Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 322035 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2325 on: December 15, 2015, 03:20:51 pm »

Okay, that was scummy.

Vote: Hydrad
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: December 15, 2015, 03:21:14 pm »

Okay, that was scummy.

But whyyyy
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: December 15, 2015, 03:49:03 pm »

Okay, that was scummy.

Ugh

{curling up into a little ball to die somewhere}

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: December 15, 2015, 03:49:42 pm »

Okay, that was scummy.

Ugh

does that mean you disagree with the vote on me. because thats what I hope it means.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: December 15, 2015, 03:54:15 pm »

Her's the thing AMpharos : you're focusing on the weaker parts of the argument against scum!WW, which are all the breadcrumb things. I mostly agree with you that the breadcrumbs are mostly null.

In the process, you are ignoring the fact that, while it might be a convenient claim, it's a very specific claim, and not as convenient as it could be. Why doesn't WW claim to be a town role having targeted HYdrad here ? Why does he complicate his life by directly contradicting faust, yet not really pushing for his lynch ?

Because having targetted silver would not have fit his behaviour at all. Also, if he had claimed that, we would have lynched him.

Would we have? I don't think I would have...

I really think a main difference in how I am approaching the game and how you are approaching the game is that it feels like you are playing this like it is an open setup and there can't be anything that affected your investigation on WW. You feel like it must be known (how I don't know).

But this isn't an open setup. It is closed. There is the potential for interference with result in a myriad of ways, some of them we have talked about others we couldn't anticipate because this is a closed setup. I want to try and get more information about this before making a decision.

It isn't like your investigation result is just going to disappear... at least it shouldn't and if I am alive in the coming days and if I feel like it is relevant and we learn more that implicates WW or learn there isn't anything holding him up... we will lynch him. I think we can sit on your result and make sure it is what it is and not lose anything in the process.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: December 15, 2015, 03:56:24 pm »

Okay, that was scummy.

Ugh

does that mean you disagree with the vote on me. because thats what I hope it means.

another time, another place ....

{another child has lost the race}

I would be fine with someone voting you. But iguana was voting for egork. we finally, FINALLY!, got him to L-1 and the next post he moves his vote... to the person who finally got EgorK to L-1. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: December 15, 2015, 04:02:29 pm »

Yuma, putting me L-1 achieves what exactly? Forcing me to claim? It won't be too exciting. Lynching me? One more mislynch. And with there possibly edirector of some sort, you can't even shoot safely to increase variance. Nothing good would be done

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: December 15, 2015, 04:03:46 pm »

Her's the thing AMpharos : you're focusing on the weaker parts of the argument against scum!WW, which are all the breadcrumb things. I mostly agree with you that the breadcrumbs are mostly null.

In the process, you are ignoring the fact that, while it might be a convenient claim, it's a very specific claim, and not as convenient as it could be. Why doesn't WW claim to be a town role having targeted HYdrad here ? Why does he complicate his life by directly contradicting faust, yet not really pushing for his lynch ?

Because having targetted silver would not have fit his behaviour at all. Also, if he had claimed that, we would have lynched him.

Would we have? I don't think I would have...

I really think a main difference in how I am approaching the game and how you are approaching the game is that it feels like you are playing this like it is an open setup and there can't be anything that affected your investigation on WW. You feel like it must be known (how I don't know).

But this isn't an open setup. It is closed. There is the potential for interference with result in a myriad of ways, some of them we have talked about others we couldn't anticipate because this is a closed setup. I want to try and get more information about this before making a decision.

It isn't like your investigation result is just going to disappear... at least it shouldn't and if I am alive in the coming days and if I feel like it is relevant and we learn more that implicates WW or learn there isn't anything holding him up... we will lynch him. I think we can sit on your result and make sure it is what it is and not lose anything in the process.

Well, this is what I don't get. Sure there could be other yet unknown reasons for what happened. Any explanation that has been given so far does not make a ton of sense to me though. And surely, we can never be 100% sure. Well guess what: Neither can we be 100% sure about Egor. Yet for some reason you seem to believe that Egor is a better lynch than WW for some unfathomable reason.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: December 15, 2015, 04:05:05 pm »

I guess I got too agitated when posting that. I am sorry for any repetitions I apologize.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: December 15, 2015, 04:05:56 pm »

Intent to hammer
This day has been less productive than a UN meeting. I think we are about done here.
PPE 1
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: December 15, 2015, 04:07:12 pm »

Intent to hammer
This day has been less productive than a UN meeting. I think we are about done here.
PPE 1

I don't think hes at L-1 any more. well I would have to double check though.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: December 15, 2015, 04:08:43 pm »

Ya I'm pretty sure egorks just at L-2 again since iguana wants to murder me now.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: December 15, 2015, 04:08:48 pm »

Intent to hammer
PPE 1

Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: December 15, 2015, 04:16:50 pm »

Intent to hammer
PPE 1

Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.
I take partial blame, that's for sure. Do I assume it's entirely my fault? No.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: December 15, 2015, 04:21:34 pm »

Yet for some reason you seem to believe that Egor is a better lynch than WW for some unfathomable reason.

Simply put: reads. PRs are good and all and investigation results are great. But at the end of the day the game comes down to reads. I think Egork is scummy. I don't think WW is. I want more to show that WW is mafia before I change my read... I mean it has changed already to more scummy, but we have an opportunity to learn more via his/others roles.

I think EgorK is scummy. And right now there isn't anything to indicate from PRs one way or the other nor do I anticipate there will be in the future--at least not to the extent that we hope to get from information about WW going forward. So I am more ok lynching him.

And no worries about tone/agitation

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2340 on: December 15, 2015, 04:42:21 pm »

Okay, that was scummy.

I disagree that this vote is scummy.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: December 15, 2015, 04:43:20 pm »

Which one?  The one that igu is calling scummy or the igu vote itself?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: December 15, 2015, 04:43:47 pm »

Okay, that was scummy.

I disagree that this vote is scummy.

(Hydrad's vote, that is) I think iguana's vote is unfortunate, and don't see how hydrad's behavior trumps his previous read on egork.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: December 15, 2015, 04:44:19 pm »

Yeah, sorry. I was unintentionally ambiguous there

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: December 15, 2015, 05:08:35 pm »

Also, I don't believe in intent to hammer

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: December 15, 2015, 05:10:57 pm »

wait. do you mean you don't believe in people posting their intent to hammer ever? that they should just hammer instead?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: December 15, 2015, 05:18:07 pm »

It's nice for claims. I find myself regretting the time where we just claimed at L-1 (or didn't, but that was that), because derphammers were less of a threat then.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: December 15, 2015, 05:18:58 pm »

claiming at L-2 is the new way to go Teproc...

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: December 15, 2015, 05:20:36 pm »

Roadrunner : you were about to vote. That was nice.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: December 15, 2015, 05:22:36 pm »

I guess RR is voting, nevermind.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 19 queries.