Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A bunch of custom card ideas, looking for feedback  (Read 8368 times)

GeneralRamos

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +104
    • View Profile
A bunch of custom card ideas, looking for feedback
« on: November 27, 2015, 11:05:03 am »
+1

UPDATE: see images below for revised versions

I've been compiling some card ideas for some time, and recently decided to playtest and print a few as a gift for a friend who is a huge Dominion fan. I welcome some feedback on these card ideas (and more to follow in the near future). I'll start with just 6 of them.

Triumph
Action - $4
You may select an action card from your hand and play it three times. Trash it. Gain an action card costing less than this. SETUP: include ruins in the supply.
Like a cross between king's court and procession, but downgrade's cards and ultimately leaves ruins in its wake.

Haunted Castle
Action/duration/curse - $6
-3 VP
At the start of each of your next turns for the rest of the game, you may choose one: +1 buy or +1 action. (This stays in play.)
Penalty for a permanent +action or buy. Seems to me a bit weaker than the already-too-strng hireling, and hence balanced. A good boon to either engines or big money.

Imp
Action/curse - $3
-2 VP
+1 action
Choose one: +2 cards; +$2; or look through your discard pile and trash a card.
Playing with a good combo of action and negative vp penalty. Modified steward. Does the trash-from-supply effect make it good enough to warrant the point penalty? It also facilitates easy trashing of imps later in the game.

Provincial Revolt
action/attack -$5
+1 action
+1 VP chip
Each other player must return a victory card from their hand to the supply pile and gain a victory card costing less than it, or reveal a hand with no victory cards. If any other player returned a victory card to the supply this turn, +$3
Development of what seems to be a common card idea.

Saturnalia
Action - $6
+1 card
+1 buy
+$3
When you play this card, if you have any unused actions remaining, -1 action
This is a card that rats up 2 actions if available and is difficult to stack, but is not dead if no villages are in the kingdom.

Siege machines
Action/attack - $4
+$2
Each other player reveals the top two cards of their deck, trashes one of them costing $3 to $4, and discards the rest. If they trash a card, they gain a ruins on top of their deck.
You may gain a card from the trash costing $3 or $4.
Still trying to figure out the right price point for this, make it better at hitting, etc.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 08:43:30 am by GeneralRamos »

pedroluchini

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
Re: A bunch of custom card ideas, looking for feedback
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 11:23:06 am »
+2

Triumph
Minor quibble: You can omit the "SETUP" and add the "Looter" type to the card.

Haunted Castle
I like how this works around the common criticism for alt-Curse cards -- you can't get rid of it once you put it in play! (Procession and other edge-cases aside.)

Imp
This is the opposite... It's way too easy to get rid of it near the end of the game.

Siege machines
Minor quibble: This should have the "Looter" type.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 11:38:56 am »
+1

Haunted Castle is way too weak for $6. Without the –VP it would probably be weak for $6 but still okay; and the –VP should bring the price down considerably since, as noted, you're stuck with it.

(Also it probably shouldn't have the Curse type anyway for technical reasons, unless you want people taking these when you play a Witch.)

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 01:05:01 pm »

Welcome to the forum, General!
Have you ever thought about participating in Dominion League?

trivialknot

• Jester
  • Respect: +1171
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 01:14:47 pm »

Triumph
Action - $4
You may select an action card from your hand and play it three times. Trash it. Gain an action card costing less than this. SETUP: include ruins in the supply.
Like a cross between king's court and procession, but downgrade's cards and ultimately leaves ruins in its wake.
As written this seems to say, gain a card costing less than Triumph.  Interesting, I have no idea if it's balanced.

Haunted Castle
Action/duration/curse - $6
-3 VP
At the start of each of your next turns for the rest of the game, you may choose one: +1 buy or +1 action. (This stays in play.)
Penalty for a permanent +action or buy. Seems to me a bit weaker than the already-too-strng hireling, and hence balanced. A good boon to either engines or big money.
I think it would work without the VP penalty.

Imp
Action/curse - $3
-2 VP
+1 action
Choose one: +2 cards; +$2; or look through your discard pile and trash a card.
Playing with a good combo of action and negative vp penalty. Modified steward. Does the trash-from-supply effect make it good enough to warrant the point penalty? It also facilitates easy trashing of imps later in the game.
I think the dominating choice here is actually the +2 cards, because that makes it a $3 lab.  Labs are particularly good in trashed-down decks.  And the only penalty is that you have to spend your last shuffle getting rid of all of them.

Provincial Revolt
action/attack -$5
+1 action
+1 VP chip
Each other player must return a victory card from their hand to the supply pile and gain a victory card costing less than it, or reveal a hand with no victory cards. If any other player returned a victory card to the supply this turn, +$3
Development of what seems to be a common card idea.
The problem with VP chip gainers is that they can result in endless games.  That seems particularly problematic here, since it actively discourages victory-card-based strategies, thus discouraging any strategies that would actually end the game.  I think it should trash the victory cards rather than returning them, and opponents should get the VP chips rather than you.

Saturnalia
Action - $6
+1 card
+1 buy
+$3
This is a card that rats up 2 actions if available and is difficult to stack, but is not dead if no villages are in the kingdom.
I don't know, people seem to think terminal payoff cards are really weak.  Like Wine Merchant, which gives +$4, +1 buy, and people think it's terrible (even though it's actually awesome).  Anyway, the card seems okay.

Siege machines
Action/attack - $4
+$2
Each other player reveals the top two cards of their deck, trashes one of them costing $3 to $4, and discards the rest. If they trash a card, they gain a ruins on top of their deck.
Still trying to figure out the right price point for this, make it better at hitting, etc.
I think this compares favorably to sea hag, which most people consider to be pretty good.  I think the main reason sea hag is powerful is because junking is particularly strong early in the game, and costing $4 allows you to open with it.  Maybe this should cost $5.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 01:18:22 pm by trivialknot »

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +352
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 09:21:33 pm »

Triumph
Action - $4
As written this seems to say, gain a card costing less than Triumph.  Interesting, I have no idea if it's balanced.
Saturnalia
Action - $6
+1 card
+1 buy
+$3
I don't know, people seem to think terminal payoff cards are really weak.  Like Wine Merchant, which gives +$4, +1 buy, and people think it's terrible (even though it's actually awesome).  Anyway, the card seems okay.
That looks quite weak at engines as two actions for drawing one card is lot and when you dray your deck anyway you could buy gold instead. Did you tried play this bm vs double-jack how strong it is?
Siege machines
Action/attack - $4
+$2
I think this compares favorably to sea hag, which most people consider to be pretty good.  I think the main reason sea hag is powerful is because junking is particularly strong early in the game, and costing $4 allows you to open with it.  Maybe this should cost $5.
No, actually it looks like weak terminal silver, probably worse than swindler, in early game it will be dud lot of time and late ruins dont change much.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 09:53:11 pm »

Do you have any thoughts about the cost convexity of these cards?

I've always thought that it is incredibly important for the convexity of card costs to be maintained.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 11:52:32 pm »

Siege Machine is strictly better than Dame Sylvia (it does the same thing along with an extra-powerful attack AND is an optional gainer), but costs LESS. I would price it at $7, not $4.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 12:27:57 am »

Siege Machine is strictly better than Dame Sylvia (it does the same thing along with an extra-powerful attack AND is an optional gainer), but costs LESS. I would price it at $7, not $4.

Siege Machines only hits cards costing $3 or $4. Dame Sylvia hits cards costing from $3 to $6.

I don't like the idea of making an attack double-strength if it hits. Is there any reason other than flavor that the victims gain a Ruins?

GeneralRamos

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 09:30:41 am »

Thanks all for the feedback so far. Some responses and clarifications (some from me mistyping the text I put on the cards).
On triumph: it should indicate that you gain a card costing less than the card you played thrice and trashed. So it works like procession, except instead of an upgrade it's a downgrade (because you get to play it three times for the same price)

Siege machines: it is DEFINITELY not priced too low. Because, as several have pointed out, it misses so often. I've been trying to come up with a good way to fix the problem. The card is based around the flavor of "replace opponent's card with a ruins," so i want to keep that in some form. Originally I wanted it to only hit actions, but thought that would just steer people toward big money. But maybe if it were a mechanic similar to saboteur or my triumph above. Let me posit two possible versions:
A) each other player reveals cards until they reveal an action card costing 6 or less. They trash it and gain an action card costing up to $2 less than the trashed card. Looter-include ruins. (This guarantees a hit so long as the opponent has an action, ruins actions costing $3 or less most of the time, and downgrades actins costing $4 to $6.) Same vanilla bonus and gaining ability as original.
B) each other player reveals cards until they reveal an action or victory card costing $3 to $5. They trash it and gain a ruins on top of their deck. (This also guarantees a hit in most cases, ruins actions costing $3 or less most of the time, and downgrades actins costing $4 to $6.) Same vanilla bonus and gaining ability as original.
In both i stances, I imagine it eould require upping this price to $6 or removing the vanilla bonus. Thoughts? Further ideas that continue the original flavor?

On price convexity--I must profess to not know what this means.

Haunted castle: again for flavor reasons, its sheer existence if from an attempt to make an action with negative vp. The benefits from having a perma-village in many engines, not subject to the problems of lining them up in hand with terminals, make me hesitate to lower price to $4. What if the price were set to $5 and the VP hit reduced to 1 or 2? Fair point as well with the curse wording, though I am toying with the idea of a rules clarification that indicates "gain a curse" means the standard curse-named cards, while curse in other contexts refers to the class, and develop other cards that develop the concept. But this is still only vaguely conceptualized.

Saturnalia: point taken on the "why not buy gold?" However, if treated as a general terminal action (it doesn't require two actions to play, it just uses up a second if available), it is strictly better to have one of these in your deck than the corresponding gold, as it gives you a card and another buy to support your big money. But an idea for encouraging its easier stacking in an engine would be some wording akin to cultists: you may play another saturnalia from your hand. Hoorah! Let the revelry continue! It fits the flavor. And the penalty for so much bacchanalia is that it eats up any spare actions your villages might have produced, but hey, it's worth it.

Imp: better without the trashing option? Or perhaps prohibiting it from trashing curses/imps?

On provincial revolt: Good points. If I remove the vp chips altogether from it, and have the victory trashed instead of returned, but not grant a vp chip to the opponent, does it still sound good at its original price? I wouldn't want it to dispense a Vp chip to the opponent, because the value to the player of the attack seems so weak by comparison, and in the case of trashed estates, a bigger benefit to the attacked.

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 11:31:24 am »

Siege Machines only hits cards costing $3 or $4. Dame Sylvia hits cards costing from $3 to $6.

I don't like the idea of making an attack double-strength if it hits. Is there any reason other than flavor that the victims gain a Ruins?

Oops, I didn't notice that. I think $4 might be good, then.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

trivialknot

• Jester
  • Respect: +1171
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 12:27:12 pm »

Siege Machines: I had missed the fact that it only gives out ruins when it hits a $3-4.  That makes it a lot weaker, and not a great opener.  And as LastFootnote said, it's double strength when it hits.  That's bad because it makes it very chancy.  I think I'd drop the top-decking part, and make it hit more often.

Imp: I think it's better if Imps can trash themselves, because otherwise you have a huge power difference between Imps in kingdoms with other trashing, and Imps in kingdoms without.  Umm... but maybe something else should be changed about the card to make it weaker.

Provincial Revolt: Yeah maybe don't give VP chips to opponents, forget I said that.  I think the vanilla bonus should be changed to be more vanilla though.  Right now it's double-strength when it hits.  I don't know about the rest.  Needs testing.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 10:11:51 pm »
+1

Triumph seems okay, but as mentioned should be a looter instead of having that setup clause and say "less than it" instead of "less than this".

Haunted Castle would seem okay at $6 without the -VP. Hireling is not "too strong". It's a Lab you'll play every turn - which a good engine can have for $5 (by getting a normal Lab). Sure, Hireling also helps for other strazegies than engines. That's why it costs more. It's also useless on the turn you play it. Either way, you need to decide whether you want to say "next turn" or "each of your turns". "Each of your next turns" ddoesn't make much sense. I don't think giving the card the curse type is that good, either way. There are other ways of making a card give negative VP, such as giving other players VP tokens on buy/play. Again, not that i think it's necessary. The card seems weak allready.

Why do you make a card that's worth negative points and makes it really easy to trash itself? That's kind of a moot point. Also i advise to take a look at the "fan card creation guide". It points out that negative VP should probably scale with the use of a card, such as with the suggested VP tokens for opponents (or you gaining Curses/Curse tokens) on play. Be ause, if a card with -VP printed on it is just strong enough to be played in a game wizh good trashing, it will be horrible in games without. If it is good enough for games without, it will be a must-buy in games with trashing. Hardly balancable. As said, with Imp the VP are moot either way. Also: The wording should say to trash a card "from it" to make clear the trashed card comes from the discard pile.

Provincial Revolt is a Saboteur variant that only targets VP cards. Being a mirror image of the dreaded Rebuild, i can't claim i like it much. The worst part is that it actively discourages getting VP cards, an in fact discourages to move the game along at all. And that not only with its attack, but also the nonterminal VP token. Imagine me buying only these. How would you be possibly able to win if i always return the Provinces you bought, getting points at the same time? Just playing 1-2 of these a turn would be a certain win. So, to beat me, you have to do the same. Which in turn means, the game never ends.

Saturnalia is much worse than Gold. Sure, there's a card, but a single card doesn't help much on a terminal. All it does on Saturnalia is draw stuff dead that you will have to discard. I'd argue it actively harms you most of the time. So, this takes up two more actions than Gold, can be drawn dead (by Saturnalia, for example) and gives me what in turn? A buy? You could also shorten the wording to "-1 Action (to a minimum of 0)".

I think Siege Machine really shouldn't either hit double or not at all. Rather do it like Giant and give out Ruins if it misses. I know that's less thematical, but theme is something that can make a good card better, not something that can make a card good. Here the theme seems to work against the card.

Sorry for all that critizism. Also, ignore the thing about prize convexity. That was an inside joke based on something that happened on these forums recently.

And last, but not least, welcome to the forums! :)

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 01:45:22 am »

Hireling is not "too strong". It's a Lab you'll play every turn - which a good engine can have for $5 (by getting a normal Lab). Sure, Hireling also helps for other strazegies than engines. That's why it costs more. It's also useless on the turn you play it.
Hireling surely isn't crazily overpowered but given that you often buy Lab for 6$ I still Hireling to be too strong (in quick games Hireling is relatively weaker). And I am pretty sure that if anybody here had suggested such a card a year ago everybody would have claimed that it is overpowered and totally broken. Extra buy or action is probably on average weaker than an extra card but the flexibility is definitely worth something.

So folks who deem Hireling (and Hireling variants) as too strong (for 6) gotta get around that. 7$ is probably too expensive so negative VPs is a decent way to balance a card. As pedroluchini has pointed out, the main problem of using negative VPs is that you can trash the card late in the game which is not possible with this perma-duration.
I agree though that -3 VP is far too much. -1 would probably suffice.

About Saturnalia, perhaps I am missing something but to me the card seems to be of limited usefulness in a majority of cases and it will probably only be really bought for BM decks.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 01:52:50 am by tristan »

GeneralRamos

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 11:16:27 pm »

I've done some tailoring of these cards on the basis of some of the commentary here and my own developments. Note that Imp has been totally reconceived, and Siege Machines as well.

Imp: now an attack, selecting from two straight-up attacks, and retaining the trash ability as a third option. The latter now possibly functions as a sort of hot-potato attack, passing imps to the left as a special effect of trashing them. It also makes them ultimately untrashable, the common critique of neg-VP.

Haunted castle remains essentially the same except penalty has been reduced to 1VP; I'm willing to accept the notion it could be priced at $5 with some convincing.

Siege machines now seeks out targets like Saboteur, but with out the possibility of hitting gold, crucial $6s, or province in normal circumstances. It does retain the ruin top-decking, but it is more consistent about it. I retained the trash-gain ability. I now worry it is too cheap for its utility, though, and bumped it to $5. Might warrant removing the vanilla bonus, or the trash-gaining, or both. I welcome input on this in particular!

Saturnalia: as an idea to increase the utility of the card for the wary, I introduced a cultist-like effect allowing the chaining of Saturnalias beyond available actions(but depleting possibility of playing other actions afterward). Still works fine as a terminal, and still plays with other terminals and villages so long as you play it last. Willing to entertain a price of $5, or change to +2 card +$2 instead, if I find arguments convincing...

Provincial revolt: removed the VP token part, changed it to trash instead of return to the pile. It only hits if victory is in hand of opponent, and now basically ensures that a player gets hit only once per turn. Early in the game it helps opponents trash estates, so perhaps is a card better bought after greening commences. Should it be upped to +$4 when it hits?

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 08:39:23 am by GeneralRamos »

wachsmuth

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +347
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 09:13:08 am »
+1

Siege Machines is extremely close to being strictly better than Rogue. The only one way it's worse is that it can't trash Golds, but often 5-cards are better anyway. And the gaining isn't forced either, which is occasionally a downside of Rogue. I'd say it's too much better, since it makes Rogue totally obsolete in games with both.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 10:01:58 am »
+1

Siege Machines is extremely close to being strictly better than Rogue. The only one way it's worse is that it can't trash Golds, but often 5-cards are better anyway. And the gaining isn't forced either, which is occasionally a downside of Rogue. I'd say it's too much better, since it makes Rogue totally obsolete in games with both.

Absolutely. Changing the 3-6 to 3-5 is nothing compared to the 3 HUGE ways in which this improves on Rogue. 1 being that it both trashes and junks on the same play instead of having to alternate between the two. 2 being that it searches to find a card to trash so has no chance of whiffing. 3 being that it basically has a Sea Hag attack built in. This card is insane.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

GeneralRamos

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 10:24:14 am »

So, what if it instead works like so: Reveal the top two cards, trash one costing $3-$4, or if neither card is $3-$4, gain a ruins on top of your deck. You may gain a card costing $3-$4 from the trash.
We are now back to it being a card of reasonable, rather than super strength, no? The range of cards attacked is smaller, as is the potential gain from the trash; misses give ruins instead of hits with the trashing, and it does not need to search until hitting. Should it be $4 or $5?

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 11:32:10 am »
+1

Imp is broken because with 5 plays of this the opponent is pinned Also it can be political by making the opponent on the left Have -2vp while the other opponents just have no effect. Siege machines is OP and is pretty much better than rogue.
Overall I think you had good ideas poor execution.
This guide can help make your cards better http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=699.0

GeneralRamos

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 12:23:36 pm »

Well, yes, I could put a cap on the card reduction ability (each player with more than 3...). So maybe that. It was late when I redid the card and at the time didn't think a non-cantrip with a negative point penalty for holding would encourage buying and being able to play that many in a turn, not without strong support at least. But you're right, certainly too strong if other hand reducers are available to precede it.
In defense of Imp: As for the pass left being political, well, not really, because it isn't "select a player." And putting it in your neighbor's discard only means that they have the same ability next shuffle, or sooner if they have an imp or hermit in hand before the shuffle (since they may trash from the discard). Yes it only affects one player at a time, but each player in turn gets a chance at it. It might warrant "put in hand" or "on top of deck" instead of discard to speed up their ability to use it? Also, it can't trash itself--it requries another trasher (Imp or otherwise).

Here's a slightly reworked version. Gives an alternative to discard a la torturer. Removed the copper attack for space:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:12:56 pm by GeneralRamos »

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +863
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 09:52:22 am »

Imp: Aside from Imp's discard attack being broken, I think the card is way too worded and complex. I suggest you focus on the thing that makes the card most original: a Curse that passes itself to other players. Something like, "+1 Action. When you play or trash this, put it into the discard pile of the player to your left."

Haunted Castle: At first I thought this was a Worker's Village every turn and would probably be better than Hireling (which is a Moat every turn) had it not been for the -1 VP. However, giving you either +1 Action or +1 Buy makes it "only" a Village or a Market Square every turn which is almost, maybe, not good enough compared to Hireling. On its own, the latter is much stronger. I think Hauted Castle could either give you both action and buy, or cost $5... maybe.

Siege Engines: Even without the Ruins junking AND the gaining, it's still mostly better not only than Rogue (which is a bad card) but also than Dame Silvia (one of the better Knights). With the other two effects on top of that, it should probably cost $7 or $8. But I suggest you drop at least one of the many things it does AND weaken one or two of the other.

Saturnalia: Compare this to Grand Market which has a huge buying restriction but once you have one GM, it makes gaining additional ones significantly easier. Saturnalia is not only more powerful per-se, it enables you to buy more Saturnalias even more easily, AND has no buying restriction. It's completely bonkers and should cost $8 but again, I'd rather see a weaker version of this.

Provincial Revolt: Looks broken at first but actually, it's just swingy to the point of plain folly. Either it does nothing (even harms the attacker) or it causes a points swing, accelerates the game and provides economy. I would expect this card to be universally hated.

Still, I'd like to end my first impressions on a positive note; you have some neat ideas but you should narrow them down to one concept per card, two at the most, simplify when possible, and carefully evaluate the power level of your cards.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

GeneralRamos

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 08:09:17 pm »

I've scrapped provincial revolt. Yeah, it would be hated.
I've reduced cost of Haunted Castle to $5. Happy with it.
Now onto the problem cards! Two possible versions of Siege Machines:
A:
B:

And taking the advice to simplify Imp:

Now a simpler handsize attack at base, that can typically be effectively stacked only twice. Gives some impetus to keeping two around, maybe. Price raised to $4 to prevent opening with two of them.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:11:06 pm by GeneralRamos »

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2015, 08:22:45 pm »

I've scrapped provincial revolt. Yeah, it would be hated.
I've reduced cost of Haunted Castle to $5. Happy with it.
Now onto the problem cards! Two possible versions of Siege Machines:
A:
B:

And taking the advice to simplify Imp:

Now a simpler handsize attack at base, that can typically be effectively stacked only twice. Gives some impetus to keeping two around, maybe. Price raised to $4 to prevent opening with two of them.

I like the $4 cost version of Siege Machines better.

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +863
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2015, 09:44:04 am »

I also prefer the $4-cost version for its simplicity but it should probably cost $5. It's very similar to Dame Silvia after all. Also you'd want to clarify whether it trashes one or both (hopefully not) of the revealed cards.

Imp looks good now. A lot of people dislike negative VP but I don't mind as long as it comes with a clever design.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:13:33 am by Co0kieL0rd »
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2015, 09:49:13 am »

I also prefer the $4-cost version for its simplicity but it should probably cost $5. It's very similar to Dame Silvia after all. Also you'd want to clarify whether it trashes one or both (hopefully not) of the revealed cards.

Imp looks good now. A lot of people dislike negative VP but I don't mind as long as it comes with a clever design.

It only reveals one card.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.