Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Atlanta Meetup: December 19th/20th 2015  (Read 8339 times)

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Atlanta Meetup: December 19th/20th 2015
« on: December 02, 2015, 03:01:10 pm »
+1

Edit:

The current plan is to meet at Shraeye's and Raerae's house on December 19th, possibly the 20th as well. I am bringing my sets with (probably) enough base cards for everyone. Reply here to 'RSVP' if you are planning to come so you can be in the loop on the location and such.

Original post:
Would anybody be interested in meeting up in/near Atlanta, GA this month or next (or later; discussion is nice)? Perhaps the Dec. 18-20th weekend or Jan. 8th-10th? The intent would be to play Dominion, obviously. I don't have anything arranged, but have friends and family in the Suwanee area I may want to be visiting anyway and am aware of several game stores that might be good locations. If it's just a few people, we might not need to reserve anything; there could be tables just waiting for anyone to take them.

I'd love to see some kind of regular meetup in the southeast, and was wondering if I was the only one.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 02:49:48 pm by jsh357 »
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
Re: Atlanta Meetup
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 03:21:22 pm »

My mom puts up with a lot. She drove me to Cincinatti  Ypsilanti, and we're going back to Cinci in January. But I don't think she'll drive down to Georgia.

I'll ask her though.

EDIT: I will be in San Antiono for most of Christmas break. If that's closer, it's not closer by much, but I will play the Texas card too.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 03:22:24 pm by Roadrunner7671 »
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 03:24:39 pm »

My mom puts up with a lot. She drove me to Cincinatti  Ypsilanti, and we're going back to Cinci in January. But I don't think she'll drive down to Georgia.

I'll ask her though.

EDIT: I will be in San Antiono for most of Christmas break. If that's closer, it's not closer by much, but I will play the Texas card too.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but man, that would be a long travel. This is more directed at people who live in the area.

(That said, if anyone just wants to meet up where I live that'd be cool with me. My house has plenty of game space. Only thing is I live in a less central area. (Columbia, SC) )
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 03:38:13 pm »

I'll ask her though.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but man, that would be a long travel. This is more directed at people who live in the area.

(That said, if anyone just wants to meet up where I live that'd be cool with me. My house has plenty of game space. Only thing is I live in a less central area. (Columbia, SC) )

I should be moving to Columbia, say, summer 2017. Hit me up then.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 03:39:34 pm »

I'll ask her though.

I should be moving to Columbia, say, summer 2017. Hit me up then.

Sweet. Let me know if you need any info about the area. (Though I'm by no means an expert)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 04:34:50 pm »

I'll ask her though.

San Antonio is not close to anything.

The weird thing though is  that I'll be Christmasing in Texas also (DFW tho).
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 04:39:49 pm »

I'll ask her though.

That's not weird, we northerns all flock down to Flordia or Texas or somewhere like that.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 05:30:37 pm »
+6

I'll ask her though.

That's not weird, we northerns all flock down to Flordia or Texas or somewhere like that.

Real northerners stay in the north and shovel snow at Christmas!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

mumposaur

• Steward
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 08:13:24 pm »

As I mentioned before, I'd probably attend if the dates worked out. Also, if you are ever passing through Athens and want to play let me know! I have a friend in town who also plays quite a bit.

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1606
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 09:29:12 pm »

Yes, I'd be interested! I live in north Atlanta. What locations were you thinking of?

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 09:37:45 pm »

A quick note... that weekend in January I suggested is actually bad for me.  Open to other dates.

I need to consult with my friend who lives in Suwanee for the names of the establishments I've been to. Will get back. Nice to see a couple of people are interested, though. If you have suggestions of your own, go ahead and make them. Obviously my convenience is not necessarily anyone else's.

Edit: Here is one in the Buford area. Have not contacted them, but could be an option. They are not open Sundays, but a Friday/Saturday event may work out.
http://www.meeplemadness.com/
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 09:43:58 pm by jsh357 »

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 09:29:32 am »

So looks like we have have 3 interested people (me, singletee, mumposaur) and I know a person who may also want to come for a bit. Not a huge event, but who knows, maybe more will see the thread. Once I have talked to the people at Meeple Madness to see if they'd be cool with such a thing, I'll contact the other users on the Member Map who live near Atlanta to direct their attentions to the thread. Will also post on reddit. That leaves the date of the meetup as the question. I would personally be down for either a one-day or two-day thing (Jobs and such would make me want to leave early on Sunday).

How does a meetup on Dec. 19 sound? Is that too last minute? Too close to the holidays? It would just be a one day meetup, but it's looking like that Friday's a no-go for me. I could probably hang around Sunday, but the location is closed Sundays. Alternately, no harm in planning an event for next year. Time-wise, these things usually work best after lunch, so I would imagine 1:00 until people are tired of playing is a good schedule.

I can bring my full collection (which is sleeved) or just a few expansions with extra base cards for a few games at a time, so no worries on that front.

Let me know your thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:20:06 am by jsh357 »

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 10:30:08 am »

Hey! Atlanta is where raerae and I live!

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 11:46:31 am »

Depending on how many of us there are I'm going to offer up our house. Assuming none of you are serial killers, kleptomaniacs, or allergic to cats or dogs, you're welcome over!

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 11:54:07 am »

Depending on how many of us there are I'm going to offer up our house. Assuming none of you are serial killers, kleptomaniacs, or allergic to cats or dogs, you're welcome over!

Wow, that would be really nice, and avoid having any complications with the game store. It would also allow us to meet on Sunday. Is anyone not comfortable with that arrangement? So far it seems like we can expect 7-8 (including you two) people, as I am probably bringing a couple of friends.

Thanks for the offer either way.

singletee

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 02:08:29 pm »

Dec 19 and/or 20 is good for me. I don't own any sets.  ::)

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 02:16:14 pm »

Dec 19 and/or 20 is good for me. I don't own any sets.  ::)

Don't worry about that! I have plenty of cards. Feel free to bring an extra copy of the Base Cards expansion and some MayFair sleeves, but it shouldn't be an issue. Last event I went to we were able to manage three 3 player games.

I think unless something major changes, we'll plan to meet at Shraeye and Raerae's on the 19th, whenever is convenient for them. I should hopefully be able to arrive around 1 myself. I'd be cool with also meeting on the 20th if enough people are interesting in that, and my friend's house is available as backup plan. (warning: 4 dogs, 3 of them hyper)

Looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 02:46:40 pm by jsh357 »

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Atlanta Meetup: December 19th/20th 2015
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 06:04:14 pm »

Probably not a go for me anytime in December.

If end up going with the job in Florida I'm interviewing for I might end up even closer to ATL though.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 11:54:34 pm »

Ten days to go (I assume this is still a go). Shraeye/raerae: I would suggest sending any driving instructions in the near future out to those interested in going. At this point, that looks like myself, singletee, and mumposaur.

We should probably also know an appropriate time to show up!  I should arrive at my friend's house where I'm staying (in Suwanee) around noon and get something to eat, then head over to the meetup.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2015, 07:27:31 am »

Yes, coordination=goodness.  You all can PM me for my cell and our address.

mumposaur

• Steward
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2015, 11:03:27 am »

Unfortunately I'm headed to NY on the 18th to visit family for the holidays. Hopefully I can go to a future meet up though!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2015, 11:11:06 am »

Unfortunately I'm headed to NY on the 18th to visit family for the holidays. Hopefully I can go to a future meet up though!

Meetup in NY!

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2015, 05:10:51 pm »

We appear to have a couple interested from the reddit thread, so while mumposaur can't make it, we've possibly netted on guests.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2015, 02:53:11 pm »

Anybody who's coming have food allergies?

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2015, 03:03:18 pm »

Nice, the location is about an hour from where I am staying; not sure how quickly I'll get there, but I'd imagine I can make it as early as 12:30/1 Saturday if all goes well. If we go for a second day, I'd be open for earlier time as well. Looking forward to good times.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2015, 03:19:09 pm »
+1

Guys, I have to be frank. There's some serious drama going on (dog-related) in my life that might kill my plans for this weekend. I am really sorry if I have to call this whole thing off. Feel free to met up yourselves if that happens. Maybe I won't be a sobbing mess by the weekend, but I kind of doubt it.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2015, 04:53:12 pm »

Well then we can aim for 12:30.  Some food will exist, some drink will exist.  Much excite!

singletee

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2015, 10:58:23 am »

Sorry all, I can't make it today - recovering from a bad cold. If there is something planned for tomorrow I may feel good enough to attend.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2015, 11:18:22 am »

Shoot; well I'll let you know if there is something tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 20 queries.