Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 323827 times)

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #800 on: December 02, 2015, 09:42:41 am »

Forget meta for a time. What do you think about his reaction on my case?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #801 on: December 02, 2015, 09:46:38 am »

So you were serious? In that case,

No way we're not lynching someone who isn't playing towards the win con they claimed.

Applies to claimed survivors, SKs and town. Vote: yuma.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 02, 2015, 09:47:48 am »

No way we're not lynching someone who isn't playing towards the win con they claimed.

I will support a yuma lynch if he continues on this path, but in the meantime, who do you think is scum ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 02, 2015, 09:48:13 am »

Lame.

Vote: Awaclus

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 02, 2015, 09:49:08 am »

Forget meta for a time. What do you think about his reaction on my case?

Nothing strikes me as scummy.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 02, 2015, 09:51:05 am »

Actually I want something from Yuma here.

Since you were one of the RR tunnelers in HPII where he was scum, what do you think of him here?

Yuma already said that he thinks he is different here (or at least I infered that from his words, that game had not been finished at the time)

To me it is that more damning. In HP RR tried to emulate his town meta from 2 games he played before. That did not work out and he was lynched D2. It is logical to think "Ok, that does not work for scum!me. Let's change things a bit"

Blah!!! That case is so vague it makes my ears hurt!

Please! People! Use evidence!
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 02, 2015, 09:51:33 am »

Ampharos, what is your case on faust ?

I am of the opinion he has not been of much help to town this game, and is instead playing peanut gallery (distractor/look useful).  He and I had a brief conversation about this (obviously he disagrees with me), but no one else is talking this over with me.  The most I'm getting is "well, people must not agree with you".  What I want to know is why people don't agree with me, other than the unspoken "fact" that they don't.  The more I don't receive any conversation about this, the more I suspect him.

Ok. As I think I've established, I don't think not receiving conversation should make you more suspicious of him, but fine.

As for your main point. I see you describing faust's play this game pretty accurately, but I fail to see what's scummy about it. I guess I disagree that faust has not been much help to town this game. Short posts are just fine if they advance the game, and faust has been making relevant comments and votes. I'm not sure what more do you want.

If there's a meta part to your argument, ie "faust is usually a town leader but here's he's on the sidelines", well it's more that the "town leader" playstyle gets tiring to keep up after a while, and in fact scum!faust would feel more obligated to emulate his town meta.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 02, 2015, 09:53:51 am »

Actually I want something from Yuma here.

Since you were one of the RR tunnelers in HPII where he was scum, what do you think of him here?

Yuma already said that he thinks he is different here (or at least I infered that from his words, that game had not been finished at the time)

To me it is that more damning. In HP RR tried to emulate his town meta from 2 games he played before. That did not work out and he was lynched D2. It is logical to think "Ok, that does not work for scum!me. Let's change things a bit"

Blah!!! That case is so vague it makes my ears hurt!

Please! People! Use evidence!

My case has more argument since then. See how his first reaction on my case was putting me as top town read (scum tell), then trying to find way to renege on that, and then finally finding it and voting on me. It screams newbie scum, no?

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 02, 2015, 09:54:45 am »

Ampharos, what is your case on faust ?

I am of the opinion he has not been of much help to town this game, and is instead playing peanut gallery (distractor/look useful).  He and I had a brief conversation about this (obviously he disagrees with me), but no one else is talking this over with me.  The most I'm getting is "well, people must not agree with you".  What I want to know is why people don't agree with me, other than the unspoken "fact" that they don't.  The more I don't receive any conversation about this, the more I suspect him.

Ok. As I think I've established, I don't think not receiving conversation should make you more suspicious of him, but fine.

As for your main point. I see you describing faust's play this game pretty accurately, but I fail to see what's scummy about it. I guess I disagree that faust has not been much help to town this game. Short posts are just fine if they advance the game, and faust has been making relevant comments and votes. I'm not sure what more do you want.

If there's a meta part to your argument, ie "faust is usually a town leader but here's he's on the sidelines", well it's more that the "town leader" playstyle gets tiring to keep up after a while, and in fact scum!faust would feel more obligated to emulate his town meta.

Thank you, this is the type of stuff I was looking for.   :)  It really helps me think through my own thoughts on faust and shows me that others are doing the same. 

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 02, 2015, 09:55:39 am »

But that's not a good policy. A survivor who plays for the town wincon is way better for town than a survivor who plays for the survivor wincon.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: December 02, 2015, 09:59:52 am »

So, being labeled as "Unusually active" and "Crazy lurking" within several posts is funny

Anyway, let's look at RR some more. I played 2 games with him, and I am not sure, but they are probably only his games on this site. Both times he was town, both times he played drastically different from this game. It may be that he just decided to mix it up, but it may be that because he is scum he feels more responsible and, hence, his essay and other stuff. Much less votes/unvotes (actually, only Awa), much less talking about how we should kill somebody/should not.

Vote: RR

Egor has got to be joking.

I look town to most people, that's good.
If Amaphoros (I dropped the nickname) is scum, I think his partner is Teproc.

What else? Oh yes, a list of who seems towny to me:
EgorK
Iguana(?)
Faust
Hydrad
2.7(?)
I guess that's it. Everyone else is pretty null.

I think he means Pre-SATs (scholastic aptitude tests?). The SAT is a common test that high schoolers take for a big part of their college resume. The PSAT is usually taken by high school freshman to give them an idea of how well they will do when they are older.

Roadrunner's probably gunna get like a 2200.
As flattered as I am, they were really tough. I know I missed at least three problems.

But I'm home now, so back to Mafia!
If EgorK was scum, he wouldn't vote for me. He'd rather fly under the radar and not get noticed so much.

Vote: EgorK
It seems like he's using reverse reverse psychology. He doesn't seem sincere anymore.

Maybe I'll post a useless essay on him. After all, I need to get my post count up after all my lurking.

So this is the evolution EgorK's talking about. I'll take a look at HP to see what scum!RR looks like, but this seems like a pretty natural progression of events to me.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 02, 2015, 10:03:11 am »

But that's not a good policy. A survivor who plays for the town wincon is way better for town than a survivor who plays for the survivor wincon.

You're just bitter you got Survivorlynched in that bastard game.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #812 on: December 02, 2015, 10:05:41 am »

A survivor who doesn't play for the survivor win con is probably not a survivor.

I will support a yuma lynch if he continues on this path, but in the meantime, who do you think is scum ?

I think yuma is scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 02, 2015, 10:08:29 am »

Sure I am. But I still don't think awaclus' policy makes sense. In what universe is it profitable to lynch a survivor who plays for the town wincon?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #814 on: December 02, 2015, 10:09:57 am »

Sure I am. But I still don't think awaclus' policy makes sense. In what universe is it profitable to lynch a survivor who plays for the town wincon?

A survivor who doesn't play for the survivor win con is probably not a survivor.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 02, 2015, 10:10:33 am »

I'm guessing the idea is that no one should ever be playing against their wincon, so if they appear to be they must be lying. This goes in line with Awaclus saying yuma is scum here.

But then, I'm trying to explain Awaclus' thinking, I should probably expect to be struck by lightning pretty soon.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 02, 2015, 10:10:42 am »

HEy, I got it right ! Do I get a cookie ?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 02, 2015, 10:21:42 am »

Just read RR in Harry Potter... man I'm glad I wasn't in that game. That was a waste of time : RR was very different than he is here but the circumstances were completely different, he was under constant pressure and proceeded to do constant AtE and never talk about anything other than himself.

So he's different here because the circumstances are different, that  doesn't really tell me much about his alignment.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 02, 2015, 10:37:52 am »

Just read RR in Harry Potter... man I'm glad I wasn't in that game. That was a waste of time : RR was very different than he is here but the circumstances were completely different, he was under constant pressure and proceeded to do constant AtE and never talk about anything other than himself.

So he's different here because the circumstances are different, that  doesn't really tell me much about his alignment.

I've read RR in Harry Potter. Your last sentence here summarizes my feelings on him.

I can see someone thinking RR is mildly scummy, but for someone to be so convinced that RR is definitely scum is hard for me to believe. That's partly why Egor has been giving me scum vibes.

Thank you for collecting his case, though. That helps.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 02, 2015, 11:58:10 am »

vote: Awaclus

I think his position on yuma is taking advantage of the situation we have with yuma.

I am interested how the yuma situation develops, but I don't see what he is doing as a scum tell
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 02, 2015, 12:09:56 pm »

I think his position on yuma is taking advantage of the situation we have with yuma.

I am interested how the yuma situation develops, but I don't see what he is doing as a scum tell

My primary concern is not so much that yuma is scum (I don't think he is) but that he claimed appropriately and will use his random kill at night, likely hitting town. 

If he didn't have that ability, I'd say let sleeping dogs lie.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 02, 2015, 12:12:55 pm »

My primary concern is not so much that yuma is scum (I don't think he is) but that he claimed appropriately and will use his random kill at night, likely hitting town. 

So you are saying we should kill Yuma because he got a bad role, which he has told everyone that he is not going to use, before he ever gets a chance to not use it?

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 02, 2015, 12:14:20 pm »

So you are saying we should kill Yuma because he got a bad role, which he has told everyone that he is not going to use, before he ever gets a chance to not use it?

I'm saying we need to decide if this is a big enough threat to town to deal with now, or if we want to let it sit and see what happens.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 02, 2015, 12:15:35 pm »

I'm saying we need to decide if this is a big enough threat to town to deal with now, or if we want to let it sit and see what happens.

Why are you even talking about lynching someone that you think is probably town? Isn't this a big enough mess already?

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 02, 2015, 12:19:58 pm »

Additionally, if he's actually pissed off and is not just making a gambit, he could go back on his previous "I'm not going to use this" statement, as a "screw you" to us all.  That's what I'm worried about.

3 possibilities:

1) Yuma is town, told the truth about his role, is mad, and will not use the power at night.  Moderate probability; neutral for town.
2) Yuma is town, told the truth about his role, is mad, and will use the power at night.  Moderate probability; bad for town.
3) Yuma is town, lied about his role, is mad, and has no power to use at night.  Low probability (doesn't make sense); neutral for town.
4) Yuma is scum and is attempting a gambit.  Low probability (very dangerous to pull off, especially day 1); bad for town.

Now, even though there's not a whole lot town gets from keeping him alive given these 4 scenarios, we don't really gain much on killing him.  If we lynch him, and he's town, what did we learn?  Mostly that some people pissed him off and may or may not be scum.  We also learn a little bit about everyone based on how they treat this situation.

So basically, we have to decide if he's a big enough threat, given possibilities 2 and 4, or if we go for someone we think is more scummy/will give us more info.

PPE
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.