Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 321853 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #375 on: November 29, 2015, 06:20:32 pm »

Back and wii catch up at some point soon

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 29, 2015, 06:38:22 pm »

I agree Faust seems a bit strange here. The Day 1 Faust I am used to is leading the way, reading heavily into the smallest of tells, tunneling people and picking apart their reactions on his hunt for scum.

Admittedly, that was Traitor!Faust in RMM28, but as traitor I think his first priority was to act more or less identically to town!Faust until he figured out who his partners were.

Why the change in attitude, scum!hunting!God!of!F!DS?

I am sure faust will have something to say about this, but I have to say that 1. I think i disagree with the assessment of faust to begin with and 2. I disagree with the entire premise

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 29, 2015, 06:41:31 pm »

Vote Count 1.3:

iguanaiguana (1): Teproc
silverspawn (3): yuma Hydrad, faust
Witherweaver (1): Awaclus
Awaclus (1): iguanaiguana
Ampharos (1): silverspawn
Teproc (1): Ampharos
faust (1): EgorK
Haddock (1): Witherweaver
EgorK (1): Haddock

Not Voting (2): RR, 2.7

Wow. I don't think I have ever seen so many single (1) votes before. That is pretty impressive guys... Well done!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 29, 2015, 06:47:13 pm »

So caught up...

Most of the attention has been on Ampharos and probably that is justified... the quote that I sympathized the most with was this:

A lot of water from Ampharos. Reason to do this as either alignment escapes me

What I am seeing is weird play, not scummy play. It is important to separate out the two. It might be scum playing weird, but given how little we know of Ampharos meta I can't really make any firm judgement about it.

What does stand out is the person who is pushing to lynch said "weird playing" person the most. Conveniently that happens to be the person I am voting for? So I'll leave my vote where it was and encourage others to go that way as well.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 29, 2015, 07:01:36 pm »

What does stand out is the person who is pushing to lynch said "weird playing" person the most. Conveniently that happens to be the person I am voting for? So I'll leave my vote where it was and encourage others to go that way as well.

that's a thoroughly bad idea, and I don't appreciate you pretending like I am pushing Amph because he is 'weird'. I'm not even sure if I used the word weird. the case was a short list of things that I said are more likely to come from scum than town.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 29, 2015, 07:08:16 pm »

that's a thoroughly bad idea, and I don't appreciate you pretending like I am pushing Amph because he is 'weird'. I'm not even sure if I used the word weird. the case was a short list of things that I said are more likely to come from scum than town.

weird is my interpretation of his play and posts. never said that you said it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 29, 2015, 07:12:58 pm »

aren't you saying that here?

What does stand out is the person who is pushing to lynch said "weird playing" person the most.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 29, 2015, 07:15:42 pm »

aren't you saying that here?

What does stand out is the person who is pushing to lynch said "weird playing" person the most.

I can see how you might have interpreted my post that way. The phrase in quotes: "weird playing" is my reference as a substitution for Ampharos, see above in the post that you quoted where I make that statement. So that is the statement I am quoting, not yours.

But you are pushing his lynch, yes? So I feel the premise and the intent of my point about you stands.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 29, 2015, 07:30:19 pm »

Are we pushing anyone's lynch right now? The day ends Dec. 8, and while I definitely want a lynch, it seems like what's in the best interest of town is to put as much scrutiny on as many people as possible before that happens. Letting people fly under the radar is what's bad; that's why I'm voting for Ampharos right now.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 29, 2015, 07:34:20 pm »

Are we pushing anyone's lynch right now? The day ends Dec. 8, and while I definitely want a lynch, it seems like what's in the best interest of town is to put as much scrutiny on as many people as possible before that happens. Letting people fly under the radar is what's bad; that's why I'm voting for Ampharos right now.

And here I was thinking you were voting for Ampharos because you thought he was scum. Silly me.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 29, 2015, 07:46:32 pm »

But you are pushing his lynch, yes? So I feel the premise and the intent of my point about you stands.

I definitely was pushing his lynch. After his initial big post, I had a pretty strong scum read.

Now I'm less sure. I, uh, am not sure at all, to be honest.

But I also don't have a better case.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 29, 2015, 08:39:32 pm »

@Ampharos

Any particular reason we didn't hear all this theory from you during your first game?

Fair point, I thought about it myself. 

The answer most likely stems from not having played here before, and the fact that was an RMM game. 

Not having played here before:  was feeling site meta, who (in)famous players were, etc.  I'm not big on reading past games, so it was my first taste of how the game is player here.

RMM game:  my role was bodyguard/doctor thingy, and I was sitting in a perfect place to sit back and use that role to the most of it's ability.  I saw no reason to change where things were, so I didn't go all HAM.  This game I'd much rather be a major part of the town discussion/hunt, assuming I make it out of this first day.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 29, 2015, 09:23:22 pm »

And here I was thinking you were voting for Ampharos because you thought he was scum. Silly me.

Man, I don't know who is scum. If someone posts something strange, self-conscious and a little overconfident (this is how I read a few  of Ampharos' recent posts), then IMO that is more than enough reason to put voting pressure on them. My only point was that I don't want a lynch right now, so saying that I am pushing for someone's lynch because I am voting for them is a little ridiculous.

Yes, I voted for him because some of his comments looked scummy to me. Does that mean I am convinced he is scum on D1 after he makes ~10 posts? No. I am floundering my way through D1 of this game just like everybody else. Anyone could be scum. And the more I can get everyone to talk and explain their reasoning, the better info I have to try to figure out who they are.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 29, 2015, 09:25:01 pm »

@Ampharos

Any particular reason we didn't hear all this theory from you during your first game?

Fair point, I thought about it myself. 

The answer most likely stems from not having played here before, and the fact that was an RMM game. 

Not having played here before:  was feeling site meta, who (in)famous players were, etc.  I'm not big on reading past games, so it was my first taste of how the game is player here.

RMM game:  my role was bodyguard/doctor thingy, and I was sitting in a perfect place to sit back and use that role to the most of it's ability.  I saw no reason to change where things were, so I didn't go all HAM.  This game I'd much rather be a major part of the town discussion/hunt, assuming I make it out of this first day.

You say you want to be a major part of the scumhut, but all you have contributed so far is something along the lines of 'Teproc gives me a bad feeling.'

I want to hear more. Convince me you are not all talk.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 29, 2015, 09:27:34 pm »

scumhut = scumhunt

Lol

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 30, 2015, 12:07:06 am »

Hello everyone, I am bored. I am also in this corner of the Internet once again. The stuff I've seen...
Anyway, it's super late, and it's usually around this time I'm struck right in the face by inspiration. So, welcome to Roadrunner's Giant and Pointless essays, this one is about Yellow Pokèmon guy. And about how he isn't scum. He accuses Teproc and y'all flip out. So now it's my turn to flip out.
So, first, everyone just wants Teproc to live cause he's back from the dead, he hasn't played forum games since 2004, etc. So as soon as YPG (Yellow Pokemon guy) accuses him, we gotta put YPG down. I ain't doing that. My vote didn't even go through.

And what the heck, guys? Unless he has a huge scum slip, like he says 'my partners,' or something really obvious, you can't accuse him. Anything 'scummy' that he might do could just be a part of his meta. Like how I act like a typical scum so Ashersky (bless his heart) always goes after me. He's never been right! And now I must stand up and defend YPG, not because he is too weak to defend himself, but because no one will listen to him. Like how no one listened to Iguanaiguana in RMM and no one listened to me in Switch (even though Switch Mafia is a terrible example). Apparently N00bs don't get a say.

What else? Oh yeah, apparently I got a scum slip out of him, courtesy of SS. No one has pointed it out. Why haven't they? Oh yeah, because it doesn't flippin' exist.

Faust, WW and Awaclus. Three veterans. They've done next to nothing, besides Faust making things personal with Iguanaiguana and Awaclus quoting entire posts. It's frustrating to me. We have like 10 days and we are going to make the usual mistakes. Draw out D1, guys. Play smart. Destroy this wagon.

Go after me if you want, I don't care. I'm unstoppable. I've never been mislynched, and I never will. Even though everyone will see this essay as scummy and force a claim out of me.

Oh, and Yuma. Is his Internet still down?

Maybe people take Thanksgiving weekend more seriously than I thought they did.

Oh, and here's my threat: I will post one of these, every day, if need be. This only took about ten minutes. I can post more of these. And you will feel inclined to read them. And you will waste time doing so. And I have gotten completely off topic.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #391 on: November 30, 2015, 01:25:20 am »

Hello everyone, I am bored. I am also in this corner of the Internet once again. The stuff I've seen...
Anyway, it's super late, and it's usually around this time I'm struck right in the face by inspiration. So, welcome to Roadrunner's Giant and Pointless essays, this one is about Yellow Pokèmon guy. And about how he isn't scum. He accuses Teproc and y'all flip out. So now it's my turn to flip out.
So, first, everyone just wants Teproc to live cause he's back from the dead, he hasn't played forum games since 2004, etc. So as soon as YPG (Yellow Pokemon guy) accuses him, we gotta put YPG down. I ain't doing that. My vote didn't even go through.

And what the heck, guys? Unless he has a huge scum slip, like he says 'my partners,' or something really obvious, you can't accuse him. Anything 'scummy' that he might do could just be a part of his meta. Like how I act like a typical scum so Ashersky (bless his heart) always goes after me. He's never been right! And now I must stand up and defend YPG, not because he is too weak to defend himself, but because no one will listen to him. Like how no one listened to Iguanaiguana in RMM and no one listened to me in Switch (even though Switch Mafia is a terrible example). Apparently N00bs don't get a say.

What else? Oh yeah, apparently I got a scum slip out of him, courtesy of SS. No one has pointed it out. Why haven't they? Oh yeah, because it doesn't flippin' exist.

Faust, WW and Awaclus. Three veterans. They've done next to nothing, besides Faust making things personal with Iguanaiguana and Awaclus quoting entire posts. It's frustrating to me. We have like 10 days and we are going to make the usual mistakes. Draw out D1, guys. Play smart. Destroy this wagon.

Go after me if you want, I don't care. I'm unstoppable. I've never been mislynched, and I never will. Even though everyone will see this essay as scummy and force a claim out of me.

Maybe people take Thanksgiving weekend more seriously than I thought they did.

Oh, and here's my threat: I will post one of these, every day, if need be. This only took about ten minutes. I can post more of these. And you will feel inclined to read them. And you will waste time doing so. And I have gotten completely off topic.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 30, 2015, 02:03:29 am »

I will claim with Yuma.

er, don't. claiming early is only a good idea if you have a specific reason for i.t
I claim Iron Man

I don't like this.  You see Yuma wanting to claim, then just go and claim (flavor) and never provide additional reasons. 

well that is enough encouragement....

So I am a Random Vig aka The Hulk. I have no control over my power except whether or not to instigate it at night. If I do... someone other than me dies, but I can't choose who.

Honestly my main purpose is to get people to think that I am townie because this just isn't a role that makes any sense to fake claim regardless of alignment

I agree.  I see Yuma as town with this claim.

(not using the PR during the night)

Are you telling us that you for sure are not using your power?  Or will you.  (Or maybe I haven't read that far down the thread yet).  Because I don't want you to come back tomorrow after 5 people die overnight (obvious exaggeration) and just come out and say you decided to just use your role when you say you aren't going to.

I would advise some precaution though, something like yuma announces whether or not he shoots prior to each night.

This guy knows what he is talking about here.

I have already stated that I don't plan on using it until the end game anyone seeing me targeting someone until the end game can go ahead and just straight up lynch me as I don't think using it in the early or midgame is a good idea.

ok

Then there was a bunch of scumslip stuff, which is meh, then we have

this game is weird

vote: faust for not getting things moving

I don't like this post.  Basically, trying to move us past a discussion that is being had by discrediting the ongoing discussion as pointless and not moving the game forward.  While I agree that the conversation about scumslips is annoying, I think this effort at "getting things moving" without actually doing anything is scummy.

but now the day has actually become productive! so that's great.

town reads on Hydrad, igu, and Awaclus. no scum reads though. that means PoE. PoE means that scum is Ampharos. vote: Ampharos. who even is this guy?

This is after a fun long Iguana/silverspawn back and forth.  I think silverspawn comes out better, then switches randomly to Amphoras after that.

And that is where I am stopping my reread for the night.  I will pick back up again tomorrow.  Probably at night because I have a feeling work is going to be terrible.  And long.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 30, 2015, 02:27:51 am »

Vote Count 1.4:

silverspawn (2): yuma, Hydrad
Ampharos (3): silverspawn, iguanaiguana, faust

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on December 8 at 9:00 a.m. forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 30, 2015, 02:30:11 am »

iguana trying to get people in gear. thats good. I like iguana here. you get 5 town points. Now how strong are these town points? I have no idea as I haven't created the scale yet but I assure you its good.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 30, 2015, 03:07:32 am »

Ashersky (bless his heart) always goes after me. He's never been right!
[...]
I've never been mislynched

You know, you could make stronger point if you wouldn't lie.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #396 on: November 30, 2015, 03:37:21 am »

Ashersky (bless his heart) always goes after me. He's never been right!
[...]
I've never been mislynched

You know, you could make stronger point if you wouldn't lie.

Has ashersky ever been right in a game we're allowed to talk about?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 30, 2015, 03:53:21 am »

Vote Count 1.4:

silverspawn (2): yuma, Hydrad
Ampharos (3): silverspawn, iguanaiguana, faust

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on December 8 at 9:00 a.m. forum time.

I am pretty sure I was voting Hydrad, not faust. unvote anyway as I fell his posts afterwards are more like old good town!Hydrad. Need to reread stuff that happened over week end

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 30, 2015, 07:45:00 am »

It is moments like these that make me question whether or not you even read the thread or just post at random about random things. The rest of the post I am quoting was pretty much nonsense as well, but since this part pertains to me I am mentioning it.

Who are you voting for RR? Or who would you be voting for if I had a dayvig that I could threaten you with if you didn't vote for someone?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.