Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 322039 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2300 on: December 15, 2015, 01:54:48 pm »

See, this is the kind of thing that is so bad, it simply cannot come from scum.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: December 15, 2015, 01:59:42 pm »

Okay, I see what you both are saying.  I potentially could be talked off this soapbox for now, since the popular opinion is to "wait and see" on these two.

But then who do we lynch?  We're just going in circles here. 

Let's see:

Haddock, Yuma, and Teproc, you're all main talkers right now, and we know how hard it is to lynch talkers because most people like talkers.  You're off the list.

faust and WW are off the table due to "wait and see"

That leaves:

e , myself, Roadrunner, iguana, Hydrad, and EgorK

You've decided I'm town, correct. 

You've decided iguana is town, I'd agree.

You've decided RR is town.  I'm not sure.  I'd tentatively agree. 

The three above are generally seen as town and aren't going down.

So that leaves:
e, Hydrad, and egorK

e has been the most chatty, Hydrad the most lurky, and egorK has had to defend himself some already.

With all likelyhood, these are our 3 choices, unless you decide one of me, RR, or iguana are scum, or if you decide to lynch a supertalky.   So logically, we work on those three for the remainder of the day.

Am I way off here too?

PPE

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: December 15, 2015, 02:00:50 pm »

I'm for Teproc or e.  Backup Haddock or EgorK.  Backup Yuma.  Hydrad eh, but I don't think any of the scenarios where my target was moved from Hydrad pan out.

Well.. Bus Drive me with Hydrad?  I target myself.. I think I would detect me performing the action, though not me being targeted by it.  And I should detect Bus Drive target anyway.

(Does Bus Drive target two people?  I think this came up in a previous game.)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: December 15, 2015, 02:02:05 pm »

You shouldn't take people off the lynch table for being active.  I'm usually at the top of post counts as town or scum.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: December 15, 2015, 02:02:33 pm »

I have nothing against lynching active people. e and Haddock are both on the table for me.

@WW : Your Hydrad result does not clear him. It makes himslightly less likely to be scum, but not by that much.

Yes, Bus Driving targets two people.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: December 15, 2015, 02:02:52 pm »

I don't think teproc or haddock are off the table... Haddock I have a town read so he is for me. At this point I am fine lynching a "talker" whatever that means.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: December 15, 2015, 02:03:53 pm »

Typically. This is a closed, invented setup. Ash could change this. And I know we shoudlnt' count on it but it should ber something that we consider. In this setup a bus driver could go through three different people. Unlikely, but possible. Roles may not be what they seem...

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: December 15, 2015, 02:04:14 pm »

Her's the thing AMpharos : you're focusing on the weaker parts of the argument against scum!WW, which are all the breadcrumb things. I mostly agree with you that the breadcrumbs are mostly null.

In the process, you are ignoring the fact that, while it might be a convenient claim, it's a very specific claim, and not as convenient as it could be. Why doesn't WW claim to be a town role having targeted HYdrad here ? Why does he complicate his life by directly contradicting faust, yet not really pushing for his lynch ?

Because having targetted silver would not have fit his behaviour at all. Also, if he had claimed that, we would have lynched him.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: December 15, 2015, 02:04:23 pm »

I have nothing against lynching active people. e and Haddock are both on the table for me.

@WW : Your Hydrad result does not clear him. It makes himslightly less likely to be scum, but not by that much.

I know, that was part of what I meant to say.  I mean, I probably believe my result, and that's a push against lynching him.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: December 15, 2015, 02:04:31 pm »

You shouldn't take people off the lynch table for being active.  I'm usually at the top of post counts as town or scum.

We need to start counting your contributions by the character instead of by the post!

Don't worry though, you've got plenty of character.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: December 15, 2015, 02:04:51 pm »

I just remembered Haddock had two major townie things thisgame, so forget about that; Also, I don't have to reread him, that's good.

So, I'm on [e, Hydrad, EgorK].

PPE : 4
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: December 15, 2015, 02:05:09 pm »

I'm saying they probably aren't going to get lynched today because they are active.  I find they're the type of scum that gets killed later.  Sure it could happen today, but odds are no.  If we decide to go that route, I'll admit I was wrong.

PPE (all the posts. seriously I cannot post this because I keep getting the red warning box)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: December 15, 2015, 02:05:19 pm »

And often without even being active! :P
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: December 15, 2015, 02:07:15 pm »

Her's the thing AMpharos : you're focusing on the weaker parts of the argument against scum!WW, which are all the breadcrumb things. I mostly agree with you that the breadcrumbs are mostly null.

In the process, you are ignoring the fact that, while it might be a convenient claim, it's a very specific claim, and not as convenient as it could be. Why doesn't WW claim to be a town role having targeted HYdrad here ? Why does he complicate his life by directly contradicting faust, yet not really pushing for his lynch ?

Because having targetted silver would not have fit his behaviour at all. Also, if he had claimed that, we would have lynched him.

I don't think there would be anything wrong with scum!me claiming to target Silver here.  This argument again relies on prescience on my part.

Maybe some Dune flavor is spilling over.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: December 15, 2015, 02:08:03 pm »

I'm saying they probably aren't going to get lynched today because they are active.  I find they're the type of scum that gets killed later.  Sure it could happen today, but odds are no.  If we decide to go that route, I'll admit I was wrong.

PPE (all the posts. seriously I cannot post this because I keep getting the red warning box)

This is a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: December 15, 2015, 02:08:45 pm »

This is a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

At least I'll be right?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: December 15, 2015, 02:09:07 pm »

Kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy. "They're not going to be lynched, so let's not lynch them".

PPE : Dammit.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: December 15, 2015, 02:13:03 pm »

Fhew okay I'm tired cause getting all worked up about the WW thing, deciding to drop it for now, and then wracking my brains for who could possibly be scum here. 

Do more of your talking about all sorts of stuff;  I'll read it all and be back later. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: December 15, 2015, 02:13:57 pm »

We need to start counting your contributions by the character instead of by the post!

Don't worry though, you've got plenty of character.

Should be by the meme, really.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: December 15, 2015, 02:23:02 pm »

WW's post count is enormous this game, as always.

I make it 2319 in total.  How does he have the time?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: December 15, 2015, 02:25:36 pm »

I'm sorry, why is lynching WW basically off the table?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: December 15, 2015, 02:26:34 pm »

man... i was willing to do a teproc lynch like 560 pages ago. But that wasn't happening. and now you want to start it up again?

I mean.... We can't just have new wagons popping up all over the place when perfectly acceptable ones can't even get to L-2. It is just absurd. I don't know if it hurts us as town, but it is really frustrating to push for something, have everyone ignore or fight against it... then to move somewhere else and build something good only to have what you were pushing for become a thing and the other thing collapse around you again...

Better watch out Yuma. If you seem frustrated then Teproc and Roadrunner are gunna call you out.
I think you meant this sarcastically, but I agree with what Teproc replied to this.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: December 15, 2015, 02:27:47 pm »

I'm sorry, why is lynching WW basically off the table?

Well, I think if you read the last 15 pages or so you'll find basically everything that can be said about the subject.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: December 15, 2015, 03:13:39 pm »

I'm back again. I know you all missed me.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: December 15, 2015, 03:17:57 pm »

Ok I'm feeling better about leaving WW/faust alive for now and seeing if things don't add up later on also.

Now for who else to vote... muhahahhaha.

Vote: Egork and I believe L-1
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries.