Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: The Dominion Cards Lists 2015 Edition: $4 cards  (Read 77556 times)

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion Cards Lists 2015 Edition: $4 cards
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2015, 09:23:17 pm »
+1

Young Witch is already too high though. I think it's a lot worse than Sea Hag - it can be blocked by a Bane, doesn't leave the Curse on top of your opponent's deck, and the sifting is way too weak to make up for it.

Sea Hag is awful at hitting $5, Young Witch is actually pretty good at it (YW/Silver hits it exactly once unless YW misses the reshuffle), and that makes a far more important difference.

This doesn't look right. For example, your Young Witch hand might draw 5-6 coppers and 0-1 estates (and you need to discard two cards, so you don't hit 5). Your other hand has 1 Silver + 1-2 coppers and you don't hit 5 there either.

Moat/Silver is guaranteed to hit $5 unless your Moat misses the reshuffle. Power opening!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2015, 11:21:31 pm »

This doesn't look right. For example, your Young Witch hand might draw 5-6 coppers and 0-1 estates (and you need to discard two cards, so you don't hit 5). Your other hand has 1 Silver + 1-2 coppers and you don't hit 5 there either.

Oh right, that's true. It's still significantly better at hitting $5 than Sea Hag, though.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2015, 01:08:32 am »

My big differences:
Death Cart: I had it about ~27. It just makes it so easy to hit $8. I want to believe it's bad, but I seem to lose whenever I try to ignore it. (maybe it's just cause I'm not that good a player...)

Silk Road: I had it about ~64. It takes way too much to get it to be worth 3 or more. I don't think I can remember playing a game when it was really good.

Pilgrimage: I had about ~14. I've only played with it twice so far, but it seems really good.

Remodel / Salvager: I had Remodel ~29 and Salvager ~44.

I had Ranger, Envoy, and Plaza in the top 10. I think Plaza is the second best of the $4 villages (In restrospect these three shouldn't be quite as high as I put them, but I think they're significantly underrated on average).

I had Bishop #5 and Monument more than 10 ranks lower. I don't see how Bishop could be considered lower than Monument.

I had Militia #15.

Jack of All Trades I had in the 20s, probably because I almost always go for some kind of enginey deck.

(Looking back at my rankings now, I think they're kinda terrible and wish I could redo them -I think we should've had more time. I'm only listing the big ranking differences here that I mostly still agree with.)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 16, 2015, 01:39:13 am »
+5

My beef with Bishop is that you are helping your opponent at no cost to them. The cost to you is a terminal action that gives +$1. Yes, it gives points, but still, why do I want to help my opponent again?

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 16, 2015, 02:05:13 am »
+1

Fortress should be higher :(

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #155 on: November 16, 2015, 02:17:54 am »
+2

Jack of All Trades I had in the 20s, probably because I almost always go for some kind of enginey deck.

Jack is still extremely good in engines.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2015, 02:30:40 am »
+2

My beef with Bishop is that you are helping your opponent at no cost to them. The cost to you is a terminal action that gives +$1. Yes, it gives points, but still, why do I want to help my opponent again?
Well, in Bishop's case, I like it for long sloggy games where the accumulated points actually matter. And there's the fun of playing a hand size reducer before Bishop so your opponent has to decide between not trashing and playing a 2-card hand.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1855
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2015, 04:20:04 am »
+4

The best feeling in the world is when you are on one of these high pressure fast boards where the goal is to line up key cards quickly, and then your opponent opens Bishop.

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +807
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2015, 04:28:35 am »

Well, all those last comments are some of the reasons why I think Bishop should be quite a bit lower. I have it in my twenties. I think it's nice sometimes for some extra points and sometimes you have these special decks (golden deck, Bishop-Fortress etc) but it's not really a trasher.

On the other hand, I don't think I'm great with Bishop so maybe it's only me.
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2015, 04:49:35 am »
+1

Well, some boards aren't particularly slow, but not particularly fast either and I found that in those games, the points from Bishop are also quite helpful. Another upside is that it gives you some extra late game options.

I also realized $4 is a pretty awkward price point. The cards are helpful, but definitely not great. The difference between $4 and $5 really shows when scrolling through this list. At least the $3's have some unique powerful cards.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:52:07 am by Davio »

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2015, 07:45:30 am »
+20

Time for this thing again. I didn't rank Tournament, and I'll only talk about cards where my ranking was more than 10 spots off from the average. I'll try to group these together, since there are some similarities.

"But Adam, why are all the ranks you claim you made one off from the list in the bottom of this post?"

I'm assuming that I just put Tournament right where the average is so the comparisons I make here make more sense. Or something. I dunno, I did the thing with the numbers. Counting is hard.

I ranked Mining Village 16th, here it's ranked 37th.
I ranked Farming Village 18th, here it's ranked 34th.
I ranked Walled Village 34th, here it's ranked 47th.

It seems I like Villages a lot better than you guys. I have Walled Village criminally underranked, actually. Do you guys know how good +1 Card/+2 Actions is? It's like super-duper-amazeballs. No longer are you limited to one terminal action per turn. Nay, now you can play as many terminals EVERY TURN as you can get villages, PLUS ONE! Walled and Farming Village should be right next to each other on the rankings, IMO, and that should be around 20th place. Seriously, villages are amazing, you guys should try them out sometime :P

I ranked Pilgrimage 58th, here it's ranked 41st.

Pilgrimage really costs $8 and 2 Buys, where you can't actually pay all of that cost on one turn most of the time. It's so expensive that it's so rarely better than just buying those cards you wanted to begin with, and when it is better, it's not much better at all. You really need to be pinched hard on gains to make this work, and in that case, engine building usually just isn't worth it. I may have overrated this card, actually.

I ranked Horse Traders 47th, here it's ranked 32nd.

Looking back, I clearly underrated this guy, but I think it's overrated here for sure. Where should it be? Umm, somewhere between #32 and #47. Yeah.

I ranked Duplicate 39th, here it's ranked 26th.

This one is pretty close. Duplicate sure is good but when do you pick it up? You certainly almost never want to open with it and it's usually awkward to buy it knowing you've bought a Curse for one shuffle. A tough card to play for sure.

I ranked Quarry 38th, here it's ranked 22nd.

38th? Wow, what was I on? Looks like I really borked this one :-[

I ranked Bridge 36th, here it's ranked 11+

I don't see how 11+ is appropriate for this card. Maybe I was a little harsh but there are so many amazing cards and a lot of times Bridge just isn't that good. It's a great payload but you have to draw it and have the actions to play it. This guy belongs around 25-30 IMO, definitely not among the most elite cards at this price point.

I ranked Sea Hag 35th, here it's ranked 11+

I can see it now, "Sea Hag lost 3 ranks this time and one person even rated it below average." Hey guys! I'm that guy who tanked Sea Hag! How are you?

It's no secret, this lovely lady and I haven't had the best time in our relationship now that I've gotten married to someone way cooler and with a more... umm, normal, hair color. I've talked at length about why I think Sea Hag is so bad in another thread so I won't re-hash that here. I like Sea Hag exactly where I've put her and I'm standing my ground on this one; I'm right about Sea Hag. I don't know exactly where Sea Hag is going to end up on the list but I will say that every card we put under her in power level that's still left on this list is a clear mistake.

One day you all will see the light and put her exactly where she belongs. I know, her wily and shrewd ways can be very alluring at first. I, too, have fallen into that trap of deep infatuation (what can I say? I'm a sucker for a full moon and deep down I think we all are) but one day, all of you will find that special someone who is truly right for you AHEMAHEMjackAHEM and you will truly understand that in this day and age in Dominion, we can all do much, much better.

I ranked Magpie 33rd, here it's ranked 11+

I don't know how this one happened. Magpie belongs up there in 11+ for sure and it makes me sad.

I ranked Young Witch 32nd, here it's ranked 11+

I have this young woman underrated, but I certainly don't think she belongs in 11+. She's probably somewhere in the teens (OMG see what I did there?!?!?! AAAAAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHH!!!! Oh jeez I crack myself up. Srsly, you all need to upvote this post just because of that). Yeah, I can't top that. Moving on...

I ranked Militia 27th, here it's ranked 11+

I can see arguments for putting Militia higher than 27, maybe like up to 20 if I'm feeling generous. And maybe it's at 11 so there's nothing else to talk about. I dunno, I feel like where I put Militia is pretty good. Hmm.

I ranked Gardens 26th, here it's ranked 40th.

I think the community tends to undervalue green cards. Seems that it's only come up here so far with Gardens. Umm, yeah, Gardens is better than y'all think I guess, by a little bit. I like Gardens exactly where I put it. OK then.

I ranked Mission 23rd, here it's ranked 35th.

This has been talked about already here, and this one was pretty close. Mission is pretty good, it's like way better than Outpost. So many enablers that you're hard-pressed to find a board that doesn't have any of them.

I ranked Armory 17th, here it's ranked 45th.

I think this is actually the biggest difference, yeah? Well that depends on some of these 11+ cards, but wow, Armory at 45th? Just, wow. There's no way that's even close to right. Is it because all of those Ironworks rushes aren't as good with Armory? (bro voice) Bruh, nobody plays Workshop/Gardens anymore, that's SOOOO 2009 braouoauoahh!!!!!!!!! (end bro voice) I just don't understand it. Armory is way, way, way, super-ultra-way better than 45th. Like, by a lot. Wow. I really think the community got this one all the way wrong. I mean, I can understand why people think Sea Hag is good, but I just don't get why Armory is put below so many cards that it's better than.

I know a couple of games I've played in the league where people say I've overbought Armory, I disagree and I like the decks I built there. I really think that everyone, even the top players, need to go back and seriously re-think their read on this card.

I ranked Moneylender 14th, here it's ranked 28th.

Sort of close on this one, but yeah, I don't think I overrated Moneylender at all. He trashes Coppers while providing you really good economy. There's very, very little opportunity cost to this guy and his effect is so good.

I ranked Conspirator 7th, here it's ranked 21st.

Just look at how many boards out there have people playing a ton of action cards on their turn. It's like basically all of them. Conspirator is so, so, so incredibly good on those boards that I think it is among the top tier of $4 cards.

I ranked Procession 8th, here it's ranked 24th.

The community's read on this card is still skewed from when Dark Ages first came out? I dunno. Procession belongs in the top ten here, no contest.

It's true that Procession sometimes effectively reads "Play an Action from your hand twice then trash it" which is kinda sad. I mean, that's why I have Throne Room higher than it, for sure. But that card is still really, really, really good.

But then there are those boards where Procession is amazing, and on those boards, playing Procession well makes such a huge difference in what your deck can do. To say it's game-winning would be an understatement.

Yeah, it's hard to give this card its full potential, but I don't feel like that should affect its ranking here. Procession is sadly underrated and we just need to get better at Dominion to realize the right place to put it.

So that's it. I'm excited to see that the community put Jack first this year, that card is so good, man. Anything less than first place is just a travesty :D

Code: [Select]
1.) Jack of all Trades   [X]
2.) Remake   [X]
3.) Throne Room   [X]
4.) Ironmonger   [X]
5.) Wandering Minstrel   [X]
6.) Herald   [X]
7.) Conspirator   [X]
8.) Procession   [X]
9.) Smithy   [X]
10.) Worker's Village   [X]
11.) Spice Merchant   [X]
12.) Marauder   [X]
13.) Bishop   [X]
14.) Moneylender   [X]
15.) Envoy   [X]
16.) Mining Village   [X]
17.) Armory   [X]
18.) Farming Village   [X]
19.) Monument   [X]
20.) Port   [X]
21.) Caravan   [X]
22.) Transmogrify   [X]
23.) Mission   [X]
24.) Salvager   [X]
25.) Fortress   [X]
26.) Gardens   [X]
27.) Militia   [X]
28.) Plaza   [X]
29.) Ironworks   [X]
30.) Remodel   [X]
31.) Advisor   [X]
32.) Young Witch   [X]
33.) Magpie   [X]
34.) Walled Village   [X]
35.) Sea Hag   [X]
36.) Bridge   [X]
37.) Ranger   [X]
38.) Quarry   [X]
39.) Duplicate   [X]
40.) Scavenger   [X]
41.) Trader   [X]
42.) Baron   [X]
43.) Death Cart   [X]
44.) Cutpurse   [X]
45.) Silk Road   [X]
46.) Feodum   [X]
47.) Horse Traders   [X]
48.) Island   [X]
49.) Messenger   [X]
50.) Nomad Camp   [X]
51.) Talisman   [X]
52.) Miser   [X]
53.) Coppersmith   [X]
54.) Rats   [X]
55.) Noble Brigand   [X]
56.) Feast   [X]
57.) Spy   [X]
58.) Pilgrimage   [X]
59.) Bureaucrat   [X]
60.) Treasure Map   [X]
61.) Taxman   [X]
62.) Pirate Ship   [X]
63.) Thief   [X]
64.) Navigator   [X]
65.) Scout   [X]
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2015, 07:49:18 am »
+1

Adam's joke made me want to downvote the post, but +1 for taking so much time to tell us how and why you ranked cards.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2015, 07:50:37 am »
+2

Adam's joke made me want to downvote the post

That's how you know the joke was amazing <3 <3

My wife has told me that I'm going to make a great father, because I already have the jokes taken care of.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2015, 08:02:23 am »
+2

I ranked Young Witch 32nd, here it's ranked 11+

I have this young woman underrated, but I certainly don't think she belongs in 11+. She's probably somewhere in the teens (OMG see what I did there?!?!?! AAAAAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHH!!!! Oh jeez I crack myself up. Srsly, you all need to upvote this post just because of that). Yeah, I can't top that. Moving on...

Here, accept this well-deserved +1.

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +807
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2015, 08:04:14 am »
+2

I'm one of the guys who put Bridge into the top 10.

I mean, sure it's "just" a payload card. But man how good is it in that case? It's like super good, maybe the best payload you can have, right? If you can play a realiable engine and you could choose between Goons and Bridge you usually don't buy loads of Goons (yeah, sure, like one for the attack) but loads of Bridges. I think that's a big deal and justifies putting it into the top 10.
... it's also good in Slogs.

I agree that Moneylender and Conspirator could be higher... and I have Procession at #9 because the reasons I've given before.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:49:18 am by assemble_me »
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2015, 08:06:20 am »
+2

I mean, sure it's "just" a payload card. But man how good is it in that case? It's like super good, maybe the best payload you can have, right? If you can play a realiable engine and you could choose between Goons and Bridge you usually don't buy loads of Goons (yeah, sure, like one for the attack) but loads of Bridges. I think that's a big deal and justifies putting it into the top 10.

If you can play a reliable engine, then a lot of payloads will win you the game. Yeah Bridge is good but look at all of these other cards.

Silver is pretty good in slogs, too :P

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2015, 08:21:59 am »
+2

You don't usually buy loads of Goons? I don't know what Goons games you're playing, but if there's +Actions and enough engine potential to play several terminals, I'm playing several Goons. Not doing that is just leaving points on the board every turn.

I agree that Bridge is good, probably top 20 somewhere between all of its comboes and just the way it supports any engine in general, but it's one of those cards that's decent but sometimes incredible, rather than consistently great.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2015, 08:23:31 am »

If you can play a reliable engine, then a lot of payloads will win you the game. Yeah Bridge is good but look at all of these other cards.

Silver is pretty good in slogs, too :P
Bridge is a terminal Silver more often than you'd think. It's not something you want in non-engine games (which admittedly might become even more rare once Adventures goes online).

It's not a card that's particularly great as an opener. That doesn't mean it should be ranked lower because of that though. Just something to watch out for.

I had it at 22. I suppose it can be a bit higher than that. Somewhere between 20-11 sounds alright.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2015, 08:46:26 am »
+2

I had Bridge at #6. True, it's not that good in non-engine games, but a surprising amount of non-engine games become engine games just because Bridge is in them. It takes some effort to make it work sometimes, but Bridge makes it worth every bit of that effort. Most payload options actually require pretty good engine components in the kingdom, Bridge works with weaker components too (although it obviously benefits from strong components too).

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2015, 09:16:34 am »

Adam putting port below farming village makes me sad. :-\
Port should be up with wandering minstrel and herald and procession.
Port is two villages with on purchase which is really good
1.) Jack of all Trades   [X]
2.) Remake   [X]
3.) Throne Room   [X]
4.) Ironmonger   [X]
5.) Wandering Minstrel   [X]
6.) Herald   [X]
7.) Conspirator   [X]
8.) Procession   [X]
9.) Smithy   [X]
10.) Worker's Village   [X]
11.) Spice Merchant   [X]
12.) Marauder   [X]
13.) Bishop   [X]
14.) Moneylender   [X]
15.) Envoy   [X]
16.) Mining Village   [X]
17.) Armory   [X]
19.) Monument   [X]
20.) Port   [X]
21.) Caravan   [X]
22.) Transmogrify   [X]
23.) Mission   [X]
24.) Salvager   [X]
25.) Fortress   [X]
26.) Gardens   [X]
27.) Militia   [X]
28.) Plaza   [X]
29.) Ironworks   [X]
30.) Remodel   [X]
31.) Advisor   [X]
32.) Young Witch   [X]
33.) Magpie   [X]
34.) Walled Village   [X]
35.) Sea Hag   [X]
36.) Bridge   [X]
37.) Ranger   [X]
38.) Quarry   [X]
39.) Duplicate   [X]
40.) Scavenger   [X]
41.) Trader   [X]
42.) Baron   [X]
43.) Death Cart   [X]
44.) Cutpurse   [X]
45.) Silk Road   [X]
46.) Feodum   [X]
47.) Horse Traders   [X]
48.) Island   [X]
49.) Messenger   [X]
50.) Nomad Camp   [X]
51.) Talisman   [X]
52.) Miser   [X]
53.) Coppersmith   [X]
54.) Rats   [X]
55.) Noble Brigand   [X]
56.) Feast   [X]
57.) Spy   [X]
58.) Pilgrimage   [X]
59.) Bureaucrat   [X]
60.) Treasure Map   [X]
61.) Taxman   [X]
62.) Pirate Ship   [X]
63.) Thief   [X]
64.) Navigator   [X]
65.) Scout   [X]

aku_chi

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: aku chi
  • Respect: +1435
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2015, 09:18:30 am »
+1

I had Bridge at #6. True, it's not that good in non-engine games, but a surprising amount of non-engine games become engine games just because Bridge is in them. It takes some effort to make it work sometimes, but Bridge makes it worth every bit of that effort. Most payload options actually require pretty good engine components in the kingdom, Bridge works with weaker components too (although it obviously benefits from strong components too).
This seems backwards to me.  Bridge makes a good engine better and turns a great engine into a phenomenal engine.  But it's mediocre during the engine-building phase.  Most often, it's equivalent to either a Woodcutter or a Woodcutter with +1 coin.  Bridge can't make a borderline kingdom an engine kingdom unless the missing piece is +buy, in which case there are dozens of cards that work as well as Bridge in the early and mid game.

On the topic of Goons and Bridge as payload, I just played such a game yesterday!  I'm pretty sure a mixed approach was the correct approach.  On my last turn, I used 10 buys to grab 2 Provinces and empty three piles for 42 victory points.  I think I ended with ~80 VP total, more than a Bridge-only payload could acquire and faster than a Goons-only payload could obtain.  Incidentally, there were no villages or throne room variants - only Champion.  I now have a greater respect for Page.  Maybe it is the second best 2- cost card.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2015, 09:27:02 am »
+1

20.) Port   [X]

I try not to look too much into the really small deviations. The new interface for making lists is really good but it results in a little less precision than a good old-fashioned bucket sort.

Do I think Port is better than Farming Village? Yeah I think I do, and I think it's really close too. There are a lot of little details I would change about my list if I went back and took a close look at it, and a couple of big ones (Quarry and Magpie, anyone?).

But I think we get the big idea from this, and that's the point. The top three $3 cards are Amb, Masq, and Urchin. If you ever see more than one of them on a board then you're not going to this list to decide which one to open, this will just help people realize that those three cards are super-powerful.

For the record, I believe Wandering Minstrel is an order of magnitude better than any other $4 village. Herald doesn't count on that list, but that's because Herald doesn't quite fit the definition I'm looking for here (+1 Card/+2 Actions plus effect). Herald is about as good as WM. Hey look at that I put them right next to each other on my list! Wooo!

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2015, 09:38:30 am »
+2

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2015, 10:06:42 am »
+1

I was definitely not expecting Remake on top.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2015, 11:06:52 am »
+2

20.) Port   [X]

I try not to look too much into the really small deviations. The new interface for making lists is really good but it results in a little less precision than a good old-fashioned bucket sort.

Do I think Port is better than Farming Village? Yeah I think I do, and I think it's really close too. There are a lot of little details I would change about my list if I went back and took a close look at it, and a couple of big ones (Quarry and Magpie, anyone?).

But I think we get the big idea from this, and that's the point. The top three $3 cards are Amb, Masq, and Urchin. If you ever see more than one of them on a board then you're not going to this list to decide which one to open, this will just help people realize that those three cards are super-powerful.

For the record, I believe Wandering Minstrel is an order of magnitude better than any other $4 village. Herald doesn't count on that list, but that's because Herald doesn't quite fit the definition I'm looking for here (+1 Card/+2 Actions plus effect). Herald is about as good as WM. Hey look at that I put them right next to each other on my list! Wooo!
Farming Village is Village + small cycling effect.
Port is village + village. Not even close.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.