Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Bomb - the one shot trasher!  (Read 1102 times)

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
Bomb - the one shot trasher!
« on: December 02, 2015, 03:37:26 pm »

So, I thought the idea of a one-shot trasher that takes time to get at the beginning was interesting, and so I've come up with this variant of bomb. I tried to fit it in my expansion, but the super-trashing space was already taken up, so here it is by itself. Any comments?

Bomb - $3
Action - Tech
+3 Cards.
Trash any number of cards from your hand.
Trash this.
-----
You cannot buy this unless you have a Gunpowder in play.

Gunpowder - $2
+1 Action
+$1
At the end of your buy phase, return this to the Gunpowder pile.
-----
The first time you buy this per turn, +1 Buy.

Setup: if there is a Tech card in play, put the Gunpowder pile into the supply.

GeneralRamos

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +104
    • View Profile
Re: Bomb - the one shot trasher!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 06:14:23 pm »
+1

Two question first: (1) Does gunpowder count as a kingdom card, or is it a bonus supply pile (like an action version of potion)? It seems rough to have gunpower take up a kingdom slot if not, especially on a board with only one tech. (2) Does gunpowder also supplement other cards? I'm guessing it ties in with other "tech" class cards from your set. But if not, or if you want it to be detachable from your set (it sounds like this is an outtake), you might consider reworking it so that Gunpowder is a oneshot kingdom card that gains you a non-supply bomb when played. Then adjust gunpowder's price, etc., as necessary to make up for the fact that you aren't spending $3 and a buy to gain it.

Also, bomb's below-the-line wording should probably be more like this: When this is the first Gunpower you buy in a turn, +1 Buy (cf. Messenger)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: Bomb - the one shot trasher!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 08:47:26 pm »
+1

I would suggest picking names that aren't so stained, but the effects look good.  It's probably worth opening Gunpowder fairly often.

One thing to note is that, as is, Bomb can be gained with Ironworks without ever requiring Gunpowder.  Some possibilities:

- Change the condition to "You cannot gain".
- Increase the cost a bit and have Gunpowder give more coin (possibly making it a decent purchase even if you're not interested in a Tech card).
- Increase the cost drastically, but have Gunpowder drastically reduce the cost of Tech cards.
- Use the Traveller/Exchange mechanism so that you can exchange Gunpowder for a Tech card.

Or just leave it as is.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 21 queries.