Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 322007 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #400 on: November 30, 2015, 07:48:10 am »

Are you telling us that you for sure are not using your power?  Or will you.  (Or maybe I haven't read that far down the thread yet).  Because I don't want you to come back tomorrow after 5 people die overnight (obvious exaggeration) and just come out and say you decided to just use your role when you say you aren't going to.

I am extremely, extremely unlikely to use my role. I won't say I will never use it, just because sometimes things come up (I can't imagine anything in a normal game where that would be the case but who knows with a closed invented setup... such as mafia having a lightening rod?! or ... see I can't really think of anything else...) and I might feel like I need to use it. But if that happens I imagine I will have a really good justification and not just an "I felt like it was probably a good idea" won't be good enough.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 30, 2015, 07:48:30 am »

Yep Yuma, I regretted that as soon as I sent it. It portrays me in a very bad light. The posts you made recently just slipped my mind.

And I'm voting for no one. Why? I don't have any scum reads. It might be a good idea to vote to put pressure somewhere, but that doesn't feel great right now.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 30, 2015, 07:56:01 am »

And I'm voting for no one. Why? I don't have any scum reads. It might be a good idea to vote to put pressure somewhere, but that doesn't feel great right now.

Ok. Who are your town reads? Eliminate those people. After that, vote for anyone left over.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 30, 2015, 08:33:18 am »

But I also don't have a better case.

You know... I don't either. Which, I guess isn't that atypical for a Day1. But I do feel like we have had a good large number of wagons form so far today, so that might be something to look at. Wagon analysis is hard enough when we know the alignment of the person being wagoned, trying to do it without knowing seems more difficult but it is all we really have to go on right now.

The official vote counts are spread pretty thin, so I am going to try and recreate this manually looking for peaks in the wagons.

The peak of the iguana wagon:

iguanaiguana (4): silverspawn, teproc, faust, egork

The peak of the ss wagon:

silverspawn (6): yuma, WW, hydrad, faust, iguana, awalcus

Interesting to note that when people were worried that awaclus had put iguana at L-1, he actually only had 1 vote on him at that point (Teproc)

ampharos (4): ss, iguana, faust, RR (counting RR's vote even though ashersky didn't)

So just looking above I am seeing three people that are involved in all three wagons (either voting for or being voted upon: ss, iguana and faust) so while I don't know what that means it is worth potentially remembering for later.

One other point that I thought worth mentioning there was a moment where iguana unvoted ss and then immediately re-voted him that I thought looked pretty townie. I think scum generally doesn't do that sort of waffling. It is harder to authentically replicate and tends to lead toward unwanted attention that leaves me with a stronger town read on iguana.

I dont' know if I got anything else out of this exercise, but at least I got something... Not sure what I was expecting, but that happens sometimes.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 30, 2015, 09:03:16 am »

Sorry for the absence, week-ends are always tough for me. Catching up now.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 30, 2015, 09:06:53 am »

Vote: Teproc   I am at least 50% confident Teproc is scum, purely on feel.  (I acknowledge I've never played with them before, and could be misreading style.)

Alright then. Unusual. I like it.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 30, 2015, 09:09:04 am »

Who was it that suspected teproc just barely? I thought that post a bit scummy, not suspecting teproc but the way it was presented. Don't have time to go back and look now.

Obviously I disagree. It's clearly, and openly, based on gut, on a palyer that hadn't gotten any attention before... not the typical early scum vote I think. Granted Ampharos doesn't know me at all so the usual reasons I tend not to suspect Teproc voters don't apply, must remember that.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 30, 2015, 09:10:42 am »

Who was it that suspected teproc just barely? I thought that post a bit scummy, not suspecting teproc but the way it was presented. Don't have time to go back and look now.

Obviously I disagree. It's clearly, and openly, based on gut, on a palyer that hadn't gotten any attention before... not the typical early scum vote I think. Granted Ampharos doesn't know me at all so the usual reasons I tend not to suspect Teproc voters don't apply, must remember that.

I ended up leaning the same way once I actually went back and looked at that post and the others that come after it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 30, 2015, 09:11:20 am »

At least Iguanaiguana and Faust know I'm town, right guys?

???

I think his logic (at least for me) is something along the lines of "I like him and got to meet him in person, so I will assume he's town."

Perhaps for Faust he is thinking of Faust's constant and excessive defense of him? I have no clue, that one is harder to figure out...

Anyway, Sorry RR, but you get no such pass from me : /
No, the case is 'I feel like I have interacted with them in particular in Mafia, they can read me very easily.'

I won't try the tactic you mentioned until I'm at like L-2.

Very self-aware, I think in a townie way. Scummy self-awareness doesn't go as far as saying "I'll use that tactic later" generally.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 30, 2015, 09:18:28 am »

Eh?

SS is voting me, hoping to pressure me into saying something scummy.  Don't worry about it, because he changes votes about as often as... something cliche.  I'm looking to get this over with quickly, so we can get back to scum hunting.  I'll be back when we're ready for that.

Loving this. As in, I like this playstyle, though I'm not entirely sure which way it's going. I really should read games for all the people I don't know. I think I'm back to null on Amphares, this reminded me of me in Chococlate Factory, a reference... one whole person will know in this game. Long story short, I was newbie scum.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 30, 2015, 09:20:52 am »

Wait, two people actually, faust and yuma.

His scum tells are

- Look, I am calmly thinking about the possibility of scum!me, but it doesn't matter, since it's all hypothetical
- LOOK, I TOTALLY DO NOT FEEL PRESSURED BY YOUR VOTE!

These are the most important ones.

There's also

- Look, I consider your scum read on me to be valid
- Look, I am totally calm about the option of lynching me and am judging it objectively
- Obligatory 'you will realize I'm town' near the end

All of those (except maybe the last one if you take it out of context) are more likely to be from fairly new scum than fairly new town

I'M NOT CALM ABOUT THIS POSSIBILITY!!!! IT IS FREAKING ME OUT!
I AM SO TOTALLY PRESSURED BY YOUR VOTE, SO MUCH THAT IT MAKES ME TYPE IN CAPS AND MISS PUNCUTATION!!!111oneoneone

But wait!  For only $29.99 more, you get:

Your scum read of me is totally not valid in any way!
I am peeing my pants cause I'm so scared about getting lynched!
You'll never get the fact that I'm town, so why try?

----------

In all seriousness, that last one is kinda true.  I see what you're doing, but you're just wasting my time (I would say our time but technically you don't know my role, so you get a pass this time.). Go at least look at Teproc.  Also, consider the fact that I'm not that new (around 15 forum games and several hundred irc) and have developed my own playstyle.

(There are 15 scum tells in the above sentences; if you don't get them all, you're scum!!!!1111 one)

Ooh boy.

did you really play about 15 forum mafia games? can you provide links?

This.

did you really play about 15 forum mafia games? can you provide links?

None that are on publically accessable forums, sorry  :(

Plus they are under different names so I could just be making it up.

Boo.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 30, 2015, 09:21:34 am »

Vote: Yellow Pokèmon Guy

For the record, I disapprove of this... nickname ? I'd much prefer if we stuck to easily understandable abreviations if we must.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 30, 2015, 09:25:53 am »

@Ampharos

Any particular reason we didn't hear all this theory from you during your first game?

Fair point, I thought about it myself. 

The answer most likely stems from not having played here before, and the fact that was an RMM game. 

Not having played here before:  was feeling site meta, who (in)famous players were, etc.  I'm not big on reading past games, so it was my first taste of how the game is player here.

RMM game:  my role was bodyguard/doctor thingy, and I was sitting in a perfect place to sit back and use that role to the most of it's ability.  I saw no reason to change where things were, so I didn't go all HAM.  This game I'd much rather be a major part of the town discussion/hunt, assuming I make it out of this first day.

Much townier already.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 30, 2015, 09:28:32 am »

Ashersky (bless his heart) always goes after me. He's never been right!
[...]
I've never been mislynched

You know, you could make stronger point if you wouldn't lie.

Has ashersky ever been right in a game we're allowed to talk about?

Common misconception, ash is actually a very good scumhunter. It's such that the more convinced he is of being right, the less like he is to be.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 30, 2015, 09:29:39 am »

RR is as obv!town as ever. that's good.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 30, 2015, 09:31:52 am »

unfortunately, that's my only strong read.

still no idea what to make of Amph

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 30, 2015, 09:32:28 am »

We could lynch Awaclus? He's scum all the time

vote: Awaclus

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 30, 2015, 09:36:24 am »

Alright, so. Takeaways :

silver is very townie. His impatience was a little weird and his faust vote was unwarranted, but his reaction to Ampharos was on-point.

RR is pretty townie too. A big post like that, at a point where nothing was going on, that's unlikely to earn him many town points becuase he'll likely stay compromising stuff... smells townie to me.

yuma is yuma. Who knows. Claim makes his townie though.

Ampharos... well that's the big question isn't it ? I'm leaning town overall. I'll have to look at that RMM game though.

Awaclus is being his usual anti-town self. So... null.

Haddock has a lot of empty posts, Egork is strangely active and e did a pretty non-commital catchup post, those are all mildly scummy.

Which leaves... ah yes, iguana. Oh, and Hydrad, but that's just because I forgot about him, let's say null for that.

I like my vote on iguana as it stands, but I'll take a look at his other games on here, see if there's something to be found there.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 30, 2015, 09:40:47 am »

Man, I think I need to step up my activity level if I'm already forgotten on reads lists...
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 30, 2015, 09:41:52 am »

Man, I think I need to step up my activity level if I'm already forgotten on reads lists...

To be fair I didn't initially inted to make it a reads list. You're slightly townie, if you must know.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: November 30, 2015, 09:51:38 am »

That last series of posts by iguana gave me scum feels. But something from earlier made me think he is town, don't remember what that was... ah yes, found it:

I guess Unvote for now.
Blah. A reread doesn't make you look less scummy at all.

Vote: Silverspawn
So I guess I'm torn. iguana is active though, that a good thing.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 30, 2015, 09:52:52 am »

Well Teproc's response to Ampharos going after him strikes me as scummy, kind of in a buddying way.  Though actually I agree with most of Teproc's reads list, though I don't think I'd say that Silver is "very townie", and I don't really think Iguana is scummy.

Egor, Haddock,   and maybe Ampharos look good for lynching.

And, obviously, Awaclus.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 30, 2015, 09:54:46 am »

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 30, 2015, 09:56:38 am »

Haddock has a lot of empty posts, ... mildly scummy.
:(
What happened to this?
Haddock is town by the way, just putting it down now so that I'll remember when rereading.

No but seriously, I know I've not been around much, sorry.  I am following along, I'm just much more invested in my other game at the moment, and am generally busy.

There's a lot going on here, but my reads haven't changed much since my last post.  I can't explain right now why I find SS scummy, and my reasons may yet prove to be grounded in a false assumption (that's all I can say at this point), so I'm not voting him.

Other things:
I don't see Ampharos as being at all scummy really. 
Still getting towny vibes from Igu, and actually from Awa as well, much as that scares me.

Hydrad has said practically nothing, but this is not unusual.  Though don't his occasional posts usually actually contain proper content?  Most of Hydrad's stuff has been fluff.  Not liking it.  Scumpoints?

Finding Hydrad a tiny bit scummy makes my vote on Egor slightly weaker, but Egor is still lurking like crazy so I'll leave my vote there.

RR is towny.

I really need to have a look at Teproc.  I get towniness off him, but have never played with him, I dunno.

PPE: Um OK, WW.  I could be accused of lurking I guess, but other than that I don't think you've given reasons.  I know you found my SS thing scummy; as I said I have my reasons for it which I can't explain right now - but why would scum draw attention to themselves like that?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 30, 2015, 09:57:56 am »

Well Teproc's response to Ampharos going after him strikes me as scummy, kind of in a buddying way.  Though actually I agree with most of Teproc's reads list, though I don't think I'd say that Silver is "very townie", and I don't really think Iguana is scummy.

Well, someone has to take up Eevee's mantle.

Incidentally : you weren't on my reads lynch either. That's because I've given up, and generally hope one of us is dead before my read on you starts to matter. Null, in other words.

PPE : You know, I don't like this. Lynch scum, not anti-town. A town!Awaclus lynch day 1 is always a disaster.

PPE 2 : Hey, you're right Haddock, I had forgotten about that ! I'll go see what it was all about after I'm done with the iguana thing.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.