Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: League of Explorers Discussion  (Read 47094 times)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: League of Explorers Discussion
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2015, 09:36:05 am »

I'm done with the adventure now. I think the Heroics were easier than last time, but I think the adventure had a lot of interesting fights. I liked it a lot.

The Heroic Hero Power of Skelesaurus was ridiculously OP...except when it played Majordomo after I got King Crush from Mirror Entity (with Ice Block giving me enough stalling time).

I really liked the last boss.

That's another complete set of Heroic challenges done for me as well. Nice adventure overall.

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +863
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 11, 2015, 09:46:15 am »

I want to play around with a Midrange Hunter deck with Scarab(Discover a 3-cost card) and Tomb Spider(Discover a Beast). The other day I was up against a Handlock where I got a Powershot from Scarab that helped destroy Double-Molten Argus when I needed to and a King Crush from Tomb Spider.

I've pretty much done that for the past 3 weeks. I created a Beast-themed Hunter deck and included more and more Explorers cards as they came out. Now it uses all 4 of the Explorer heroes and is like a highlander midrange-control-ish combo deck that wants to mulligan for Mrrglton, Reno and Elise. The deck is flexible but inconsistent and doesn't fare too well on ladder. It shuts out some control decks, you win against face hunter if you're very lucky and it almost always loses to Warlock, Shaman and Paladin. That makes me a bit sad but I can't stop playing it because it's so GODDAMN FUN!

Below is my deck list. If you just want to have a fun time with the new cards I can highly recommend a deck like this one.

1 Hunter's Mark
1 Sir Finley Mrrgglton
1 Tracking
1 Webspinner
1 Explorer's Hat
1 Glaivezooka
1 Haunted Creeper
1 Ironbeak Owl
1 Jeweled Scarab
1 King's Elekk
1 Quick Shot
1 Animal Companion
1 Brann Bronzebeard
1 Deadly Shot
1 Kill Command
1 Powershot
1 Unleash the Hounds
1 Baron Rivendare
1 Elise Starseeker
1 Houndmaster
1 Piloted Shredder
1 Tomb Spider
1 Antique Healbot
1 Loatheb
1 Sludge Belcher
1 Emperor Thaurissan
1 Reno Jackson
1 Savannah Highmane
1 Dr. Boom
1 King Krush
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 11, 2015, 10:18:49 am »

The thing with Hunter is that it has very poor draw-from-deck capabilities. The best you can get is with the situational Cult Master or post-nerf Starving Buzzard. Midrange Hunter does have a way to get a bunch of "stuff" in hand though. Webspinner, Jeweled Scarab, Tomb Spider, and possibly Ball of Spiders if you're feeling bold (but putting on the pressure with Highmane is probably better).

Because Hunter is not so great at the control game, I feel like they need to make their tempo plays early then push for lethal with midrange threats like Highmane and Dr. Boom. I tried adding Sir Finley only to realize I don't actually want to give up the Hunter hero power as a midrange beast deck.

Cards like Reno and Elise are bound to be disappointing in Hunter due to the lack of deck draw. Brann can be pretty good though. Double up on Discover, Houndmaster, and Ram Wrangler.

Playing Beast Hunter makes you realize how helpful Acidmaw can be so long as you don't actually include Acidmaw in your deck. Another example of how the mere existence of a card has an effect on Hearthstone.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2015, 08:51:19 pm »

@cookielord - No Dreadscale? Blashphemy!

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +863
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2015, 10:36:18 pm »

I think you`re right. I should probably just play Beast Hunter with Brann (and maybe Rivendare?) but without the other Explorers. I don't have Dreadscale or Acidmaw, sadly.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.782 seconds with 21 queries.