Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: MAKiNG MORE FUN: Graverobber plugin  (Read 8706 times)

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
MAKiNG MORE FUN: Graverobber plugin
« on: November 08, 2015, 04:06:17 pm »
+18

Graverobber is a plugin designed to run with the MAKiNG MORE FUN extension (requires MMF version 0.44.2c or later). It runs in your web browser, and reads the data file output by MMF to display the GameLog in a style that will be familiar to anyone who used GokoSalvager. It also tracks your wins and losses for the duration of your session, and can show bits of information that may be inconveniently covered up by the Dominion Online UI.

To use Graverobber, all you need to do is navigate to www.makingmorefun.com/graverobber, open the file dialog, and point it at the graverobber.dat file located in the MMF folder.

On Windows the MMF folder should be found at C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MMF.

On Mac the MMF folder is created in your home directory found at /Users/<username>. If you do not have the home directory in your Favorites sidebar in Finder, the easiest way open it is to press command+shift+h.

If you encounter a bug, feel free to report it in this thread.  Also, if possible, make a copy of the graverobber.dat file at the time you saw the bug, and provide that with the report.

Known Issues:
  • Supply in Info-Bar does not track Ruins and Knights properly

Planned Features:
  • Add Info-Bar item for Black Market deck contents
  • Add Pirate Ship Tokens to Tokens Info-Bar item
  • Add Info-Bar item for Actions/Buys/Coins
  • Add Info-Bar item count of cards in opponents draw pile
  • More log enhancements
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 06:19:20 pm by Deadlock39 »

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: MAKiNG MORE FUN: Graverobber plugin
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 04:11:19 pm »
+1

A couple of things I am looking for:
The VP symbol from the Wiki was too dark to use to display tokens. If anyone knows of a good image to use, or is talented and can create one that looks Dominion-y and looks good with black text over it, let me know.

I'm interested in favicon suggestions. I don't intend to stick with the current one.

I'm also taking suggestions for layout of the session statistics. I'm not 100% happy with what is there, but don't have any great ideas to improve it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 04:15:11 pm by Deadlock39 »

Rabid

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Rabid
  • Respect: +643
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 05:13:42 pm »

This is great!
Many thanks Deadlock.
Feature request: Audio alert when seeking finds a game.
Twitch
1 Day Cup #1:Ednever

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 05:49:30 pm »

This is great!
Many thanks Deadlock.
Feature request: Audio alert when seeking finds a game.

Would this just be an audio alert when the game starts up, or does the game not load immediately?  If the game loads up as soon as it finds a game, I can definitely add something there.  If there is something else involved, or it needs restricted to only when auto-match is used, we will need to get something added in MMF too.

Rabid

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Rabid
  • Respect: +643
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 06:05:08 pm »

Would this just be an audio alert when the game starts up, or does the game not load immediately?
Yes alert when the game starts.
Game loads immediately after finding a match.
Twitch
1 Day Cup #1:Ednever

sc0UT

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: sc0UT
  • Respect: +106
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 06:22:59 pm »

The VP symbol from the Wiki was too dark to use to display tokens. If anyone knows of a good image to use, or is talented and can create one that looks Dominion-y and looks good with black text over it, let me know.

I've modified the VP symbol a little bit. Is it bright enough?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 07:00:59 pm by sc0UT »

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 06:46:34 pm »

I've modified the VP symbol a little bit. Is it bright enough?

They look okay, but I guess maybe it isn't the brightness. It seems like the graphic may just be too busy.  Adding a white outline around the text makes it more readable, but it still doesn't look great IMO.

sc0UT

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 07:00:41 pm »

Yepp, the pattern on the shield is problematic. I'll remove the files from my previous post.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 07:11:12 pm »
+3

They look okay, but I guess maybe it isn't the brightness. It seems like the graphic may just be too busy.  Adding a white outline around the text makes it more readable, but it still doesn't look great IMO.
Why not just keep the outline of the shield and empty the middle?

sc0UT

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 08:01:56 pm »

OK, next try.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 02:41:12 am by sc0UT »

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 10:57:02 pm »

OK, next try.

Thanks,
I was able to turn the outline into something that looks better than the simple one I found to start with.

If anyone feels like doing something fancy like the coin token, it is easy to swap out. The new one will show up the next time I push things up to the server.

microman

• Moneylender
  • Stop "Making Fun" of me!
  • Respect: +67
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 10:14:39 am »

Hey guys, I can't seem to get the plugin to work.  I followed the directions, but when I try to choose the making more fun graverobber file, there is nothing there to choose.  Anyone have any ideas what I`m missing?  Thanks

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 10:20:01 am »
+1

Are you using MMF 0.44.2c? What Windows version? Can you find the \Users\Public\MMF folder with Windows Explorer? If so, what files does it contain?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 01:44:11 pm »
+5

Hey guys, I can't seem to get the plugin to work.  I followed the directions, but when I try to choose the making more fun graverobber file, there is nothing there to choose.  Anyone have any ideas what I`m missing?  Thanks

In case it's not completely clear from the OP to someone who hasn't been keeping up with stuff related to this... this plugin doesn't just work with the regular Online Dominion. It requires that you separately use/install SCSN's extension.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

microman

• Moneylender
  • Stop "Making Fun" of me!
  • Respect: +67
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 12:39:09 am »
+1

In case it's not completely clear from the OP to someone who hasn't been keeping up with stuff related to this... this plugin doesn't just work with the regular Online Dominion. It requires that you separately use/install SCSN's extension.
Ahh, that would explain my problem.  I haven't downloaded the extension yet, but I sure will. Thanks!  :)

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 11:40:34 pm »
+5

Graverobber has been updated!

You don't have to do anything to update because it's just a website; I already updated it. (If you have for some reason left it open, you will have to refresh...)

Updates include:
  • New VP Token image
  • Fix bug that caused Jack of All Trades to break Graverobber
  • added audio alert for Baker, Shelters with 5/2 split, Start of game, and Chat
  • No longer loads stale logs from the previous session if you open Graverobber before starting a game
  • Configurable options for all the new alerts (they all default to off)
  • Graverobber remembers which information you have visible between games and sessions

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 11:42:44 pm by Deadlock39 »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 05:58:24 pm »
+1

The VP symbol from the Wiki was too dark to use to display tokens.

I uploaded a brighter, higher quality image of the VP shield to the wiki.

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 06:14:35 pm »

Unfortunately, it seems the busy image makes text show up poorly on it even when it is brightened. It might work with the symbol in the center removed, but it is hard to say without tying it out and putting text on it.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 03:27:05 pm »

So I'm a bit confused. This can't actually change the look or anything about the running application itself, can it? If so, how?? If not, then in what way does it work with playing the application? Is it just something where you'll want to keep a browser window open next to your Dominion window to see extra information?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 05:11:11 pm »
+1

So I'm a bit confused. This can't actually change the look or anything about the running application itself, can it? If so, how?? If not, then in what way does it work with playing the application? Is it just something where you'll want to keep a browser window open next to your Dominion window to see extra information?

It cannot change the look of the actual Dominion Online application.  SCSN's extension writes a live log out to disk. This plugin runs in your browser, parses the log as it is written, and generates a separate side log. There are possibly other options, but I have been opening the browser window off to the side of the Dominion Online client, and using it instead of the built in side log.

The screenshots I've posted have the in game log opened with the browser moved over top of it to save some space.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:40:50 pm by Deadlock39 »

ingowood

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2015, 02:54:36 pm »

Hello, I'm knew to the extensions so sorry in advance for asking:
I now installed MMF-OSX-0.44.2d and tried to install the graverobber plugin. unfortunately I can't select the file. I am using OS and firefox. Is this the problem?

And another question: In the youtube videos the cards are always larger shown as in my games when I activate the log while the game, is this also something the plugin provides?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 03:05:27 pm by ingowood »

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2015, 04:16:49 pm »

I now installed MMF-OSX-0.44.2d and tried to install the graverobber plugin. unfortunately I can't select the file. I am using OS and firefox. Is this the problem?

And another question: In the youtube videos the cards are always larger shown as in my games when I activate the log while the game, is this also something the plugin provides?

Hi, I am not sure if the Mac version of the plugin is able to generate the output files yet.  If/When it does generate the files, they will appear in a different folder location as the directories mentioned in my post are specifically Windows public folders. SCSN will probably step in here and give details on the state of the output files on Mac, but you may ask about it specifically in the MAKiNG MORE FUN thread.

I am pretty sure the sizes of cards only depends on the resolution you have picked to run the game at, if the side log is open or not, and if there are any additional piles beyond the standard 10. MMF shouldn't be doing anything to affect that.

MdLC

• Scout
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2015, 06:10:08 pm »
+3

Hi, I am not sure if the Mac version of the plugin is able to generate the output files yet.  If/When it does generate the files, they will appear in a different folder location as the directories mentioned in my post are specifically Windows public folders. SCSN will probably step in here and give details on the state of the output files on Mac, but you may ask about it specifically in the MAKiNG MORE FUN thread.

I am pretty sure the sizes of cards only depends on the resolution you have picked to run the game at, if the side log is open or not, and if there are any additional piles beyond the standard 10. MMF shouldn't be doing anything to affect that.

For the Mac version, the MMF folder (with graverobber.dat) is created in your home directory when the game is started. In FireFox, when you click "Browse..." in Graverobber, you may not have the home directory in your Favorites sidebar. The easiest way to get to it is to hold down the command+shift+h keys all at the same time.

If you can't find the MMF folder or graverobber.dat, please PM me and I'll help figure out what is going wrong with your MMF installation.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2015, 11:22:08 pm »

Graverobber has been updated with additions to the infoBar to view the Trash and the Black Market deck, along with a couple bug fixes and formatting improvements.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.