Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 322143 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: November 30, 2015, 09:59:35 am »

but why would scum draw attention to themselves like that?

This doesn't make sense.. how would you know what you would do would draw attention to yourself if you don't know why I find you scummy?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #426 on: November 30, 2015, 10:08:15 am »

Awaclus is being his usual anti-town self. So... null.

I'm not anti-town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 30, 2015, 10:11:23 am »

Awaclus is being his usual anti-town self. So... null.

I'm not anti-town.

Never compromising on one's meta because "well, it's my meta", is anti-town.

But I think we know I won't convince you and you won't convince me, so... let's move on.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 30, 2015, 10:11:49 am »

but why would scum draw attention to themselves like that?

This doesn't make sense.. how would you know what you would do would draw attention to yourself if you don't know why I find you scummy?
It makes perfect sense:
PPE: Um OK, WW.  I could be accused of lurking I guess, but other than that I don't think you've given reasons.  I know you found my SS thing scummy; as I said I have my reasons for it which I can't explain right now - but why would scum draw attention to themselves like that?
If it's not clear, what I'm saying is that I think you're voting me because of my behaviour re. silverspawn. 
Which was an odd thing for me to do, and really conspicuous.  I stand by what I did; I'm saying I don't think scum would do something as conspicuous as that without some very good reason indeed.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #429 on: November 30, 2015, 10:15:31 am »

My meta is pro-town, so I don't see why not compromising on it would be anti-town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 30, 2015, 10:16:32 am »

My meta is pro-town, so I don't see why not compromising on it would be anti-town.

Yes, this is where we disagree.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 30, 2015, 10:18:27 am »

... time to go dig up that old quote again... which one to use...? WW's or donald's?

how about both!

So, you are verifying once and for all what an incredible waste of time it is for anyone to try to argue about this with you.

and oh fuck it why do I even bother talking this is just going to get a pointless response to lead to more pointlessness.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 30, 2015, 10:22:44 am »

I'm protown because fuck squirrels.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 30, 2015, 10:25:07 am »

While you're here, what are your thoughts on Ampharos ?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 30, 2015, 10:27:49 am »

Vote Count 1.5:

iguanaiguana (1): Teproc
silverspawn (2): yuma, Hydrad
Witherweaver (1): Awaclus
Ampharos (2): iguanaiguana, faust
Teproc (1): Ampharos
Haddock (1): Witherweaver
EgorK (1): Haddock
Awaclus (1): silverspawn

Not Voting (3): RR, 2.7, EgorK

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on December 8 at 9:00 a.m. forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 30, 2015, 10:28:38 am »

About iguana : he was very townie in that RMM game. Less of that here, still like my vote.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 30, 2015, 10:33:01 am »

While you're here, what are your thoughts on Ampharos ?

I didn't originally have much of a read; Silver made some points which seemed valid, specifically about his sort of light-hearted dismissal of people suspecting and voting him.  Since then Ampharos went on a kind of meta tangent, which I don't really know how to take.  So I'm still fairly uncertain here.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 30, 2015, 10:44:09 am »

Haddock is town by the way, just putting it down now so that I'll remember when rereading.

So, that thing. I remember now. It was about this :

Well my vote officially sucks!

<b> unvote </b> for now...

Where to go next? <b> Vote: Roadrunner </b> seems okay fir now.
Scumslip, vote: igu!

Just kidding, unvote

Could I see igu doing this for town points?  Maybbeee.....  not really though.

I think extreme hedging (especially spread over two immediately consecutive posts) to generally be townie. Especially newbie town. Glancing at Haddock's scum game here, he was actually very decisive, with votes all over the place. This has not been the case here. Unfortunately his latest reads list wasn't all that hedgy, but the point still stands, those were two very, very townie posts.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 30, 2015, 10:53:15 am »

Interesting, but Haddock isn't actually a newbie, right?  Hadn't he played online elsewhere before coming here?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 30, 2015, 10:55:33 am »

Unfortunately his latest reads list wasn't all that hedgy, but the point still stands, those were two very, very townie posts.
Ummmm... the hedging is implicit? :P
Yeah don't take my latest reads list to be the be-all-and-end-all, I definitely didn't mean it that way. 
Mostly these are just vague feelings, none of my reads go any way past the "pretty dang mild" category.

PPE: No, WW I hadn't.  That's been said before, actually, I'll take it as a compliment as it was then.
To clarify.  This is my 3rd game of forum mafia of any kind ever, if you include the ongoing game.  (I've played a TINY bit irl). 
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 30, 2015, 10:57:06 am »

The List:

(I’m fully aware these are almost useless.  It’s mostly for me to keep track of how I’m feeling at certain points in the game, and to share that with all y’all.)

-----------------

People that are probably town:

Roadrunner:  His post 390 just screams town to me.  He’s trying to push the game as well, when scum are typically content to let sleeping dogs lie.

Yuma:  The claim does a ton.  This is so extremely dangerous to do as scum this early in the game.  By no means does the claim mean he couldn’t be scum, but it’s just bad scum practice to do this right away.  Maybe if the claim was a bomb or something, but it’s not.   Additionally, most people seem to have accepted Yuma’s claim, and instead of just armchairing and popcorning, Yuma got into the thick of things, getting all debatey and stuff.  This seems more town play to me.

-----------------

People that seem/feel town:

Awaclus:  His entrance posts are goofy and carefree in the middle of an ongoing discussion.   Scum often like to seem like they know what’s going on if entering the game later.  However, you all said that he’s often random like this, so I’m taking it all with a grain of salt.

Iguanaiguana:  Impassioned arguments about scum tells and early heavy arguments with SS reads pretty town to me.  Ig’s a smart guy though, and could be trying some aggressive and dangerous play, but I’m not feeling it right now.

Silverspawn:  Mostly same as Iguana.  I normally look at early conflict and almost always town on town violence.   I had Silver in the above category, but as the game went on, I realized that he very well could just be a hyperactive scum player.  He seems like the type of guy that could do that, but for now I’m sticking with my initial analysis.

-----------------

Big ?s

2.7:  Not a whole lot to go on here, and what I have seen hasn’t spoken to me either way.  Concerning, but it’s early.  We’ll see where things go from here.  (Gosh I sound like a scum defending a partner by slight FoS but not really saying anything.  Whatever, we’ll get more later.)

Faust:  Initially faust came across very scummy, mostly just sitting there and throwing out peanut gallery comments here and there.  However, he got very frustrated when people went after him aggressively, which tends to read town.  However however, I think he’s smart enough to fake these types of emotions, though maybe not since last game he wanted to vote for PPS based on an out-of-game interaction.  Gut says ?scum, head is confused.

Hydrad:  Hydrad does what he wants.  And I’ll be darned if I have any idea what that is.

Teproc:  See, I said 50% chance of scum so I can do things like upgrade you to ?.  On re-read, I don’t get as much of a scum feel from Teproc, and I find myself agreeing with a bunch of things he says.  His recent list matches up a lot with what I’m putting here as well, things I was thinking before I saw his list.  It will take a while for that initial scum feel to wear off, but we’ll leave Tep here for now.

Witherweaver: Wither I have no idea on.  There’s definite possibility of being scum, as I think for the most part he’s been cruising with the crowd, but he’s had enough of a unique voice in discussions that I’m not sure what to think.  Teh feelz aren’t much help either, as they’re all over the spectrum here.  I’ll admit, I have no idea right now.  Maybe another re-read???

-----------------

They could be scum?

EgorK:  Chillin’ out maxin’ relaxin’ all cool.  Maybe this is classic EgorK play but something feels off. 

Haddock:  Maybe it’s just the way he posts things, with lots of open-ended statements and questions and general uncertainty, but that type of posting is just really easy for scum to use and look like they’re doing something.  I’ll probably be dead wrong on this one.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 30, 2015, 10:57:57 am »

Also, because I darn well want to:

unvote
Vote: faust

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 30, 2015, 10:58:27 am »

^That's my gut talking.  We'll see what happens.  Probably nothing.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 30, 2015, 10:58:34 am »

Unfortunately his latest reads list wasn't all that hedgy, but the point still stands, those were two very, very townie posts.
Ummmm... the hedging is implicit? :P
Yeah don't take my latest reads list to be the be-all-and-end-all, I definitely didn't mean it that way. 
Mostly these are just vague feelings, none of my reads go any way past the "pretty dang mild" category.

PPE: No, WW I hadn't.  That's been said before, actually, I'll take it as a compliment as it was then.
To clarify.  This is my 3rd game of forum mafia of any kind ever, if you include the ongoing game.  (I've played a TINY bit irl).

Huh, I see.  Okay.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 30, 2015, 11:01:01 am »

Let me expand a bit re: hedging. As I said, I think being very hedgy is a sign you're town, especially in your first games, because - let's face it - mafia is hard. And once you've played (or read a full game)you understand how wrong everyone ends up being all the time. Being right is the exception. So you're hesitant. If you're sucm, you don't want to be hesitant, because you want to lynch people. Also, you might be aware hedging is often considered scummy (I obviously disagree but it's a thing).

Now that all of this is said : hedging is not a super pro-town thing. Overstating your confidence means your votes mean more, it means you pressure people more effectively and it means you force people to be more accountable for their votes (by being so yourself).

PPE : a reads post ! Don't let anyone tell you these are useless, they're great. Who is even saying that, did ghost!Robz make an apparition ?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 30, 2015, 11:05:33 am »

Yuma:  The claim does a ton.  This is so extremely dangerous to do as scum this early in the game.  By no means does the claim mean he couldn’t be scum, but it’s just bad scum practice to do this right away.  Maybe if the claim was a bomb or something, but it’s not.   Additionally, most people seem to have accepted Yuma’s claim, and instead of just armchairing and popcorning, Yuma got into the thick of things, getting all debatey and stuff.  This seems more town play to me.

To be clear, yuma being active and debatey and stuff is just a yuma!tell. Agreed about the claim though.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 30, 2015, 11:06:49 am »

To be clear, yuma being active and debatey and stuff is just a yuma!tell. Agreed about the claim though.

Well, at least we know Yuma is Yuma.  That's good to know.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 30, 2015, 11:17:27 am »

I might change my vote here in a bit... Kinda waiting on something for that to happen or not...

I am sure anticipation is really high for what I am going to do

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 30, 2015, 11:22:18 am »

vote: Haddock

pretty sure haddock was scummy. Awaclus vote was more of a joke

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 30, 2015, 11:31:09 am »

So, being labeled as "Unusually active" and "Crazy lurking" within several posts is funny

Anyway, let's look at RR some more. I played 2 games with him, and I am not sure, but they are probably only his games on this site. Both times he was town, both times he played drastically different from this game. It may be that he just decided to mix it up, but it may be that because he is scum he feels more responsible and, hence, his essay and other stuff. Much less votes/unvotes (actually, only Awa), much less talking about how we should kill somebody/should not.

Vote: RR
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 139  All

Page created in 1.516 seconds with 20 queries.