Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 322095 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #450 on: November 30, 2015, 11:33:17 am »

uh... or not

I could have sworn that he was scummy  :(

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 30, 2015, 11:35:32 am »

ok... well imma thinking vote: egorK

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 30, 2015, 11:36:25 am »

okay, let's do this instead

vote: Hydrad

a reread reveals one post of content, the first one, which is scummy, and after that a lot of fluff and jokes. The jokes are pretty funny, but that doesn't make him any more town.

also not a lot of posts period.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 30, 2015, 11:38:39 am »

Was your trigger "If he makes one more useful post, I swear to God !" ?

@silver : what was scummy about his first post ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 30, 2015, 11:41:20 am »

no no, nothing is scummy about the first post. what's scummy is that his first post is the one with the most content. as in, that's the one were he came fresh out of the scum QT, and afterwards he was just being his scummy self. which isn't content-y

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 30, 2015, 11:43:39 am »

you could say that hydrad's content this game is equivalent to my habits in visiting lectures over the course of a semester ;_;

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 30, 2015, 11:57:14 am »

Was your trigger "If he makes one more useful post, I swear to God !" ?

Nope. And I don't consider the post he just posted useful...

My thought was...

"hmmm he started out pretty active but once it was mentioned and some of his posts were questioned he clammed up and disappeared."

As I had that thought I saw that he was online and that he had stated he was going to do a reread of stuff over the weekend, so I thought I would give him a chance to see if he was posting and what he was going to post, hence my post stating I was thinking about moving my vote.

And when he posted it looked like a filler post to keep from being prodded but nothing more than that and so I felt he was continuing his keeping quiet schtick, which isn't unusual for EgorK, I will admit, but I did think that his being active early was. What struck me was how he changed once called out on it. If he had posted more and of more substance then I might have seen that as just him wanting to be more active and the blip in activity that I noticed an aberration. But right now I think he started out 1. as mafia 2. wanting to be more active so he wouldn't be a day1 or day2 lurker lynch 3. got called out for it 4. panicked a bit and went back into lurker mode.

So I am voting him. You should too!

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 30, 2015, 11:59:32 am »

You've been around a lot more than I have lately. Have there been many lurker lynches in the early days recently ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 30, 2015, 12:03:45 pm »

You've been around a lot more than I have lately. Have there been many lurker lynches in the early days recently ?

I think the idea of a strict lurker lynch has been quashed completely (thankfully). But the scummy lurker lynch is still a thing. For example in the game we were just in GOP I pushed through some "scummy lurker" mislynches on EgorK and Xerxes as scum. both I felt were valid pseudo cases, which I why I pushed them through as scum.

So with that in mind I could see EgorK thinking "man i got lynched for lurking as town, that could happen to me as mafia even without me doing anything scummy. I should probably post a bit more to avoid that."

Of course EgorK could think the same thing as town. But in that case I think he would continue to post more even despite being called out, whereas I think as scum once something isn't working you revert back to your old self.

What does still exist (and rightfully so) is the idea that it is on a certain level a good idea to keep active posters alive longer as they will be easier to read at a later date compared to low volume posters. It is the same reason that high volume posters that are town tend to be NKed early.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 30, 2015, 12:06:02 pm »

Egor has got to be joking.

I look town to most people, that's good.
If Amaphoros (I dropped the nickname) is scum, I think his partner is Teproc.

What else? Oh yes, a list of who seems towny to me:
EgorK
Iguana(?)
Faust
Hydrad
2.7(?)
I guess that's it. Everyone else is pretty null.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 30, 2015, 12:06:43 pm »

I think RR seems town.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 30, 2015, 12:10:01 pm »

Yuma, can you elaborate why my post is filler?

Also I stopped posting not because being called out, but rather because of week end

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 30, 2015, 12:10:31 pm »

I think RR seems town.
Yay. Should I do an opposite OMGUS and say you seem town for saying I seem town?

I don't think I will right now.
PPE

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 30, 2015, 12:12:44 pm »

RR, no, I am not joking. Your last post also has the classic tell of putting acuser as top town read

Besides, making other people think you as town is main target for scum. For town it is good, but main thing is scum hunting

PPE 1

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 30, 2015, 12:13:10 pm »

Also I stopped posting not because being called out, but rather because of week end

I think out of all the players that you could have looked at RR is probably the least useful.

And I figured that might be the case, which is why when I saw that you were online and posting I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt but the benefit of the doubt was left wanting...

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 30, 2015, 12:13:40 pm »

I think the idea of a strict lurker lynch has been quashed completely (thankfully). But the scummy lurker lynch is still a thing. For example in the game we were just in GOP I pushed through some "scummy lurker" mislynches on EgorK and Xerxes as scum. both I felt were valid pseudo cases, which I why I pushed them through as scum.

So with that in mind I could see EgorK thinking "man i got lynched for lurking as town, that could happen to me as mafia even without me doing anything scummy. I should probably post a bit more to avoid that."

Of course EgorK could think the same thing as town. But in that case I think he would continue to post more even despite being called out, whereas I think as scum once something isn't working you revert back to your old self.

What does still exist (and rightfully so) is the idea that it is on a certain level a good idea to keep active posters alive longer as they will be easier to read at a later date compared to low volume posters. It is the same reason that high volume posters that are town tend to be NKed early.

GOP Mafia was a bit of a weird one because of that disastrous day 1. My point was more that, in my experience, lurker lynches tend to occur on later days, and the day 1 lynch is generally someone active and controversial. Your point still stands of course that it is something scum!Egork should be worried about, and it could lead him to change his meta, which he is clearly doing here.

Where I disagree is that I don't think Egork has changed his behavior inside this game. You say he's reacted to "huh, Egork's more active, that's weird" by disappearing... I don't really see that. It was the week-end, always a quiet time in mafialand, and if you look at his posts, he has been pretty consistently trying to move the game along. You see his latest post (voting for RR) as a "avoid to be prodded" thing, and I just don't know why. It's a decently well-reasoned vote against someone who is gradually becoming a universal town read. Of all the things there are to say about that post, "filler" does not seem to be one of them to me.

PPE : 3

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 30, 2015, 12:16:44 pm »

RR, no, I am not joking. Your last post also has the classic tell of putting acuser as top town read

Besides, making other people think you as town is main target for scum. For town it is good, but main thing is scum hunting

PPE 1
You're not at the top of my list, it's not in order. Well, actually, you are my top town read, but you being on top was just a coincidence. And barely any scum-hunting has gotten done today. But here are people I would be willing/happy to pressure:
RR
Faust
Iguana
Awaclus
WW
SS
Amaphoros

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 30, 2015, 12:17:26 pm »

I think out of all the players that you could have looked at RR is probably the least useful.

And I figured that might be the case, which is why when I saw that you were online and posting I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt but the benefit of the doubt was left wanting...

I assume then you think my case on RR is bad. Then you can point out problems in my logic?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 30, 2015, 12:18:31 pm »

I can point out a problem in your logic: I am town. Only scum wants to lynch town. That would make you scum.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 30, 2015, 12:20:31 pm »

I can point out a problem in your logic: I am town. Only scum wants to lynch town. That would make you scum.

This game is so easy !

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 30, 2015, 12:20:53 pm »

I assume then you think my case on RR is bad. Then you can point out problems in my logic?

I kinda do and I can't. Much of what I am thinking involves on going games, unfortunately.

I guess what I am saying is that a lot happened over the weekend and I thought it curious that you didn't talk about any of that stuff but instead went your own direction and did a read/vote on a player that well is pretty easy to pick apart and find his play unusual (and potentially a possible way to see scummy) for a variety of reasons

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 30, 2015, 12:28:53 pm »

A lot happened on weekend? There are same 4 pages generated today by noon, about the same amount as on 2 days before. And out of them only YPG stuff caught my attention, and I already commented on that. Also you are repeating yourself, when you drove my lynch in GOP you also told that you "guessed what scum would post here". This is starting to be alarming

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 30, 2015, 12:30:40 pm »

Well "I'm guessing this is what scum would post here" applies to any scumhunting ever so...

Ok, Egork. What do you think of Ampharos ? He was the main subject of conversation over the week-end I think.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 30, 2015, 12:43:40 pm »

Well "I'm guessing this is what scum would post here" applies to any scumhunting ever so...

Ok, Egork. What do you think of Ampharos ? He was the main subject of conversation over the week-end I think.

You 'd put exact quotes when I'd reach PC, but it is not your usual scumhunting

As for YPG, he posted a lot of water at some moment, that I am still unable to understand why he would post as either alignment

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 30, 2015, 12:44:39 pm »

I'd just go reread that game we can't reference here
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.