Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 322014 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #475 on: November 30, 2015, 01:12:59 pm »

A lot happened on weekend? There are same 4 pages generated today by noon, about the same amount as on 2 days before. And out of them only YPG stuff caught my attention, and I already commented on that. Also you are repeating yourself, when you drove my lynch in GOP you also told that you "guessed what scum would post here". This is starting to be alarming

There was enough that I needed to get caught up on when I came back, so yeah, there was what I would term "a lot"

And if you are alarmed you should vote for me. Don't try and shrug off my suspicion on you by passively alluding to a game where I was scum. Just because I replicated a scum hunting tactic as scum doesn't mean it isn't legitimate to use it as town.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 30, 2015, 01:20:55 pm »

Wow, lots happened. Including some reads lists. Now the game feels like it is really moving.

Time to post my own reads list I think.

Towny:

Yuma

The claim means a lot. The posts pushing the game further help more. Some people are leaning slight town on Yuma; to me Yuma is the only obv!town player here. Like, I would be really surprised if he was fakeclaiming his role, and scum with a random vig doesn't make any sense at all.

Roadrunner

Who was it who pointed out that scum Roadrunner would have very little incentive to post a long rant/essay during the middle of an otherwise quiet period of the game, when no one was paying attention to him otherwise? It's a good point; for now at least I think I agree. Roadrunner has been very fond of writing long rants lately. The question is whether they are scum rants or town rants. This one looks very towny to me.

Ampharos

Basically, I got exactly what I was hoping I would get from Ampharos, which is a meaningful contribution to the game. His first few posts looked scummy to me, but now it looks more like he was drawing attention to himself because he knew he could show himself to be towny under scrutiny. At the same time, Ampharos seems like kind of a loose cannon. And that makes him harder to trust.

Teproc

Hmmm, so Teproc thinks I look like scum. He says I look very towny in my other game, but what I remember from that game was people calling me mildly scummy or scummy the whole way through. But despite his gunning for me, Teproc looks a lot like town to me here. He's reading the game carefully & paying attention to details. Also, except for his read on me, I think I mainly agree with his reads. 

e: He hasn't said much, but what he's said so far has been helpful. I'm not convinced either way, but I have a slight town read on him for now.

Null or Torn:

Haddock: Like a lot of people, I'm having trouble reading Haddock. I want to say that most of his posts seem helpful, and that puts him on the slightly townier side of null for me.

Awaclus & Hydrad: I haven't seen enough from either player to have an opinion one way or another. Would like to see more attention paid to both.

silverspawn: silverspawn called our argument productive. It did not feel productive to me. I did not get strong town reads on him; more I just felt confused like I didn't know how to read him well. I haven't seen a lot of strong pro-town posts from him since then, but he has been really active and I'm not sure if scum wants to risk all of that activity. I really don't know what to think. I guess that leaves me on the slightly scummy side of null.

Faust: Faust's change in playstyle this game is still unnerving to me, but his response to me when I questioned it seemed authentic. Sometimes it seems like he's being helpful, sometimes it just looks like he's being venomous for no reason. So yeah, I'm torn. Overall I'm not really digging this new Faust who criticizes everything I say.

Scummy:

Witherweaver: I remember in the last game feeling like Witherweaver was posting a lot of short fluffy stuff and not being very helpful. Then, somehow, he survived the entire game and won as scum. He's acting the same way in this game, so that makes me not trust him very much so far. He's close enough to null that I could still be convinced he's town, but still looking scummier than most other people.

EgorK: Yuma is (IMO) the towniest player here, and his case on EgorK makes sense to me. Plus, a lot of Egor's reads just seem bad. He's also going after some pretty easy targets (RR, Hydrad) and that makes him look worse. So I guess for now Egor is my top scum read.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 30, 2015, 01:21:13 pm »

Vote: EgorK

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 30, 2015, 01:29:02 pm »

calling a Hydrad - yuma - iguanda team

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 30, 2015, 01:31:23 pm »

Um, okay, you do that!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: November 30, 2015, 01:31:53 pm »

I seriously doubt that.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 30, 2015, 01:34:16 pm »

I seriously doubt that.

I do too

Nonetheless, vote: igu. His reads list screams scum to me. I'm not sure why yet, but once I know, I'll probably let you know.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 30, 2015, 01:44:55 pm »

Vote Count 1.6:

iguanaiguana (2): Teproc, ss
silverspawn (1): Hydrad
Witherweaver (1): Awaclus
Ampharos (1): faust
faust (1): Ampharos
Haddock (1): Witherweaver
EgorK (3): Haddock, yuma, iguana
RR (1): EgorK

Not Voting (2): RR, 2.7

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on December 8 at 9:00 a.m. forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 30, 2015, 01:46:36 pm »

That's too cute.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 30, 2015, 01:47:27 pm »

That's too cute.

Scum partners, obv.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 30, 2015, 01:51:29 pm »

A lot happened on weekend? There are same 4 pages generated today by noon, about the same amount as on 2 days before. And out of them only YPG stuff caught my attention, and I already commented on that. Also you are repeating yourself, when you drove my lynch in GOP you also told that you "guessed what scum would post here". This is starting to be alarming

There was enough that I needed to get caught up on when I came back, so yeah, there was what I would term "a lot"

And if you are alarmed you should vote for me. Don't try and shrug off my suspicion on you by passively alluding to a game where I was scum. Just because I replicated a scum hunting tactic as scum doesn't mean it isn't legitimate to use it as town.

Just because I find something about your play alarming doesn't mean that I should stop voting my top scum read (which got only stronger because of what we can't reference here) and disregard consequences of your claim

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 30, 2015, 01:51:55 pm »

That's too cute.

Scum partners, obv.

Faustaros <3  We've been going steady for quite some time now.   Like 3 minutes.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 30, 2015, 01:53:41 pm »

Meta sidenote : as it happens I genuinely don't know what Egork is referring to when he says he "can't talk about something" because I'm not involved in other games... but saying that way only makes people wonder, which defeats the purpose of not talking about ongoing games. I think the best way to approach is to say "gut read" or something.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 30, 2015, 02:09:53 pm »

I seriously doubt that.

I do too

Nonetheless, vote: igu. His reads list screams scum to me. I'm not sure why yet, but once I know, I'll probably let you know.

So I put out a reads list where I explicitly state that I haven't completely changed my read on you, and now not only do you think I am scum again but you think you have the whole scum team figured out?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 30, 2015, 02:28:53 pm »

Ampharos

Basically, I got exactly what I was hoping I would get from Ampharos, which is a meaningful contribution to the game. His first few posts looked scummy to me, but now it looks more like he was drawing attention to himself because he knew he could show himself to be towny under scrutiny. At the same time, Ampharos seems like kind of a loose cannon. And that makes him harder to trust.

Wow, I don't get what you're saying here... I mean, I really don't. This description could be under "Ampharos is scummy" without having to change anything. What exactly points to him being town? It is most curios how the wagon suddenly puffed away for no real reason.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 30, 2015, 02:30:04 pm »

And WW is a blank page as always. His playstyle is way more anti-town than that of Awaclus.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 30, 2015, 02:41:54 pm »

Ampharos

Wow, I don't get what you're saying here... I mean, I really don't. This description could be under "Ampharos is scummy" without having to change anything. What exactly points to him being town? It is most curios how the wagon suddenly puffed away for no real reason.

Maybe I am just showing my newbie idiocy here, but I still feel like putting all of your thoughts out into the open is townie, because scum would prefer to keep their ideas shrouded in secrecy. They are the ones with things to hide. So yeah Ampharos' reads list makes him look town, whereas the people who just attack everything while not contributing their thoughts themselves still look like scum to me.

If this is stupid or wrong, then I guess you'd better school me in the ways of playing the game backwards.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 30, 2015, 02:46:15 pm »

see, this is one of the reasons why you are scummy, although not the most important one.

You think reads lists are towny. So you make a reads list, and now you expect to be towny because of it.

It does not work that way. towniness is not some progressive point gathering, it's a judgement of your alignment. Every scum can sit down and write a reads list. It depends on the content.

That's bad for you both because you have being towny in the forefront of your mind, and because you gave Amph unjustified town points.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 30, 2015, 02:47:50 pm »

Ampharos

Maybe I am just showing my newbie idiocy here, but I still feel like putting all of your thoughts out into the open is townie, because scum would prefer to keep their ideas shrouded in secrecy. They are the ones with things to hide. So yeah Ampharos' reads list makes him look town, whereas the people who just attack everything while not contributing their thoughts themselves still look like scum to me.

If this is stupid or wrong, then I guess you'd better school me in the ways of playing the game backwards.

I don't know what I did to deserve this kind of attitude... but well. You could have explained what you meant with that read, which would have benefitted town. Instead you are agitating against me (I think? I'm not even sure. Where have I kept my ideas "shrouded in secrecy"?) and suddenly bring up a new point (Ampharos's reads list) that you didn't even mention before.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 30, 2015, 02:48:40 pm »

Wow, lots happened. Including some reads lists. Now the game feels like it is really moving.

Time to post my own reads list I think.

This section just gives me all the scum feels

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: November 30, 2015, 02:49:33 pm »

see, this is one of the reasons why you are scummy, although not the most important one.

You think reads lists are towny. So you make a reads list, and now you expect to be towny because of it.

It does not work that way. towniness is not some progressive point gathering, it's a judgement of your alignment. Every scum can sit down and write a reads list. It depends on the content.

That's bad for you both because you have being towny in the forefront of your mind, and because you gave Amph unjustified town points.

Is it Iguana being scummy or actually thinking that?  Just because he says something that could be scummy does not mean it is.  Most everything in this game is WIFOM and up to personal opinion.

I'd bet my non-existent hat you both are town.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 30, 2015, 02:50:24 pm »

ITT : faust thinks his name is "scum".
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 30, 2015, 02:51:58 pm »

Better bet I am town because then you'd have 2 imaginary hats

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 30, 2015, 02:52:50 pm »

Ampharos

I don't know what I did to deserve this kind of attitude... but well. You could have explained what you meant with that read, which would have benefitted town. Instead you are agitating against me (I think? I'm not even sure. Where have I kept my ideas "shrouded in secrecy"?) and suddenly bring up a new point (Ampharos's reads list) that you didn't even mention before.

To be fair, most of your posts have a peanut gallery feel to them, where you're sitting to the side, throwing out comments about ongoings.  Not saying that you're doing nothing, but there's a lot that would be tough to call constructive or helpful.  I'm in no way insulting you, but stating my strong suspicion of you and agreement with Iguana in this case.  (Boy I'm agreeing with him a lot lately.  Ig you better not be scum or I'm donezo if you ever get lynched/inspected).

I like my vote where it is, for now.  <3 faustaros is real

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 30, 2015, 02:53:43 pm »

That's interesting; in your previous reads list, iguana and silver only showed up as light town. What changed? Or are you just in a gambling mood?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 20 queries.