Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Name That Card  (Read 1470 times)

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
Name That Card
« on: October 31, 2015, 03:12:33 pm »

Troubadour:
Choose one: +1 Card and +1 Action; or choose an Action card from your hand. Play the chosen card once for each differently named Action card you have in play other than this.
Cost: $6
Action

So I'm making this card for a fan expansion I'm working on, and it's based on the Renaissance, with a theme of cards that care about what you have in play.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 06:38:39 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
Re: Name That Card
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 04:56:27 pm »

You might want to rephrase 'once for each differently named Action card you have in play other than copies of itself' to 'other than this'; the effect (that you only play the chosen card once unless you've played an action to playing Unnamed Card) will be the same, and will be less wordy.

As for the name, perhaps Troubadour, since a Troubadour is only interesting if he knows a wide variety of songs?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 05:00:42 pm »
+1

I think the wording should be a choose one.

"Choose one: +1 card +1 action; or, choose a card..."
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 05:10:57 pm »

The card sounds like pretty OP, though. It easily becomes better than KC.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

yuma

• Minion
  • Respect: +609
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 05:37:48 pm »

I can't/won't speak to the design of the card, but if this card is similar to Throne Room/King's Court/Procession I would recommend calling it something like:

- Scaffold (Scaffolding) - that a painter would use to paint the the Throne Room/King's Court/Chapel, plus it ties into the idea of the card that the more cards (platforms) you have out the higher (and more useful) it will be.

- Fresco

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 06:35:46 pm »

You might want to rephrase 'once for each differently named Action card you have in play other than copies of itself' to 'other than this'; the effect (that you only play the chosen card once unless you've played an action to playing Unnamed Card) will be the same, and will be less wordy.

As for the name, perhaps Troubadour, since a Troubadour is only interesting if he knows a wide variety of songs?

I think the wording should be a choose one.

"Choose one: +1 card +1 action; or, choose a card..."

I agree, those are much better wordings. I especially don't know why I didn't use a choose one like GendoIkari suggests. And after looking up what a Troubadour is, I agree that that's a good name. I think I'll use that.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.