Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: League of Explorers Discussion  (Read 47104 times)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: League of Explorers Discussion
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2015, 10:18:12 pm »

Frost giant would be a fun card to try :P
Ah yeah, but I don't have that one either.

This reminds me, Twilight Drake is going to be quite strong with Bran Bronzebeard. Dragon decks in general benefit quite a bit from him. Imagine a Paladin with double Battlecry on Dragon Consort.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2015, 11:23:07 pm »

I don't get the hype for Brann. I can't get over the fact that he's a 3 mana 2/4. He's got to compete with better things you can do with a 3 mana card.

I could see him becoming like Baron Rivendare, who is barely ever run but may be a legit choice in some oddball decks (Dreadsteed Warlock, Reincarnate Shaman).

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2015, 11:41:14 pm »

I don't get the hype for Brann. I can't get over the fact that he's a 3 mana 2/4. He's got to compete with better things you can do with a 3 mana card.

I could see him becoming like Baron Rivendare, who is barely ever run but may be a legit choice in some oddball decks (Dreadsteed Warlock, Reincarnate Shaman).
Well he can be sort of used like Hobgoblin to boost a specific style of deck. Sadly you can only run 1 Bran so decks using him need to have something else going for them.

Last I heard, targeted battlecries that are doubled must hit the same target both time. That sucks big time actually. You can't split Aldor Peacekeeper to debuff two enemies or split something like Blackwing Corruptor to hit two enemies. When I started thinking about it, a lot of the really good battlecries don't stack when doubled, or don't stack much at least.

But imagine, 4 Boom Bots.

Edit: oh and doubling Healbot's Battlecry might become a thing.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 11:54:24 pm by markusin »

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2015, 12:26:04 am »
+1

2/4s are fine.  Frothing Beserker, the artist formerly known as Dalaran Mage, Flamewaker, Harvest Golem when you think about it, all 2/4s with a good enough upside.

Doubling battlecries without being able to retarget them is just not enough upside.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2015, 03:50:21 am »

2/4s are fine.  Frothing Beserker, the artist formerly known as Dalaran Mage, Flamewaker, Harvest Golem when you think about it, all 2/4s with a good enough upside.

Doubling battlecries without being able to retarget them is just not enough upside.

Doubling a Healbot is definitely good enough in the kind of deck that needs it. It's basically as good as Healbot as far as stats are concerned, but it costs $2 less.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2015, 03:59:28 am »

Doubling a Healbot is definitely good enough in the kind of deck that needs it. It's basically as good as Healbot as far as stats are concerned, but it costs $2 less.

Is this better than Earthen Ring Farseer though?  How many times will you play Antique Healbot into Earthen Ring Farseer and discover that 11 life was not enough, and you needed 16?  Usually what happens is that 8 is not enough if the Antique Healbot replaced a card you needed to draw to regain board control, and gaining even more life is not going to resolve that particular problem. 

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2015, 12:47:13 pm »

Been playing around with Highlander Mage, and it's a lot better than I thought it would be, still tweaking it  and am not sure I have the right variety of cards yet. I think when League is fully out there's going to be good decks that use Elise, Bran and Reno to draw through themselves and win when they find the Golden Monkey, thematically that'll be pretty neat.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2015, 12:49:57 pm »

Just figured out that Highlander = "there can only be one"

Booooooooo

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2015, 12:54:40 pm »

Been playing around with Highlander Mage, and it's a lot better than I thought it would be, still tweaking it  and am not sure I have the right variety of cards yet. I think when League is fully out there's going to be good decks that use Elise, Bran and Reno to draw through themselves and win when they find the Golden Monkey, thematically that'll be pretty neat.

It seems Freeze Mage can have success with Reno effectively without going into full Highlander mode:

http://www.pcgamer.com/reno-jackson-might-be-hearthstones-strongest-card-since-emperor-thaurissan/

Tournament play is different from ladder play, but still something to consider.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2015, 12:55:29 pm »

Booooooooo

Yeah I didn't get the name immediately.

Is something wrong with that? I never saw the movie.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2015, 01:02:27 pm »

Booooooooo

Puns are always wrong.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2015, 01:03:31 pm »
+1

Lol, I love it.

Looking at the big list of Brann combos I think that any decks that like to cycle themselves will be good with him. Gnomish/Azure/Coldlight combos in decks will be great with Freeze Mage, Murloc decks, Mill decks. He'll be a big boon to Totem Shaman from the look of it. I also expect that it will be tried out in Control Warrior out as there's lots of little combos you can use him for. It looks like most Dragons work well with him (Azure, Twilight Guardian and Drake, Consort, Wyrmrest, Blackwing Tech and Corruptor, Nefarian, Crusher) which I think means Dragon decks will make room for Brann and might see some shuffling around of the dragons that are used in those types of deck.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2015, 01:13:15 pm »

Booooooooo

Puns are always wrong.
I wouldn't call that a pun. It's more of a direct reference. Puns involve wordplay, which I do not see in the term "Highlander deck".

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2015, 01:32:04 pm »

Highlanders have been called highlanders for at least a decade already (probably longer). It's just natural that Hearthstone would also use the term.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2015, 06:16:54 am »

Brand Bronzebeard in Mill Rogue is pretty serious business.  You can store the Coldlight Oracles using Shadowstep and get some pretty insane multidraw turns playing multiple Oracles after dropping him. 

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2015, 06:46:46 am »

Is this better than Earthen Ring Farseer though?  How many times will you play Antique Healbot into Earthen Ring Farseer and discover that 11 life was not enough, and you needed 16?  Usually what happens is that 8 is not enough if the Antique Healbot replaced a card you needed to draw to regain board control, and gaining even more life is not going to resolve that particular problem.
To me the the difference is that the Earthen Ring is not a continuing threat.  "I've healed, now I have two vanilla 3/3s, ooh whatcha gonna do?".  Whereas Brann being out is an immediate threat.  It HAS to die next turn, or you risk just instalosing the game.  That's a fairly big effect.  Lots of these cards with ongoing effects are like that; what makes them good is not just the one use you get out of them on the turn you play them, but rather the fact that leaving them alive is a catastrophe for the opponent, so their priorities get all messed up.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2015, 11:50:23 am »

I'm liking the Discover mechanic. You don't need to build a deck around it. You can just include a Discover card whenever you want more versatility in your deck.

I want to play around with a Midrange Hunter deck with Scarab(Discover a 3-cost card) and Tomb Spider(Discover a Beast). The other day I was up against a Handlock where I got a Powershot from Scarab that helped destroy Double-Molten Argus when I needed to and a King Crush from Tomb Spider.

Edit: I also tried Dragon Paladin with Bran Bronzebeard. The Bran into Consort + Twilight Drake/Guardian is fun times. Bran also makes Blackwing Technician a bit more desirable.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 11:59:25 am by markusin »

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2015, 01:13:33 pm »

Edit: I also tried Dragon Paladin with Bran Bronzebeard. The Bran into Consort + Twilight Drake/Guardian is fun times. Bran also makes Blackwing Technician a bit more desirable.

How does this interaction work? Does he make the next Dragon cost 10 less or does he make the next two Dragons cost 5 less?

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2015, 01:34:46 pm »

How does this interaction work? Does he make the next Dragon cost 10 less or does he make the next two Dragons cost 5 less?

Consort only makes Dragons cost 2 less, but anyway Bran Bronzebeard + Consort makes the next Dragon cost 4 less.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2015, 11:14:47 am »

I was playing against Heroic Archaedes and at some point Archaedes played Astral Communion that he drew from Spellslinger. That made the battle an easy win.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 22, 2015, 08:47:32 pm »

Brann is pretty decent in Highlander Warlock. Works with Ancient Healbot, Dr Boom, Twilight Drake, Argus, Peddler, Farseer, - I even managed to steal 2 minions with MC Tech!

Current list:
http://s22.postimg.org/t0vjq1szl/Hearthstone_Screenshot_11_22_15_20_50_40.png

Stucked Brann in instead of Harrison.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2015, 08:21:51 pm »
+1

Why can't Blizzard make card texts that match the effects of the cards?
Unearthed Raptor says: "Choose a friendly minion. Gain a copy of it's Deathrattle effect." Why can't I target a minion without Deathrattle to avoid copying the Zombie Chow heal?

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2015, 08:53:18 pm »

Why can't Blizzard make card texts that match the effects of the cards?
Unearthed Raptor says: "Choose a friendly minion. Gain a copy of it's Deathrattle effect." Why can't I target a minion without Deathrattle to avoid copying the Zombie Chow heal?

They want to avoid those pesky misclicks I guess, even if that means defying card text that would make the card better.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2015, 08:58:51 pm »

I FUCKING LOVE ETHEREAL CONJURER

ITS'S EVERYTHING SPELLSLINGER SHOULD HAVE BEEN

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2015, 09:19:00 am »

I'm done with the adventure now. I think the Heroics were easier than last time, but I think the adventure had a lot of interesting fights. I liked it a lot.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.