Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 322164 times)

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #775 on: December 02, 2015, 09:18:58 am »

Do you sheep faust or have your own reasons? If later, what are they?

Help me out with what sheep means - I either forgot or was never told.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 02, 2015, 09:20:01 am »

if A votes for B and that makes you also vote for B, then you are sheeping A.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 02, 2015, 09:20:33 am »

Agreeing to arguments/deferring to judgment of someone else without presenting additional arguments

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 02, 2015, 09:20:57 am »

You know what IS scummy?  The fact that no matter how much I ask people about you or other people mention you as possible scum, no discussion ever comes of it?  It's impossible to get anything started on you and there's a possible explanation why: your more vocal scum partners are leaving you entirely alone.

That is not scummy. If there were actual reasons to find me scummy, it would be. But all you offered so far is:

Basically, I want you to know why I'm voting for you but am having a hard time finding the correct words.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 02, 2015, 09:21:56 am »

Your tunneling looks to me like posturing. Tunneling on someone who has very little chance to get lynched is a pretty nice way to spend your day 1 as scum, as you don't have to engage in the dirty business of a mislynch, or meaningful interactions with anyone.

Also, I suspet scum is glad of how this day is going so far, with no wagons forming, so I'd expect them to be in the pile of individual votes.

PPE : I don't know that, but it's a safe assumption to make in a 13 player game. Could be 4 if we're talking multiball, but then your case is even weaker because faust ony has one parter. Will adress your main point in a second.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: December 02, 2015, 09:23:18 am »

Your tunneling looks to me like posturing. Tunneling on someone who has very little chance to get lynched is a pretty nice way to spend your day 1 as scum, as you don't have to engage in the dirty business of a mislynch, or meaningful interactions with anyone.

Also, I suspet scum is glad of how this day is going so far, with no wagons forming, so I'd expect them to be in the pile of individual votes.

PPE : I don't know that, but it's a safe assumption to make in a 13 player game. Could be 4 if we're talking multiball, but then your case is even weaker because faust ony has one parter. Will adress your main point in a second.

But do you have anything to say about my case on the merits?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 02, 2015, 09:23:44 am »

I mean, my case on RR

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 02, 2015, 09:24:00 am »

Thanks, guys.

PPE: All I see is that for whatever reason, you aren't drawing attention.  Really at all.  The most I've seen from other people besides Iguana is "idk about faust, he might be scummy".  Combine that with how I'm reading you so far, and it really makes me wary. 

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 02, 2015, 09:24:46 am »

I'd say it is critical to realize who you've tried to wagon and that no one has bitten.  It's either because there's a consensus that that person is town, or because for whatever reason, people do not want to lynch or vote or discuss them.   Just as I'm doing with Faust, I'd encourage you to do with Hydrad if you think he might be scum.  Push the issue, make noise, really work it and if you don't get any results, ask yourself why that is.

It's not either or. It means people don't particularly think faust is scum. You're free to argue that he is and try to convince us, that's be great actually, but all you're doing here is delving into conspiracy theories. If you're convinced faust is scum, fine, try and convince us. But seeing people ignoring your case is not evidence that it's a good case.

You mention the pssibility of "for whatever reason, people do not want to lynch or vote or discuss them". What exactly would that reason be ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 02, 2015, 09:26:46 am »

Thanks, guys.

PPE: All I see is that for whatever reason, you aren't drawing attention.  Really at all.  The most I've seen from other people besides Iguana is "idk about faust, he might be scummy".  Combine that with how I'm reading you so far, and it really makes me wary.

Well, I can't remember the last time I had a serious D1 wagon. People just seem to not do that (this is independent of my alignment btw). So I don't really see why it would be scummy here if it's the same as always.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 02, 2015, 09:27:04 am »

I mean, my case on RR

It's based on meta, correct ? I'm not familiar on RR's meta, so I don't disagree on those grounds, I just find him to fit the bill of (relative) newbie!town, as I explained earlier. Specifically he had a big post in the middle of the week-end when nothing was happening that I don't think (relative) newbie!scum would make.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 02, 2015, 09:27:29 am »

Another thing to take into account is that we have a very dangerous threat from Yuma: auto lynch anyone at L-1 when he's on. 

This is essentially the equivalent of a scum quick-hammer, except I believe Yuma to be town, which makes it even worse.  If we can't come up with anyone solid to lynch, I would be okay removing him from the game in his current state, since it is of negative town usefullness.  It's not a very good lynch since most of us seem to believe him town and we wouldn't get a ton of info from it, but I have seen scum do this turtling thing before, pretending to be hurt and really just hiding.  It is a possibility to consider if we cannot agree on another solid target.

Vote: Ampharos

even though I probably am already.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 02, 2015, 09:30:04 am »

yuma, this is day 1. If you really don't want to play this game, ask to be replaced out. Not this though.

To be clear, the ideal solution would be to, you know, play. But this nonsense is not cool.

Just put someone at L-1, and Yuma will come back.  Problem solved.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 02, 2015, 09:30:27 am »

I'd say it is critical to realize who you've tried to wagon and that no one has bitten.  It's either because there's a consensus that that person is town, or because for whatever reason, people do not want to lynch or vote or discuss them.   Just as I'm doing with Faust, I'd encourage you to do with Hydrad if you think he might be scum.  Push the issue, make noise, really work it and if you don't get any results, ask yourself why that is.

It's not either or. It means people don't particularly think faust is scum. You're free to argue that he is and try to convince us, that's be great actually, but all you're doing here is delving into conspiracy theories. If you're convinced faust is scum, fine, try and convince us. But seeing people ignoring your case is not evidence that it's a good case.

You mention the pssibility of "for whatever reason, people do not want to lynch or vote or discuss them". What exactly would that reason be ?

All I'm saying is that people not wanting to discuss anyone at all makes me see them as more scummy than they previously were.  I keep bringing faust up, and no one engages in conversation about him with me other than faust repeatedly pointing out how my arguments are sooo bad or totally useless.

If I can't convince you to at least look at him (what my goal is), then I can't.  However, until he dies or the game ends and I see what he actually is, I'm going to need some really good evidence to change my vote. 

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 02, 2015, 09:31:06 am »

I mean, my case on RR

It's based on meta, correct ? I'm not familiar on RR's meta, so I don't disagree on those grounds, I just find him to fit the bill of (relative) newbie!town, as I explained earlier. Specifically he had a big post in the middle of the week-end when nothing was happening that I don't think (relative) newbie!scum would make.

My case has more argument since then. See how his first reaction on my case was putting me as top town read (scum tell), then trying to find way to renege on that, and then finally finding it and voting on me. It screams newbie scum, no?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 02, 2015, 09:31:56 am »

Also someone said (was it WW?) that 3rd game with someone is the moment you understand their meta most. Well, it's my 3rd game with RR

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 02, 2015, 09:32:54 am »

I mean, my case on RR

My case has more argument since then. See how his first reaction on my case was putting me as top town read (scum tell), then trying to find way to renege on that, and then finally finding it and voting on me. It screams newbie scum, no?

Interesting (I know). I'll take a look at that.

PPE : That was me.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 02, 2015, 09:33:07 am »

All I'm saying is that people not wanting to discuss anyone at all makes me see them as more scummy than they previously were.  I keep bringing faust up, and no one engages in conversation about him with me other than faust repeatedly pointing out how my arguments are sooo bad or totally useless.

If I can't convince you to at least look at him (what my goal is), then I can't.  However, until he dies or the game ends and I see what he actually is, I'm going to need some really good evidence to change my vote.

If someone keeps bringing up a case against your scum partner, wouldn't you feel obligated to say something about it?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 02, 2015, 09:33:47 am »

Also someone said (was it WW?) that 3rd game with someone is the moment you understand their meta most. Well, it's my 3rd game with RR

I was, actually, criticizing such a thing regarding Ampharos prescribing a town read to Awaclus.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 02, 2015, 09:34:57 am »

If someone keeps bringing up a case against your scum partner, wouldn't you feel obligated to say something about it?

Not if no one is entertaining the idea.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: December 02, 2015, 09:36:06 am »

Ampharos, what is your case on faust ?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 02, 2015, 09:37:48 am »

Actually I want something from Yuma here.

Since you were one of the RR tunnelers in HPII where he was scum, what do you think of him here?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 02, 2015, 09:40:20 am »

Since you were one of the RR tunnelers in HPII where he was scum, what do you think of him here?

Yuma already said that he thinks he is different here (or at least I infered that from his words, that game had not been finished at the time)

To me it is that more damning. In HP RR tried to emulate his town meta from 2 games he played before. That did not work out and he was lynched D2. It is logical to think "Ok, that does not work for scum!me. Let's change things a bit"

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 02, 2015, 09:40:52 am »

Ampharos, what is your case on faust ?

I am of the opinion he has not been of much help to town this game, and is instead playing peanut gallery (distractor/look useful).  He and I had a brief conversation about this (obviously he disagrees with me), but no one else is talking this over with me.  The most I'm getting is "well, people must not agree with you".  What I want to know is why people don't agree with me, other than the unspoken "fact" that they don't.  The more I don't receive any conversation about this, the more I suspect him.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 02, 2015, 09:41:55 am »

Yuma already said that he thinks he is different here (or at least I infered that from his words, that game had not been finished at the time)

To me it is that more damning. In HP RR tried to emulate his town meta from 2 games he played before. That did not work out and he was lynched D2. It is logical to think "Ok, that does not work for scum!me. Let's change things a bit"

His town meta is being weird, so I don't see how he's so outside of it here.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 20 queries.