Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 321955 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #975 on: December 03, 2015, 10:49:10 pm »

yay yumas back for now!

I'm glad. also I think hes my strongest town read even.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 03, 2015, 10:52:04 pm »

oh wow! that is kinda close to a lynch.

I'll be honest... I am surprised... by two in particular

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 03, 2015, 10:53:55 pm »

Good. Am I correct in assuming you are back yuma ?

If so, let's move on

vote: 2.7

He's trying very, very hard to be reasonable. Everything he says is carefully measured... of course some play this way as town too, and 2.7 certainly isn't the most impulsive player out there, but he's not that measured, not that I can remembered.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 03, 2015, 10:56:49 pm »

I did not expect you to be out this long, and decided that if you continued on that path (as opposed to /outing, which would have been the reasonable option long term if you were still upset), it had to be a ploy capitalizing on that fight, and therefore scum. I also hoped pressure might convince you to come back to the game. As it turns out I just got a bit too impatient.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 03, 2015, 10:59:14 pm »

As for not reading posts... you were not a huge suspect of conversation before you said "post post", so if you want to avoid that, I think everything between your two prodding posts was mostly focused on other things.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 03, 2015, 11:03:06 pm »

I did not expect you to be out this long, and decided that if you continued on that path (as opposed to /outing, which would have been the reasonable option long term if you were still upset), it had to be a ploy capitalizing on that fight, and therefore scum. I also hoped pressure might convince you to come back to the game. As it turns out I just got a bit too impatient.

Hmmm. That makes sense. And to clarify I wasn't upset. I mean... I was initially, but haven't necessarily been this whole time sitting here steaming about it. No. That would be stupid. But I did want to make sure that I could come back, compartmentalize (something just in general in life I have been working on) and regardless of what others said not get sucked into an argument that would make me or others more upset.

I thought that I would stay away until the end of Day1 and come back fresh Day2, but apparently this is the longest day ever--hasn't this game been going for like a week and a half already?--and I got bored and missed mafia and decided I felt comfortable coming back.

I felt this option was preferable to outing and to creating a "circle jerk" in the thread as someone else once so eloquently put it....

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 03, 2015, 11:03:53 pm »

As for not reading posts... you were not a huge suspect of conversation before you said "post post", so if you want to avoid that, I think everything between your two prodding posts was mostly focused on other things.

Ok. Good to know. I am still probably not going to go back and read it....

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 03, 2015, 11:05:33 pm »

I thought that I would stay away until the end of Day1 and come back fresh Day2, but apparently this is the longest day ever--hasn't this game been going for like a week and a half already?--and I got bored and missed mafia and decided I felt comfortable coming back.

Deadline is december 8th and wagons have been... a challenge this game. Let's get one going on e ! He's been defending you very scummily.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 03, 2015, 11:07:22 pm »

Deadline is december 8th and wagons have been... a challenge this game. Let's get one going on e ! He's been defending you very scummily.

Defending the IC is not scummy
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 03, 2015, 11:08:51 pm »

You jest, but it really is.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 03, 2015, 11:37:32 pm »

What's wrong with the 'that kind of jerk' guy?

He ruined one of Faust's games by sharing the identity of the mafia with everyone else playing.

Haha, I hadn't thought about that game in a while. Good times.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 03, 2015, 11:39:01 pm »

Good. Am I correct in assuming you are back yuma ?

If so, let's move on

vote: 2.7

He's trying very, very hard to be reasonable. Everything he says is carefully measured... of course some play this way as town too, and 2.7 certainly isn't the most impulsive player out there, but he's not that measured, not that I can remembered.

I don't think that's true. The stuff around his post count and PoE does not strike me as carefully measured at all. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 03, 2015, 11:39:21 pm »

You jest, but it really is.

This, however, is true.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 03, 2015, 11:41:32 pm »

So, I think (whether or not you intended it) you created quite a bit of content.  Want to analyze your wagon?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: December 03, 2015, 11:46:57 pm »

Unvote
This feels too much like the opposite of Switch to me, which would make Yuma town.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #990 on: December 04, 2015, 12:22:37 am »

Awaclus - I kind of like an Awaclus lynch.  Especially after seeing the post count, plus that one yuma vote I find super scummy.

Do you also find my yuma vote in Switch and my silver vote in Random super scummy?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: December 04, 2015, 04:48:58 am »

Hmmm. That makes sense. And to clarify I wasn't upset. I mean... I was initially, but haven't necessarily been this whole time sitting here steaming about it. No. That would be stupid. But I did want to make sure that I could come back, compartmentalize (something just in general in life I have been working on) and regardless of what others said not get sucked into an argument that would make me or others more upset.

I felt this option was preferable to outing and to creating a "circle jerk" in the thread as someone else once so eloquently put it....

Well um. See, I have two problems with this. Firstly, if what you said was what you intended to do, that's fine. But your original post does not say it is. For all we knew, you were going to stay like this for the rest of the game. I know you were maybe too emotional to clarify then, but you could have easily done so in your 2 posts after that.

And secondly, I am not sure how much use you are to town if you come back here, but refuse to scumhunt (scumhunting kinda necessitates reading everything).
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: December 04, 2015, 05:27:40 am »

Yuma could be scum here.  He's been known to pull crazy gambits to avoid a lynch.  The timing of his return is also suspicious.  But there was no vote pressure on him when he dropped out; I think there are better lynches today.

I'm going to take a look at e; he slipped under my radar until recently.  His recent stuff seems scummy to me but I don't want to judge too soon.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: December 04, 2015, 05:28:29 am »

Vote Count 1.10:

Ampharos (4): ss, Hydrad, WW, 2.7
EgorK (2): iguana, Haddock
yuma (3): Awaclus, faust, Ampharos
2.7 (2): EgorK, Teproc

Not Voting (2): yuma, RR

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on December 8 at 9:00 a.m. forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: December 04, 2015, 05:49:53 am »

I'm going to take a look at e; he slipped under my radar until recently.  His recent stuff seems scummy to me but I don't want to judge too soon.
Meh.  Not much to get out of this.  Most of his posts are well-crafted in that they're not really alignment tells either way.  Maybe that's a scumtell?  But bleh. 

I could maybe vote for Ampharos, except that at least two of the votes on Ampharos are scumreads for me (ss and Hydrad) - so I don't like that.

Then again all of the wagons have some sort of mild scumread on them, except the one I'm currently on.

There are no current wagons I want to move to.  I agree we need to get the game going.  Don't know if this will help but here's my lynch pool:

2.7 - scummy recently
Ampharos - I can kinda see where people are coming from, could possibly lynch.  But many of the people pushing him are also on my lynchable list.
Awa - classic town!Awa as far as I can see.
Egor - hasn't said much of note recently.   Scummy at first and keeps pushing obv!town!RR.  Plus gut.
faust - I need to reread faust.  But mislynching faust of all people could be a disaster.  He would be at the bottom of my lynchable list probably.
Haddock
Hydrad - Lurky as usual, and his contributions are often fluff rather than being helpful like they usually are.
Igu - towny.
RR - towny.
SS - Still getting scum vibes from SS, maybe it's just because D1 SS is different to rest-of-time SS.
Teproc - towny.
WW - totally null.  There are better lynches.
yuma - His disappearing act was suspicious, but in contrast is his claim which I still have trouble not believing.  I could lynch him if there were no other option.

So from scummiest to least scummy (of my lynchables):
Egor=SS   >  Hydrad  >  2.7=Amp  >  yuma  >>  faust.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: December 04, 2015, 06:36:56 am »

So, I think (whether or not you intended it) you created quite a bit of content.  Want to analyze your wagon?

If someone wants to analyze it I can analyze their analysis.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: December 04, 2015, 06:42:11 am »

Well um. See, I have two problems with this. Firstly, if what you said was what you intended to do, that's fine. But your original post does not say it is. For all we knew, you were going to stay like this for the rest of the game. I know you were maybe too emotional to clarify then, but you could have easily done so in your 2 posts after that.

And secondly, I am not sure how much use you are to town if you come back here, but refuse to scumhunt (scumhunting kinda necessitates reading everything).

I could have been more clear I guess. But given that I wasn't paying any attention to the thread aside from making sure I wasn't mod killed so I didn't know there was a need for a clarification. Catch-22...

And not reading the stuff after I left was a condition that I made for myself to return. Deal with it? Think of me as a sub for myself. I have subbed into games stating that I wouldn't be reading anything that occurred before I came in. That was a condition of me playing. Same deal here.

So if you want me to see something... Post it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: December 04, 2015, 07:07:57 am »

Why did you come back?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: December 04, 2015, 07:13:41 am »

And I have to realize again that I cannot read yuma. He was way easier to read when there was nothing to read.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 04, 2015, 07:18:33 am »

Haddock, you say "classic town!awa". What traits are town for him? What are scum?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.