Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 322018 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1050 on: December 04, 2015, 01:44:49 pm »

YPG is not an acceptable nickname for someone whose username does not include the letters Y, P or G.

Ok, there's p in there but it's not even a P sound.

what? you're wrong. YPG is a great nickname.

I agree. If 2.7 can be called e than YPG works too.

goodness back in the day mcmcsalot was called mom salon because everyone's phones kept autocorrecting it and it stuck.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: December 04, 2015, 01:45:48 pm »

YPG -> Yuppie G

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 04, 2015, 01:49:04 pm »

Ampharos, on the other hand, confuses me. It always reminds me of Amorphis.

Right, given all the games of f.ds mafia they've played in, it must be pretty annoying.

It's a bad nickname in a mafia context because it's an acronym referring to an avatar. There's no way you'd be able to guess that without context, and what if he changes his avatar ? I guess it's fine in this game because it's been discussed, but if it becomes a thing it's going to have to be very confusing to anyone who hasn't played with Ampharos before.

All of which is pretty unimportant though. Anyone want to lynch e ?

PPE : E=2.7 is something you can understand though. I'm horrible at math and did not know what it was, but when I saw someoneuse it I looked at the player list, google 2.7etc. and got it. Can't do that with YPG.

momsalon was a similarly bad nickname, though at least it resembled the name. No one was using it by the time I got here though, s I never got to rant about it.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 04, 2015, 01:55:58 pm »

Okay, since I'm at L-2 right now, let me just say that I understand Day 1 is basically a shot in the dark.  I completely get that someone's gotta bite the bullet, and since scum seemingly did a good job hiding today (our wagons! they do nothing!), I am willing to be that person if I have to be.  It won't be the biggest blow to town if I go, and really you all have more experience playing with each other than I do.  I'd like to keep playing, but if that's not in the cards for this game, well, there's always next.  Today's been long enough for me to get my fill in anyways, haha  ;D

Basically, if we can't find someone we think is scum, you can lynch me if you want.  I'm not going to be super thrilled, but I understand someone's gotta go down, and there are worse people to lose than I.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: December 04, 2015, 02:01:32 pm »

Okay sure

Vote: e

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: December 04, 2015, 02:01:49 pm »

Teproc, what do you think of Faust?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: December 04, 2015, 02:07:12 pm »

I just think that every nickname works as soon as people use it. if he changes his avatar, sweet. that will likely cause funny conversations in the future.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: December 04, 2015, 02:08:08 pm »

Nothing decisive, but leaning town. Certainly not in my lynchpool today.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 04, 2015, 02:09:06 pm »

while we're at it, how is WW towny?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: December 04, 2015, 02:11:30 pm »

I'm town, which is much more important than being townie.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 04, 2015, 02:11:57 pm »

My track record reading WW is awful, at least on day 1. He hasn't done anything out of the ordinary, so he's null to me.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 04, 2015, 02:12:29 pm »

hmmmm hm.... unvote and I am not into a 2.7 lynch.

For starters the guy has died Night1 both times he played recently. maybe that isn't a very good reason to not lynch someone (and he could still die Night1) but I feel bad and would need a compelling argument, which I haven't really seen. I guess defending me with completely legitimate reasons isn't enough for me to want to lynch someone.

is egorK still an option?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 04, 2015, 02:13:33 pm »

yeah, I mostly don't like e because I feel really bad about lynching him if he's town.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: December 04, 2015, 02:14:12 pm »

Right, given all the games of f.ds mafia they've played in, it must be pretty annoying.

It's a bad nickname in a mafia context because it's an acronym referring to an avatar. There's no way you'd be able to guess that without context, and what if he changes his avatar ? I guess it's fine in this game because it's been discussed, but if it becomes a thing it's going to have to be very confusing to anyone who hasn't played with Ampharos before.

PPE : E=2.7 is something you can understand though. I'm horrible at math and did not know what it was, but when I saw someoneuse it I looked at the player list, google 2.7etc. and got it. Can't do that with YPG.

momsalon was a similarly bad nickname, though at least it resembled the name. No one was using it by the time I got here though, s I never got to rant about it.

I disagree with everything unimportant in this post. You can google Ampharos, and you  will find a yellow pokemon, even if Ampharos changes his avatar. That said, I don't like the acronym YPG either. I also don't like the acronyms II, Igu, Igua or Iguanda, but that's all beside the point.

I agree with the actual content of this post. Ampharos is a bad lynch. He's towny, and the fact that he has never played with Yuma, hasn't read previous games, and is saying he doesn't know how to read Yuma is reason to give him slack for trying to push a Yuma lynch, not reason to go after him.

If it was Awaclus OTOH pushing a Yuma lynch, one would expect him to know better. Oh wait, Awaclus was pushing a Yuma lynch.

Everyone is saying they're fine with an Awaclus lynch. Well, I'll say that I like it a lot better than an Ampharos lynch.

Any takers?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: December 04, 2015, 02:14:40 pm »

Alright, I kinda like Iguanda.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: December 04, 2015, 02:18:15 pm »

it's funny because I never realized there was no d in your name.

I for one didn't know that Amorphis was a pokemon, and I'm guessing Teproc didn't either.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: December 04, 2015, 02:19:47 pm »

it's funny because I never realized there was no d in your name.

I for one didn't know that Amorphis was a pokemon, and I'm guessing Teproc didn't either.

Gen 2, the best.  <3

I'm biased.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 04, 2015, 02:20:48 pm »

The Ampharos wagon is a fascinating rollercoaster.

yuma, since when do you ask for permission to vote someone ? Anyway, EgorK has two votes right now.

@iguana : I actually never said Ampharos was a bad lynch. That's where I am right now but I'm not sure, I need to reread him.

I did not realize Ampharos was the pokemon's name (only played the yellow one, sorry), that makes YPG slightly better, though it's still one degree removed.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: December 04, 2015, 02:21:15 pm »

Hm, if we fully believe yuma with his claim it is advantageous for town to use his role. Absent mafia NK it is neutral, but because of mafia NK there is chance that targets would be same, which sways shooting in town favor

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: December 04, 2015, 02:22:46 pm »

Hm, if we fully believe yuma with his claim it is advantageous for town to use his role. Absent mafia NK it is neutral, but because of mafia NK there is chance that targets would be same, which sways shooting in town favor

I highly doubt the math checks out on that, but I'll let the competent people tackle that. faust ? 2.7 ?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: December 04, 2015, 02:23:13 pm »

And also he probably can't kill himself (can you, yuma?) which makes it even better. But we make the game much more variative, so I'd say he should do it only if we lynch town

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 04, 2015, 02:23:41 pm »

hmmmm hm.... unvote and I am not into a 2.7 lynch.

For starters the guy has died Night1 both times he played recently. maybe that isn't a very good reason to not lynch someone (and he could still die Night1) but I feel bad and would need a compelling argument, which I haven't really seen. I guess defending me with completely legitimate reasons isn't enough for me to want to lynch someone.

is egorK still an option?

Everyone is an option!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 04, 2015, 02:24:20 pm »

I disagree with everything unimportant in this post. You can google Ampharos, and you  will find a yellow pokemon, even if Ampharos changes his avatar. That said, I don't like the acronym YPG either. I also don't like the acronyms II, Igu, Igua or Iguanda, but that's all beside the point.

I agree with the actual content of this post. Ampharos is a bad lynch. He's towny, and the fact that he has never played with Yuma, hasn't read previous games, and is saying he doesn't know how to read Yuma is reason to give him slack for trying to push a Yuma lynch, not reason to go after him.

If it was Awaclus OTOH pushing a Yuma lynch, one would expect him to know better. Oh wait, Awaclus was pushing a Yuma lynch.

Everyone is saying they're fine with an Awaclus lynch. Well, I'll say that I like it a lot better than an Ampharos lynch.

Any takers?

Votes speak louder than words.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: December 04, 2015, 02:25:06 pm »

Um.. why do you think this sways it in our favor?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: December 04, 2015, 02:25:09 pm »

Absent mafia NK it is neutral

I really doubt that. Do you have any reason to think it?

There are two aspects that make it differ from neutral. It could only be neutral if they fully balance each other out

- the game is roughly balanced around random death / town death. Increasing the former is good. this makes it better
- the game is intentionally balanced to let scum win with random lynches, because town has reads. this makes it worse.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 20 queries.