Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 322021 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2015, 01:23:17 pm »

Why would we ever want yuma to shoot ? At mylo I guess, but aside from that I don't see how that could be a good idea.

I think there are a couple of situations where it's good. Like, if you have 3 town and 1 scum left alive, then the extra shot is 'free'

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2015, 01:28:34 pm »

Voting for RR is a scumtell.

Vote: iguana
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2015, 01:47:27 pm »

Why would we ever want yuma to shoot ? At mylo I guess, but aside from that I don't see how that could be a good idea.

I think there are a couple of situations where it's good. Like, if you have 3 town and 1 scum left alive, then the extra shot is 'free'

Right, reverse mylo in a way. My point is : there's no scenario in which town!yuma shoots without the town discussing and approving it first.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2015, 01:53:56 pm »

Right, reverse mylo in a way. My point is : there's no scenario in which town!yuma shoots without the town discussing and approving it first.

okay, i can agree with that

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2015, 01:54:16 pm »

Well my vote officially sucks!

<b> unvote </b> for now...

Where to go next? <b> Vote: Roadrunner </b> seems okay fir now.

vote: ig

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2015, 01:54:37 pm »

the above seems like  a real scumslip to me. It's from a new player, and town doesn't have QT's in this game.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2015, 01:57:56 pm »

the above seems like  a real scumslip to me. It's from a new player, and town doesn't have QT's in this game.

Reiterate my vote on SS. Iguana has been in a bunch of quick topics of late via dying in other games. That there aren't any "known" town QTs this game has no merit.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2015, 02:00:13 pm »

Meh. I don't think it's a scumslip and it has nothing to do with my vote, but I briefly considered it, could see silver doing the same.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2015, 02:04:46 pm »

scumslips are rarely proof or insignificant - usually they're something in between.

Reiterate my vote on SS. Iguana has been in a bunch of quick topics of late via dying in other games. That there aren't any "known" town QTs this game has no merit.

I disagree. If he is scum (who could have daychat, too) that maks it more likely. It's one thing to have been in QT's at some point, and another thing to post something in a QT and then go right into the threat.

note that the last time I accused someone of scumslipping, he was scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2015, 02:08:46 pm »

This type of scumip has been proven again and again to not indicate alignment. Perot positive is when I often do the opposite and do the wrong billing style in QTs. What does that mean? Nothing. <b>dayvig: ss</b>

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2015, 02:09:32 pm »

This type of scumip has been proven again and again to not indicate alignment.

do you have any evidence for this?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2015, 02:13:11 pm »

I remember in Chocolate Factory, ash (who was scum) did the <b> thing... because of his Survivor QT.

It's not indicative of anything other than "this player has posted in a QT recently".

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2015, 02:14:50 pm »

Well, this has happened to iguana before I think, and then he said it's because of forum Survivor. I don't know if he's still playing in that. Anyway scumslips like this do not exist.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2015, 02:15:24 pm »

It's not indicative of anything other than "this player has posted in a QT recently".

right, I agree with that, and it's a useful way of putting it. And having posted in a QT recently does make him more likely to be scum.

Well, this has happened to iguana before I think, and then he said it's because of forum Survivor. I don't know if he's still playing in that. Anyway scumslips like this do not exist.

you have admitted that they do before.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2015, 02:19:39 pm »

The question isn't "do scumslips exist" because of course they do. I've scumslipped once (don't remember exactly what it was but I noted it to myself).

The problem is that it's nigh-imposible to tell the difference between a scumslip and some random mistake.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2015, 02:21:04 pm »

scumslips are rarely proof or insignificant - usually they're something in between.

I disagree. If he is scum (who could have daychat, too) that maks it more likely. It's one thing to have been in QT's at some point, and another thing to post something in a QT and then go right into the threat.

Note that the last time Igu made this exact same slip, he was autolynched and was town.  I don't want to lynch him for this.

I think it's slightly scummy because it could be a grab for town points ("He wouldn't do this AGAIN as scum..."), but not lynchable material.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2015, 02:22:42 pm »

Haddock is town by the way, just putting it down now so that I'll remember when rereading.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2015, 02:23:35 pm »

Note that the last time Igu made this exact same slip, he was autolynched and was town.  I don't want to lynch him for this.

most people are in the 'scum slips don't exist' mentality, so I kind of doubt that

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2015, 02:24:15 pm »

most people are in the 'scum slips don't exist' mentality, so I kind of doubt that
Doubt what?  What are you talking about? 
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2015, 02:25:41 pm »

that he got autolynched for it

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2015, 02:27:56 pm »

Meh. I don't think it's a scumslip and it has nothing to do with my vote, but I briefly considered it, could see silver doing the same.

So why are you voting him?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2015, 02:29:00 pm »

Disagree, but ive just realised we should stop talking about this.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2015, 02:31:07 pm »

PPE: I was going to say that, I think that game is still ongoing.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2015, 02:31:40 pm »

So why are you voting him?

His roadrunner vote read to me like "I need to do something", and full of little signifiers that I think scum uses more than town, like unvoting first and saying his vote "seems okay for now". It shows that his vote is more about how it makes him look than actually finding scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2015, 02:52:06 pm »

right, I agree with that, and it's a useful way of putting it. And having posted in a QT recently does make him more likely to be scum.

you have admitted that they do before.

I doubt that. Show me where this happened.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.