Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Inheritance/Vineyard  (Read 2698 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Inheritance/Vineyard
« on: October 31, 2015, 12:26:30 am »
+3

Simple question: do Inherited Estates count for Vineyard points?  My thought is yes, but it all comes down to when your Estate token actually ends up being removed.  The card set aside when you buy Inheritance counts for Gardens, but does that mean it counts in the same way other set aside cards do, or that the token is removed and it's added back to your deck at the end of the game?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

dane-m

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dane-m
  • Respect: +196
    • View Profile
Re: Inheritance/Vineyard
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 04:40:52 am »
+1

When Donald was doing his previews, he explained why one couldn't inherit a card that included Victory as one of its types.  The reason was that having one's Inherited Estates count those Victory Points as well as their own at the end of the game made it too easy to score Victory Points.  From that I believe we can deduce that Inherited Estates retain the inherited types when the scoring is done, i.e. Inherited Estates do count for Vineyard purposes. 

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 06:16:48 am »
+1

Yes.

From rulebook p17.l6-:
For the rest of the game, all of your Estates have the abilities and types of the set aside card.

"The rest of the game" includes the VP-counting phase. So, inherited-Estates count as an Action when calculating Vineyard's score.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 08:33:52 am »
+1

Yes.

From rulebook p17.l6-:
For the rest of the game, all of your Estates have the abilities and types of the set aside card.

"The rest of the game" includes the VP-counting phase. So, inherited-Estates count as an Action when calculating Vineyard's score.

While I do think the conclusion is right, it's not at all clear that "the rest of the game" would include when you count VPs. The rules describe the game as being over at that point.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 09:38:43 am »
+12

Simple question: do Inherited Estates count for Vineyard points?
Yes.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.