have the Adventures cards available by mid February.  Getting a tablet version took a long time to get everything worked out and now I think Adventures will be up and running before we know it.  And no, I don't drink the Making Fun kool-aid. :P

Whizkid

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 12:31:13 pm »
+2

I'm feeling hopeful that they will have the Adventures cards available by mid February.  Getting a tablet version took a long time to get everything worked out and now I think Adventures will be up and running before we know it.  And no, I don't drink the Making Fun kool-aid. :P
Six new tokens, plus the tavern mat for each player; fitting that on screen; making it all visible and look halfway decent; events.

Oi, that's a lot of work. I do not envy them... much. It actually sounds like a fun job. :)

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 12:55:13 pm »
+1

Six new tokens, plus the tavern mat for each player; fitting that on screen; making it all visible and look halfway decent; events.

Well, that is an important part of job indeed, but it isn't the most time consuming one, at least it sholdn't be. My guess is that coding logic for things like Inheritance, or catching all the nuances with new BoM rulings and likes is way more frustrating.

Also, bienvenida to the forums! :)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 05:52:40 pm »

117 players online; 75 games in progress.

???

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 05:55:16 pm »
+5

117 players online; 75 games in progress.

???

Bots.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Moneymodel

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2015, 02:22:18 pm »

Yup, I just got kicked out the moment I drew my deck for the first time and played all my treasures. Pretty darn frustrating.

iamsparticus

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 11:00:26 pm »

I haven't been able to finish a game the past 5 times I've tried. Thankfully we won't have MF for long.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 11:15:16 pm »
+1

I haven't been able to finish a game the past 5 times I've tried. Thankfully we won't have MF for long.

We're February. That's still about 10 months of MF providing Online Dominion. There is a lot of games that can be played in that time.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 21 queries.