Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 321927 times)

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #850 on: December 02, 2015, 06:36:50 pm »

Pretty sure I'm at least at 4.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 02, 2015, 06:37:49 pm »

I don't really know any more.  Everyone and their mom has been on and off this about 6 times.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 02, 2015, 06:43:07 pm »

Its just silver and faust. WW and 2.7 moved off, both to Awaclus.

Looking at the whole game, those and iguana have voted for you.

So, when you say scum is on your wagon, who do you find scummy among those 4 ? faust obviously, who else ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 02, 2015, 06:46:56 pm »

fwiw I don't get the most town vibes from faust here.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 02, 2015, 06:47:35 pm »

but I don't buy the case. I think faust just doesn't want to be in leading position every game. I don't necessarily understand why, but this seems to be the natural consequence. I don't give him scum points for it.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: December 02, 2015, 07:35:31 pm »

There is stiff competition on the scummiest scumster award.

Weird, I feel the exact opposite.

Well, uh, that wasn't completely serious. I just happen to think now that Egor is a bit townier and thus I reverted back to Ampharos and tried to be funny. It doesn't always work out.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 02, 2015, 09:29:03 pm »

fwiw I don't get the most town vibes from faust here.

I don't either, but I don't get strong scum vibes.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: December 02, 2015, 10:49:27 pm »

Uh oh. RR is lurking...
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 02, 2015, 10:51:27 pm »

I need to get back home and use my computer to go back and take a proper look at faust, but I could possibly go for a faust experiment.

I still like both ampharos and awaclus over him right now though. I will look later at faust
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 02, 2015, 10:56:37 pm »

Vote Count 1.8:

iguanaiguana (1): Hydrad
silverspawn (1): Haddock
Witherweaver (1): Awaclus
Ampharos (3): 2.7, WW, ss
faust (1): Ampharos
EgorK (3): iguana, faust, RR
RR (1): EgorK
Hydrad (1): Teproc

Not Voting (1): yuma

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on December 8 at 9:00 a.m. forum time.

This is bad. All those people who are the only person voting for someone, I would really love to hear why.

We need more wagons. I love your individual opinions, but we have to do something. Put a bite on your second best or something.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 02, 2015, 10:58:23 pm »

I love your individual opinions, but we have to do something. Put a bite* on your second best or something.

*vote

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 02, 2015, 11:05:53 pm »

But I mean, ampharos. Really. His fascination with people voting for him is interestingTM.

Like, he has never had a real serious wagon on him, yet he thinks he does. I mean, not knowing how many people are voting you....townie? Scummy? I mean, I would expect an experienced player to have better situational awareness. Maybe it is just different on other forums. That or people lynch super fast and you can't start defending too soon

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 02, 2015, 11:11:14 pm »

But I mean, ampharos. Really. His fascination with people voting for him is interestingTM.

Like, he has never had a real serious wagon on him, yet he thinks he does. I mean, not knowing how many people are voting you....townie? Scummy? I mean, I would expect an experienced player to have better situational awareness. Maybe it is just different on other forums. That or people lynch super fast and you can't start defending too soon
He's doing exactly what I do.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 03, 2015, 03:41:20 am »

Vote: amp
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 03, 2015, 04:08:00 am »

All right, I tried to covince you all, but failed to do so. I still believe RR is scumiest here, but I'll investigate others here. What exact case on Amph is here?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: December 03, 2015, 04:57:08 am »

Vote Count 1.9:

silverspawn (1): Haddock
Ampharos (3): ss, faust, Hydrad
faust (1): Ampharos
EgorK (3): iguana, RR, Teproc
RR (1): EgorK
yuma (1): Awaclus
Awaclus (2): WW, 2.7

Not Voting (1): yuma

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on December 8 at 9:00 a.m. forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 03, 2015, 05:41:10 am »

Does WW usually throw his vote around this much? Wait I'm confusing faust's avatar with WW's.  Fail.  Forget that.

This is bad. All those people who are the only person voting for someone, I would really love to hear why.
Because I'm slow, that's it.  I'm going to be changing my vote this post now that I'm mostly caught up.

I still find SS a bit scummy here, but maybe less so now.  I think the main reason he felt different to me is because in JK++ he didn't push anyone hard at all unless he had really good reason.  Here he has been pushing people (particularly igu, and in fact carried on pushing him subtly even after having claimed to have dropped it) with barely any good reason at all.  But really this could just be a D1 thing, there wasn't really a D1 in JK so in later days there was always more to go on and better reasons to push people.

Awa is still more towny than not, to my mind.  Faust is completely null. I'm starting to get the same scumfeels as some people on Ampharos, but he's not my favourite.
I could vote: Hydrad - he's always lurky but usually his contributions are helpful and the ones I've seen haven't been this game.  But I'd be alone in that, and anyway I think I actually prefer vote: Egor here after all.  Stuff:

Also someone said (was it WW?) that 3rd game with someone is the moment you understand their meta most. Well, it's my 3rd game with RR
Mine too.  And I'm getting towniness off him.  I think that this:
Yuma already said that he thinks he is different here (or at least I infered that from his words, that game had not been finished at the time)

To me it is that more damning. In HP RR tried to emulate his town meta from 2 games he played before. That did not work out and he was lynched D2. It is logical to think "Ok, that does not work for scum!me. Let's change things a bit"
is the weakest thing ever.  This argument only works at all if you assume a priori that RR is scum.  Otherwise he could just be town, being towny old him again.

While I don't see scum pushing for a mislynch this blatantly, I am reminded of something someone said to me in a Mafia QT for Switch:  Push your partners a bit, but for rubbish reasons.  Then you're not really at risk of getting your partner lynched but you look good in retrospect if one of you gets lynched.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 03, 2015, 05:41:50 am »

My Egor vote is there but maybe easy to miss. For ash's sake: vote: Egor
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 03, 2015, 05:43:38 am »

To be clear.  Obviously that reason makes no sense if I think RR is town. 
I do think RR is a little bit towny, but I'm not at all sold.  And Egor is scummy independently of the above stuff - that was just a thought I had.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 03, 2015, 06:02:57 am »

with barely any good reason at all.

if by 'barely any good reason' you mean the best case that has been made this game

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: December 03, 2015, 06:03:51 am »

I could see myself lynching haddock. I got  lots and lots of town vibes in JK and get none here at all.

any thoughts?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 03, 2015, 06:22:57 am »

So, now I am scum because I am lurky, because I am too active, because I am pushing obv!town RR and because I am busing him. Nice!

I want to read e though. He is correct that a lot of single votes bad for town. Well, actually they are not bad by themselves, but by lack of pushing cases behind them. On the other hand people may be swayed to vote either me or Amph here or otherwise be antitown. And I am town while Amph seems null at worst. Need to read what else e did this game. I would even vote: e because RR case isn't happening now

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 03, 2015, 07:35:53 am »

True, you're right.  I failed to be aware of how many people had switched their vote off me, and assumed that since the two that revoted me said they liked this "wagon", I assumed I was within a few of lynch.  Additionally, you're correct in different forums playing differently; the two I played on earlier had days that were typically 2-3 days long total, and votes flew pretty quickly. 

But, that said, I like the response to my post.  People are actually starting to at least look at faust, and though they aren't necessarily seeing him as scummy, they're at least looking at him.  Maybe a little strong reaction from time to time isn't all bad. 

Mainly, I just wanted to reiterate that people should at least look at him if I didn't get the chance to say more today (i.e. lynched overnight).

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 03, 2015, 07:40:10 am »

I no longer am super duper happy with the Egor lynch. Who would I be okay to lynch, you might ask? Here it is, from scummiest to towniest.
Amaphoros
Iguanaiguana?
Egor
Yuma
Hydrad
Roadrunner
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 03, 2015, 07:40:43 am »

Its just silver and faust. WW and 2.7 moved off, both to Awaclus.

Looking at the whole game, those and iguana have voted for you.

So, when you say scum is on your wagon, who do you find scummy among those 4 ? faust obviously, who else ?

There's the potential for WW to be scum this game.  I'm not going to come down hard either way on that one, since I don't have a strong read on him.

Silver reads very town to me, with a slight chance of scum.  I'm not worried about his vote in any case since he changes it all the time.

2.7 seems to be town.  He reads like a townie who just joined the game late. 

I believe I made this statement in order for people to look at faust, and then also to predict that other scum might jump on the wagon in it's mid to late stages. 
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.