Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 322076 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #750 on: December 02, 2015, 07:33:24 am »

I'd appreciate if people drop "Nah, RR is obv town here" attitude and rather analyze my arguments at face value
But I am obviously town.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 02, 2015, 07:42:03 am »

Right I can talk about this now.

The reason I voted SS was because he seemed to be behaving very differently to what he was in JK++, where I had a fairly strong townread on him.
I then unvoted because I realised that he might still have been the SK in JK++, I could have just been completely wrong.  I wanted to check that he was town in JK++ before I voted him here for just being different to that.  Obviously if he were scum in JK++ then voting him here for being different would be stupid.

But no, he was town in JK++ and I still think he's being different here (though maybe slightly less so recently).

So vote: ss.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 02, 2015, 07:56:56 am »

Not a fan of the egork lynch right now
That's okay, we only need a simple majority (rounded up).

You need to vote for ampharos

Ok, so I am voting for EgorK. And I haven't seen anything from him in particular that makes me want to unvote yet. But you are saying EgorK is bad, and Ampharos is good. I'd really like to hear your reasoning because as for right now my viewpoint is the complete opposite of this.

Luckily this game has pretty long days, so we are still not in any real risk of the day running out, but it worries me a bit that we are almost a full week into the game and we still haven't seen very much by way of wagons forming.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 02, 2015, 07:57:54 am »

Right I can talk about this now.

The reason I voted SS was because he seemed to be behaving very differently to what he was in JK++, where I had a fairly strong townread on him.
I then unvoted because I realised that he might still have been the SK in JK++, I could have just been completely wrong.  I wanted to check that he was town in JK++ before I voted him here for just being different to that.  Obviously if he were scum in JK++ then voting him here for being different would be stupid.

But no, he was town in JK++ and I still think he's being different here (though maybe slightly less so recently).

So vote: ss.

Eh.............................

Can you be more specific than just "he feels different"?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 02, 2015, 08:02:57 am »

Actually I think we should not prolong day too much. First, I think days where more time is most important is D2 and D3. Also when we'll try to analyze flips D2 we will hate ourselves if D1 was 100 pages. Yes, it should not be 10 pages either, but I think D1 longer that 10 real world days is excessive.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 02, 2015, 08:17:04 am »

Can you be more specific than just "he feels different"?

unfortunately, I think 'he feels different' is the second best case that I've heard so far.

No idea why I feel different, though. I should feel exactly the same.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 02, 2015, 08:19:08 am »

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 02, 2015, 08:19:56 am »

Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 02, 2015, 08:31:40 am »

I am very sad about that as playing with you were generally fun. It is a pity that you decide to victimize yourself here and make game not fun for everyone else. If you do not want to play anymore there is option for sub

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 02, 2015, 08:32:26 am »

Another thing to take into account is that we have a very dangerous threat from Yuma: auto lynch anyone at L-1 when he's on. 

This is essentially the equivalent of a scum quick-hammer, except I believe Yuma to be town, which makes it even worse.  If we can't come up with anyone solid to lynch, I would be okay removing him from the game in his current state, since it is of negative town usefullness.  It's not a very good lynch since most of us seem to believe him town and we wouldn't get a ton of info from it, but I have seen scum do this turtling thing before, pretending to be hurt and really just hiding.  It is a possibility to consider if we cannot agree on another solid target.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 02, 2015, 08:36:03 am »

Another thing to take into account is that we have a very dangerous threat from Yuma: auto lynch anyone at L-1 when he's on. 

This is essentially the equivalent of a scum quick-hammer, except I believe Yuma to be town, which makes it even worse.  If we can't come up with anyone solid to lynch, I would be okay removing him from the game in his current state, since it is of negative town usefullness.  It's not a very good lynch since most of us seem to believe him town and we wouldn't get a ton of info from it, but I have seen scum do this turtling thing before, pretending to be hurt and really just hiding.  It is a possibility to consider if we cannot agree on another solid target.

Also if he hadn't lied about his role (probably) he can cause more harm at night as well

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 02, 2015, 08:37:23 am »

Also if he hadn't lied about his role (probably) he can cause more harm at night as well

Wait, is this saying you believe yuma lied about his role? Why do you think that?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 02, 2015, 08:39:17 am »

if he hadn't lied about his role (probably)

Note that negation. He probably hadn't lied

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 02, 2015, 08:39:47 am »

I didn't even think about this.  Yes, that's vastly more dangerous to town that his quickhammer threat.  Good point.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 02, 2015, 08:42:04 am »

yuma, this is day 1. If you really don't want to play this game, ask to be replaced out. Not this though.

To be clear, the ideal solution would be to, you know, play. But this nonsense is not cool.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: December 02, 2015, 08:46:43 am »

Vote Count 1.8:

iguanaiguana (1): Hydrad
silverspawn (1): Haddock
Witherweaver (1): Awaclus
Ampharos (3): 2.7, WW, ss
faust (1): Ampharos
EgorK (3): iguana, faust, RR
RR (1): EgorK
Hydrad (1): Teproc

Not Voting (1): yuma

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on December 8 at 9:00 a.m. forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 02, 2015, 09:02:07 am »

I am very sad about that as playing with you were generally fun. It is a pity that you decide to victimize yourself here and make game not fun for everyone else. If you do not want to play anymore there is option for sub

This.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 02, 2015, 09:03:58 am »

Egor and Ampharos trying to get the easy yuma lynch strengthens my scumreads here. I think we have good wagons, but they should be larger.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 02, 2015, 09:07:47 am »

Egor and Ampharos trying to get the easy yuma lynch strengthens my scumreads here. I think we have good wagons, but they should be larger.
No.  If I was trying to lynch him I would have voted him.  I brought up this whole discussion, true, but I'm doing it to make town aware of the danger and that we should discuss possible ways to deal with it.

You know what IS scummy?  The fact that no matter how much I ask people about you or other people mention you as possible scum, no discussion ever comes of it?  It's impossible to get anything started on you and there's a possible explanation why: your more vocal scum partners are leaving you entirely alone.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 02, 2015, 09:09:11 am »

You know what IS scummy?  The fact that no matter how much I ask people about you or other people mention you as possible scum, no discussion ever comes of it?  It's impossible to get anything started on you and there's a possible explanation why: your more vocal scum partners are leaving you entirely alone.

So, between "everyone other than me is scum conspiring to not lynch faust" and "people don't agree with me", you're going for the former, huh ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 02, 2015, 09:09:42 am »

But I do not want to lynch yuma. I think he is town. I hope it would be resolved some other way. And besides RR is scum

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 02, 2015, 09:10:55 am »

So, between "everyone other than me is scum conspiring to not lynch faust" and "people don't agree with me", you're going for the former, huh ?

Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying.

My word.  Of course it's not!  Sheesh!  You know FULL WELL that it's harder to lynch scum because their buddies won't typically vote them.  Come on now, have some common sense.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 02, 2015, 09:13:14 am »

vote: EgorK

PPE : You're saying more than that though. Scum is, in your scenario, only 2 people other than faust, in the case of a single scum team. So you're focusing on the fact that those two people must be dominating the conversation so much taht they're suffocating any hope of takling about scum!faust, when in reality that still leaves everyone else who simply doesn't share your read.

I hope you realize how easily I could replicate this reasoning to anyone in this game who hasn't had a wagon yet. Obviously Hydrad must be scum, I made a great case (YMMV) on him and no one followed !

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 02, 2015, 09:15:42 am »

Do you sheep faust or have your own reasons? If later, what are they?

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 02, 2015, 09:18:06 am »

vote: EgorK

PPE : You're saying more than that though. Scum is, in your scenario, only 2 people other than faust, in the case of a single scum team. So you're focusing on the fact that those two people must be dominating the conversation so much taht they're suffocating any hope of takling about scum!faust, when in reality that still leaves everyone else who simply doesn't share your read.

I hope you realize how easily I could replicate this reasoning to anyone in this game who hasn't had a wagon yet. Obviously Hydrad must be scum, I made a great case (YMMV) on him and no one followed !

I'd say it is critical to realize who you've tried to wagon and that no one has bitten.  It's either because there's a consensus that that person is town, or because for whatever reason, people do not want to lynch or vote or discuss them.   Just as I'm doing with Faust, I'd encourage you to do with Hydrad if you think he might be scum.  Push the issue, make noise, really work it and if you don't get any results, ask yourself why that is.

Also, how do you know there are only 3 scum?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.