Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 324106 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2175 on: December 14, 2015, 01:25:11 pm »

Yeah. Someone probably is lying. Scum usually do that.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: December 14, 2015, 01:26:15 pm »

Well I obviously don't want to announce that I have a PR; I think that statement is exactly what it should be as a breadcrumb. 

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: December 14, 2015, 01:28:31 pm »

Well I obviously don't want to announce that I have a PR; I think that statement is exactly what it should be as a breadcrumb.

I understand that. All I am saying is that I can't look at it say "WW undeniably targeted Hydrad. He is innocent."
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: December 14, 2015, 01:29:43 pm »

I understand that. All I am saying is that I can't look at it say "WW undeniably targeted Hydrad. He is innocent."

Yeah. WW said that when he full claimed. Enough for a pass for the day though imo
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: December 14, 2015, 01:30:24 pm »

A pass for hydrad, that is

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: December 14, 2015, 01:33:48 pm »

It's a mitigating factor, not enough to be a pass for me. I would guess that about 1 of the three scum (assuming a single team) did nothing. Hydrad could also be a ninja.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: December 14, 2015, 01:35:13 pm »

That's not what Igu's talking about I don't think.

The "he" is WW.

Igu is saying (I believe) that he's not able to deduce automatically from the breadcrumb that WW definitely targeted Hydrad.  As such he can't necessarily conclude that WW is innocent.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: December 14, 2015, 01:35:53 pm »

I'd prefer not to lynch Hydrad today.

Go read the beginning of the day and my posts surrounding this post (when I first got on after thread unlock).  I think it's as clear as it can be.  Specifically, all the posts around it are disjointed from it, and, actually, point towards suspecting Hydrad.  This was a very deliberate breadcrumb.

I also specifically chose the wording "prefer" to emphasize the weakness of my result.  (Hydrad could be scum, just not one performing the kill.)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: December 14, 2015, 01:38:27 pm »

Also, I was fully intending to use my power on Yuma earlier into Day 1, which is partially why I supported him shooting.  But I'm not sure anyone is doubting my role at this point. 

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: December 14, 2015, 01:47:14 pm »

Haddock's reaction to all this is pretty townie.

Why is that?

His reaction is that he got the point and wants to move on because
a) it's not nice having people berate you (alignment-neutral)
b) it's distracting from the actual game

I think scum would either go "you're not the boss of me" and stay on Hydrad, or unvote or log off. I don't think they'd cede to the pressure and change their vote back, because they don't want to appear to malleable, as it puts the falseness of their reads in sharp focus.

I agree. I thought his "If I go back someone will accuse me of being scummy" and then doing just that was actually pretty townie.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: December 14, 2015, 01:56:16 pm »

The Rules:

The Standard Rules:
1. No communication between players outside of the game thread or shared QTs at any time. This includes passing references, jokes, or cases in other games or threads, whether in context or not.

Please take note of Standard Rule #1.  This rule, while not a unanimously-held view on f.ds, is standard in all of my games.  Please respect it.  Thank you.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: December 14, 2015, 02:05:21 pm »

Ooohhhh.  What caused that then?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: December 14, 2015, 02:14:02 pm »

and I'm awake!

... and like 3 pages of posts again. man you guys are so active. catching up again.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: December 14, 2015, 02:16:35 pm »

One thing I didn't really give full consideration to is that now we can ask Faust/WW for their results on future days and look for inconsistencies or possible lies. So even if one is likely to be lying, we don't have to decide that today. We can look for other scum. e and Yuma brought these points up after I pushed for us to lynch one of them yesterday. It makes sense.

Ya I didn't really consider this either. I guess waiting a day or so doesn't hurt the most. but Now I have to think about who to lynch again... annoying.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: December 14, 2015, 02:17:02 pm »

FWIW, this is the first time it's been this hard to get wagons going, that I can remember. This is not a result of long days, because we've had plenty of long days before on f.ds without this problem.

Ya this game is weird for some reason.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: December 14, 2015, 02:18:15 pm »

So in fact I was doing the complete opposite of you! Voting for my read and using my voice to pressure. That is townie.
FINE.

vote: Egor

Hydrad, you need to start contributing to the game!!!
Get out here and say something useful!

That better?

PPE.  No, no I didn't.  Other people went berserk over a completely innocent change of vote.

ahhhh i'm trying! apologies!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: December 14, 2015, 02:20:00 pm »

Haddock feels scummy to me on a gut level. In the recent fight, he comes off a bit like Ichimaru, and I always found him scummy, so who knows. Would have to reread for more detailed thoughts.

We should really lynch WW though. Carthage has to be destroyed.

I'm still willing if we can get more people with it. But its starting to look like thats not going to happen.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: December 14, 2015, 02:23:02 pm »

It's a mitigating factor, not enough to be a pass for me. I would guess that about 1 of the three scum (assuming a single team) did nothing. Hydrad could also be a ninja.

I'm just so sneaky!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: December 14, 2015, 02:31:38 pm »

gah WW's last few posts are making me start to think hes towny though.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: December 14, 2015, 02:34:20 pm »

which specifically? numbers work if if quoting is hard. the last few might not be the same for you in your review as they are for us who are caught up.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: December 14, 2015, 02:56:43 pm »

which specifically? numbers work if if quoting is hard. the last few might not be the same for you in your review as they are for us who are caught up.

Hmm I guess ones like 2171.

Not necessarily for content but I'm just starting to feel like it was a real breadcrumb instead of one that he looked back on his posts and thought oh that could work.

It could still be a breadcrumb that scum!WW planned but I feel thats less likely then if town!WW did it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #2196 on: December 14, 2015, 03:13:00 pm »

So for now, my lynch pool is {Haddock, Hydrad, Ampharos, Teproc, EgorK, RR}

At this point I am pretty much down to {haddock, teproc, egork}

Hydrad is behaving like hydrad. Which I think is townie.

Ampharos is tunneling, which is basically what we lynched awaclus for yesterday. I just think some of the reason people are uncomfortable with Ampharos is style, and right now I think he is being useful enough not to lynch. Maintaining strong reads is useful later for analysis. (I do want to know who he thinks WW's partners are).

And I am not going to really pursue RR anymore today because there is zero momentum there and don't think it is useful to waste breathe there.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: December 14, 2015, 03:13:45 pm »

I for one specifically remember seeing that post and having my ears perk up a bit. I contemplated commenting on it as it seemed so random and out of the blue, but ultimately ended up not... not necessarily because I thought it was a breadcrumb... I tend to not look for those sort of things as town (as mafia certainly I do)... but because I didn't really think it signified anything but a read that he had.

I don't know what that means if anything. But one thing to note is that if hydrad is town, I think scum!WW is slightly less likely to just put out a townread on someone like that.

One thing to look at is if there was maybe a post that came before that that WW might have seen and forced a townread on, but that generally requires some sort of instigation, a post that hydrad made to make WW think that way... otherwise I don't see scum him putting down a townread out of the blue like that. The only argument was that he anticipated needing a breadcrumb... and well that is just illogical. Scum doesn't do that. I have never done that.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: December 14, 2015, 03:14:48 pm »

So for now, my lynch pool is {Haddock, Hydrad, Ampharos, Teproc, EgorK, RR}
Hydrad is behaving like hydrad. Which I think is townie.

That doesn't really add-up. "Hydrad is Hydrad" means null at best.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: December 14, 2015, 03:18:59 pm »

Is there any way around a non-WW/Faust lynch? I don't like lynching either of them, but a flip would be sooooo good for the town.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.